West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » General Fiero Chat » General Talk about Fieros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nose idea for the Bomber

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nexus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2011 at 4:54am
I look forward to seeing it!!
Charlie
84 SE
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2011 at 8:51pm

You'll have to pardon me, I just figured out how to work my scanner, and on top of that, I made the mistake on free-handing your image rather than just tracing it (Which would've looked better). Never-the-less, here's my own personal touch:

Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2011 at 8:56pm
I also like design 1 myself.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Nexus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nexus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2011 at 9:23pm

Romeo, would you like me to photoshop that in for you?

It may take a day or two, I just spent the last 2.5 hrs redesigning a logo for my brother inlaw!!

The more I look at the two pics, I seem to be leaning towards version one!!!

Charlie
84 SE
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2011 at 11:35pm
You may do whatever you please, my pictures are free for anyone to play around with as they see fit.
Nexus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nexus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 7:47am

Version 3

Version 4

This is what I came up with based on Romeo's scetch

Is it close to what you were thinking?

Charlie
84 SE
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 8:18am
I actually think you're spot on with number three. I didn't even bother with the gap in my sketch, I transitioned straight from marker light to brake vent inlet. Looks good, nice work!
kharmata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kharmata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Romeo Romeo wrote:

I actually think you're spot on with number
three. I didn't even bother with the gap in my sketch, I
transitioned straight from marker light to brake vent
inlet. Looks good, nice work!

I agree! This is now the version (3) I like best.
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 2:43pm

Aw, thanks Kev.

As to you, Mr Nexus, if you need any more persuasion, I was playing around with some measurements of the area of the marker light, and guesstimated the size of the vent size. If you eliminate that bit of bodywork between the light and your vent, you should pick up 3.12 square inches of area! When factored in to the rest of the area (Again, by estimation of size) this equates to almost 50% more surface area on the inlet versus type one! Physics baby!

Nexus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nexus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2011 at 11:28am

Aw, thanks Kev.

As to you, Mr Nexus, if you need any more persuasion, I was playing around with some measurements of the area of the marker light, and guesstimated the size of the vent size. If you eliminate that bit of bodywork between the light and your vent, you should pick up 3.12 square inches of area! When factored in to the rest of the area (Again, by estimation of size) this equates to almost 50% more surface area on the inlet versus type one! Physics baby!

lol...I never put that much thought into the practical function of the inlet holes...was going solely on appearance and flow...but seeing as how you put it that way, it makes me think a little...lol

I'm trying to get better at the photoshop thing...I have come up with an idea for the interior but can't remember if I already posted something here about it.

The nose mods are in the future plans but this year I'm going to try and leave things alone and just drive the darn thing and enjoy it!!

Charlie
84 SE
Nexus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nexus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2011 at 11:33am

another idea I had, and I want to thank the owner of this car for posting such a nice size picture for me to work with!!!

Idea 2: Version 1:

Charlie
84 SE
kharmata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kharmata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2011 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Nexus Nexus wrote:

just drive the darn thing and enjoy it!!

My sentiments exactly!
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2011 at 11:56am

another idea I had, and I want to thank the owner of this car for posting such a nice size picture for me to work with!!!

Not my cup of tea, personally. I like the lines in a car to flow together (As a result, the discrepency between the hood line and driver/passenger glass absolutely KILLS me), and on that one, I just don't feel the lines working together.

Just my opinion though.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2011 at 5:34pm

As a result, the discrepency between the hood line and driver/passenger glass absolutely KILLS me...

Not sure what you're referring to. Can you elaborate?

I've always liked the way the "belt line" on '87-'88 coupe noses extends all the way around the front.

Nexus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nexus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2011 at 9:33pm

Again, I'm on the fence because I like the belt line wrapped around and I like the smooth contour!!!

All this photoshop work is making me a little better at it though

I also have a supra front nose I am going to try and digitally chop up!!

Charlie
84 SE
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2011 at 12:02am
Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

As a result, the discrepency between the hood line and driver/passenger glass absolutely KILLS me...

Not sure what you're referring to. Can you elaborate?

I've always liked the way the "belt line" on '87-'88 coupe noses extends all the way around the front.

Look at where the hood ends on a GT. The look at where the bottom of the driver's or passenger glass is. On 99.999% of cars, these will be totally equal on the y-axis. On a Fiero, however, the hood sits about 1.5-2.0" higher than the bottom of the glass. Completely ruins the flow and lines.

Keep it up Nexus, you've caused quite the buzz with your idea.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2011 at 12:56am

Look at where the hood ends on a GT.

Ummm.... aren't all Fiero hoods the same?

Next!

On a Fiero, however, the hood sits about 1.5-2.0" higher than the bottom of the glass.

I'm still not sure if I follow you. Keeping that in mind, I seem to recall lots of cars (in the past anyway) where there was a "pocket" for the wipers to hide in when they were down/turned off. Doesn't that result in the same effect you're referring to? If so, looks fine to me.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2011 at 1:06am

No excuse for this, Charlie!  

Please upload your images to the club's server instead of linking to them on a Photobucket account. That way the images will never disappear from your posts.

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2011 at 9:03am
Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

Look at where the hood ends on a GT.

Ummm.... aren't all Fiero hoods the same?

Next!

On a Fiero, however, the hood sits about 1.5-2.0" higher than the bottom of the glass.

I'm still not sure if I follow you. Keeping that in mind, I seem to recall lots of cars (in the past anyway) where there was a "pocket" for the wipers to hide in when they were down/turned off. Doesn't that result in the same effect you're referring to? If so, looks fine to me.

Later today I'll snap some picks of my Dodge, my GMC and when it gets back, my mama's Jeep. There is a pocket for the wipers, yes. But they don't have the door glass down from the hood line, they're still in parralel. It's especially bad on the Fiero if one looks at the windshield as compared to the driver's and passenger's side.
Nexus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nexus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2011 at 1:51pm
Not sure what's going on with the images...let me change pc's and see if I can fix it!!
Charlie
84 SE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic