West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Meetings, and Events Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Steveston Pajo’s Fish and Chips run

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Steveston Pajo’s Fish and Chips run
    Posted: 23 February 2011 at 2:53pm
This run is going to be planned by Ken.  It will happen on Sunday March 27th.  Basically a ride to Garry Point in Steveston for some great fish and chips a Pajo's.

This is a beautiful park right on the beach.  It's a fantastic kite flying destination with steady wind most of the time.  Lots of parking and more or less out of the way.

Bring some lawn chairs to relax for the afternoon before the ride back into town.

Should be a great time.

The Dawg
You dream it up....I'll make it
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2011 at 3:57pm

Originally posted by Dawg Dawg wrote:

March 27th. 

It's a fantastic kite flying destination with steady wind most of the time

Bring some lawn chairs to relax for the afternoon...

Let's hope it warms up a lot from today's weather.

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2011 at 4:32pm
Let's hope it snows again. Gretchin just loves the snow (Sarcasm).
Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2011 at 7:03pm
If it snows, it is unlikely Pajos will be open. Pajo's only opens on sunny days,
especially in the winter, early spring when it is normally rather cool.

So Gretchin will be out of luck.

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2011 at 11:41pm
Oh. Well, it is my sincere hope that the snow will have given up and gone home by late March.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2011 at 11:55pm

Originally posted by Romeo Romeo wrote:

Oh. Well, it is my sincere hope that the snow will have given up and gone home by late March.

Yeah, especially if we're all sitting in lawn chairs braving a steady wind off the water in Steveston.

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2011 at 12:04am

lol

Bah. Still warmer than Saskatchewan.

beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2011 at 1:03pm
I'm working on a drive route that might be interesting. This year, I was thinking of going a similar route as last time but having a drive-through of the new Port Royal subdivision.

However, I have this fascination with tunnels and just got one of my pictures of the Massey Tunnel published in a text book.   So I'm wondering if there is interest in seeing the Cow Tunnel at 72nd Ave in Delta and maybe do a Fiero photo-shoot on Rice Mill Road in front of the Massey Tunnel and the BC Ferries service yard. Then head to Steveston via the south arm shoreline along Dyke Road. We can meet in front of Krispy Kreme at Scottsdale Mall (lots of parking) to start. The drive should take about an hour and a half to get there. We might be able to organize a photo shoot of our Fieros coming out through the cow tunnel too.

Comments?

We will discuss this at the meeting too.

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2011 at 1:48pm

Originally posted by beken beken wrote:

So I'm wondering if there is interest in seeing the Cow Tunnel at 72nd Ave in Delta... We might be able to organize a photo shoot of our Fieros coming out through the cow tunnel too.

As I stated on the mailing list... How could anything involving a "cow tunnel" not be worthwhile checking out, especially for us city boys? Sounds great/fascinating (and even somewhat scary) to me, Ken!

beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2011 at 3:57pm
The cow tunnel crosses under highway 91. It's actually used more by cars than cows nowadays. Trucks will not fit through it so bring your Fiero.

beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2011 at 10:18pm
Unfortunately, I will have to plan a different route. The cow tunnel has been
closed permanently as they construct a new overpass. Something about the
South Perimeter road.

1.jpg">

beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2011 at 10:23pm
So much for uploading a picture.   

Look at it here.

Ken's Flickr
picture of cow tunnel

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2011 at 10:31pm

Originally posted by beken beken wrote:

Unfortunately, I will have to plan a different route. The cow tunnel has been closed permanently...

Well damn, I'm not going then.

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2011 at 12:01am

Aw, that sucks. I probably am not quite the fan you are, but tunnels have a certain atmosphere about them that's always cool to drive in. That, and the exhaust notes echoing is awesome.

Anyhoo, count me in for the run.

beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2011 at 11:23am
Anybody interested in visiting a winery? I just noticed I'm running out of wine so might be interested in stopping at my friend's winery.   Not really much to see, but if you're interested in a tour of the place, I can get that arranged.

Boxin' Robin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Boxin' Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2011 at 11:37pm
So this run will be postponed if it's a rainy day, correct?
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2011 at 12:05am
Yes it seems that way.  People should check the website before leaving.

The Dawg
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2011 at 12:18am
Here is the meet up spot:

And this is the destination:

I'll let Ken pass on the rest of the details.

The Dawg
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2011 at 2:23pm
If it is dry, we leave Krispy Kreme at 11:03am on Sunday March 27.   

We will go west on 72nd Ave to Highway 91 and turn north, over the Alex Fraser bridge to Annacis Island. Get a group shot at the new Port Royal subdivision, then head on to River Road and drive along the Fraser River north arm to #6 road in Richmond. Then to Silver City at #6 and Steveston Hwy.   Go west along Steveston to #5 road, turn left and head south to Rice Mill Road. Turn left and pull stop for a group shot in front of the Massey Tunnel. Turn around, pull into the BC Ferries service yard for a group shot. Then head back to #5 road and turn south (left) to Dyke Road. We will drive along the dyke as far as we can and then head for Moncton and parade our Fieros through Steveston to Pajos.

Anybody not willing to make their way to Krispy Kreme can meet join us anywhere along the route.

I have sent a flawed route map (Google Map kept adding addition excursions on me) to the mailing list.

Hope to see lots of Fieros come out.

D_sensitized View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote D_sensitized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2011 at 5:57pm
Hope it's a good run, I'll be at the last slush series that day so wont be able to make it out this time.

Have fun.
-Harrison
88GT 3800 SC1 F23 5-speed
Chilliwack
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic