West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Buy / Sell » Bad Vendors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

West Coast Fiero

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: West Coast Fiero
    Posted: 07 April 2011 at 9:35am

As some of you may know, I had finally saved up enough to buy a set of Koni reds to replace the two completely dead rear shocks in Gretchin. Having looked around, I was flabbergasted to find that West Coast Fiero (The performance site) was actually the cheapest option. So, in January, I made an order for a set of them, and was told to wait about a month for shipping. Well, all of January went by, and a couple of weeks in to February. Slightly annoyed, I phoned in to see what was up.

I was told Koni was running in to hiccups shipping them over. Genuinly frustrated, but understanding, I said alright and went back to working on other things. A few more weeks passed and still no shocks. A touch worried, I phoned back again.

I was now told they were trying to establish a fair price between themselves and Koni. That's all well and good - except I had already paid for the shocks. Shocks which currently had no price to them what-so-ever. And of course, shocks which still weren't here. They said to phone back in a week to see what the results of the argument were.

Well, another seven days passed, and having by now memorized their damn phone number, I phoned back. What I had heard next terrorized me: "We're still in talks with Koni to reproduce the Koni Reds for the Fiero, you know, make a small batch for us."

I had put out $400... On a product... That doesn't even exist. More frustrating than the wait was the fact in three different phone calls, I had three different stories. At that point I finally said to hell with it, and cancelled my order. I am going down to pick up a set of Monroe's in the mean time as a stop gap while I look for another set of Koni's from somewhere else. Needless to say though, this was the first and last time I'm placing an order there though.

Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2011 at 4:26pm
I'm seeing this more and more with specialty shops.  They sell stuff they don't even have on the shelf!  Bad.  They should at least have one set there ready to go I think.

This is going to get worse as the US continues to dive economically, be careful.

More reason to support your local vendor if at all possible.  Even if their price is more.  If you have a problem, they're here in town.  You can go over there and pound on the counter in front of a live person.

I feel your pain.

The Dawg
You dream it up....I'll make it
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2011 at 6:36pm
Believe me, I would've loved to have bought locally, alas, no one 'round here had them, including Scott Road Struts & Shocks, my own shop, Lordco, NAPA et al. They just arn't available through the usual sources.
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2011 at 5:41am
What sucks too....  is you've now LOST money on the deal.  Since the US dollar has slumped since January (or the Canadian has been propped up, whichever way you view it), and the buy/sell rates on currency is different -- when you get your refund on your CC it'll be less than what you paid.  I'm assuming you paid by Visa or MC over the phone/net here.

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2011 at 3:34pm
I did too, and I never thought of that... Damn, now I'm angry(er). To be totally honest, it's not so much the money that annoys me though, it's the fact I could've been ordering elsewhere while waiting for them to finally 'fess up.
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 9:16pm

Not too beat a dead horse, but as I told the old guys today, I was shocked to find a $400 charge on my credit card from WestCoastFiero, which is the exact price of the suspension. Oddly, it was dated May 2nd... Whether they've finally acquired a set and shipped it without asking, or whether they just wanted to see if I'd notice, I don't know either way.

Blarg...

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 11:43pm

Originally posted by Romeo Romeo wrote:

...but as I told the old guys today

You wanna to keep your kneecaps for awhile?

2Doped View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 2Doped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 12:51am
Have you tried overseas auto? It's along 4th and they were
able to give me a quote on the rears, I can't remember but
it was reasonable. I went with Held's coilovers instead.
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 9:09am

Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

Pfffft. I'm less than half your age. Even if you could catch me (You couldn't) I'm pretty sure it'd be child-abuse... Or something.

Originally posted by 2Doped 2Doped wrote:

Have you tried overseas auto? It's along 4th and they were
able to give me a quote on the rears, I can't remember but
it was reasonable. I went with Held's coilovers instead.

Nah, haven't tried them. Already started on coilovers, just need to the Konis now. Did they have them there do you remember? And actually, come to think of it, I wont be able to buy another set until I get that $400 back.

Called a few times this morning, no answer yet.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 11:18am

Pfffft. I'm less than half your age. Even if you could catch me (You couldn't) I'm pretty sure it'd be child-abuse... Or something.

You think we'd chase you down and what, kick you in the knee? Don't forget that Johnny's Italian, and Clynt... well, he's Clynt. 

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 12:41pm

Clynt loves me. Haven't you seen his cuddly nature around me? And Johnny Boy is too happy to be a mobster. Hell, even if he did ever have to shoot you, he'd probably still make you feel good about it.

Bah, what a day for Shaw to be working outside. I have no home phone, and I am extremely leery of phoning long distance using my cell. As of yet, this still leaves me in the dark.

...The world is conspiring to assure that I have no idea what happened to my shock-money.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 12:48pm

I have no home phone, and I am extremely leery of phoning long distance using my cell. As of yet, this still leaves me in the dark.

...The world is conspiring to assure that I have no idea what happened to my shock-money.

Phone your credit card company, explain the situation, and have them reverse the charges.

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 12:57pm
Might let it go. Apparently I have a set of shocks due to arrive any day now, with all the urethane bushings thrown in as an apology. Still will be my last order, but I will save myself the headache of looking for another set of Konis this time.
2Doped View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 2Doped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 6:09pm
If I recall properly, they claimed that they could get it in 2 weeks time
for all 4. Supposedly they are an official koni distributor. Hopefully
everything works out for you! Like others have suggested contacting
your credit card company sooner is probably better than later!
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 6:11pm
Oh sweet. Well, I will need fronts eventually, now I know where to get them from!
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 6:14pm
Since it would seem that he now knows that they have been shipped (unless I mis-read what you said?), to call the CC company now and have them reverse the charges would be blatant fraud.

And if they were mailed...  well...  if you were in the states it would be a federal crime.  Not sure how that works cross border - but it CAN'T be a good thing.  :)

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 10:51pm

Originally posted by Dr.Fiero Dr.Fiero wrote:

Since it would seem that he now knows that they have been shipped (unless I mis-read what you said?), to call the CC company now and have them reverse the charges would be blatant fraud.

Let's look at some posts and dates...

Posted: 07 April 2011 at 9:35am

At that point I finally said to hell with it, and cancelled my order.

Posted: 19 May 2011 at 9:16pm

I was shocked to find a $400 charge on my credit card from WestCoastFiero, which is the exact price of the suspension. Oddly, it was dated May 2nd...

At what point would you say it's too little too late?

Tristan cancelled the order on April 7th. It's now May 20th, he still hasn't received anything (which is no surprise as he cancelled the order six weeks ago!), and suddenly finds this $400 charge on his credit card bill.

I would've asked the credit card company to reverse the charges, and if a package turns up two months after the order's been cancelled, I'd just refuse delivery.

How's that fraud? More like absolute incompetence on the part of West Coast Fiero.

Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 11:03pm
Yep - total incompetence on WCF's part!

Problem is -
"
Posted: May 20 2011 at 12:57pm |

. Apparently I have a set of shocks due to arrive any day now, with all the urethane bushings thrown in as an apology."

He knows they shipped it;  Guessing by the fact that he says any day now (so got tracking info?).

If the charge had shown up, and there was no explanation or notification, and he then called the CC place to say WTF is this charge all of a sudden...  no problem!!
Or worse, WCF calls to say 'do you want this still' and he says NO, and they charge anyhow.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 11:24pm

Originally posted by Dr.Fiero Dr.Fiero wrote:

Problem is -

Posted: May 20 2011 at 12:57pm |

"Apparently I have a set of shocks due to arrive any day now, with all the urethane bushings thrown in as an apology."

He knows they shipped it;  Guessing by the fact that he says any day now (so got tracking info?).

Oh sure, this information came to light after I had posted.

Posted: 20 May 2011 at 12:48pm

Phone your credit card company, explain the situation, and have them reverse the charges.

Yeah, I'd like to know as well whether Tristan got any tracking info. If they said it was shipped and it actually still hasn't been, well...

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 11:25pm
No tracking info. And the only reason I am even aware of the fact I have parts coming is because I phoned them up to ask why they'd charged me $400 approximately a month after I had already cancelled my order. What would they have done if I had already ordered another set? I would not have accepted that situation, for example. And realistically, it would've been fine. I would've simply refused to sign for them and told the bank to reverse the charges. As the current situation is acceptable (And only just, I just blew $1400 on truck parts a week ago, thinking I still had those hundreds) I will simply accept it, as it'll be easier this way. Still, not impressed that a charge of that magnitude was reinstated after explicitly cancelling the order a month ago.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic