West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Technical Topics Forum » Technical Questions and Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Transmission Work Required

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 3:54pm
Yes they were very nice.  I went over for a peek to check on the progress and the cables had just come in.

Manifolds? Heck I can just fix yours.  Assuming the leak is a crack of some sort.

If you are looking for ported units, I have non done at the moment but have several cores waiting to be done.  I also do "Y" pipes.  I cut away a ton of useless material inside where the two pipes come together.

PM me if you're interested.

Cheers,

Dawg

Originally posted by Bassman Bassman wrote:

and they advised I am missing a manifold bolt and have a leak on the firewall by the battery...kinda knew this and had plans for new header/manifolds...anyone have any to sell?

Let's hope she holds, and I wish pics were taken of these cables, they are sweat and well worth the investment.

You dream it up....I'll make it
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by Dawg Dawg wrote:

Yes they were very nice.  I went over for a peek to check on the progress and the cables had just come in.

Manifolds? Heck I can just fix yours.  Assuming the leak is a crack of some sort.

If you are looking for ported units, I have non done at the moment but have several cores waiting to be done.  I also do "Y" pipes.  I cut away a ton of useless material inside where the two pipes come together.

PM me if you're interested.

Cheers,

Dawg

and they advised I am missing a manifold bolt and have a leak on the firewall by the battery...kinda knew this and had plans for new header/manifolds...anyone have any to sell?

Let's hope she holds, and I wish pics were taken of these cables, they are sweat and well worth the investment.

I think he's going for a proper performance set, not just stock-replacement.

That's the impression I got, in any case.

Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 4:50pm

Car is back in the shop, has a leak after I asked and advised to check and replace all seals...you have it out, do it right...then they give me back the trans that was in that had nothing wrong all in pieces...not happy right now, another week, and I had to pay for overnight shipping for the cables and all...

This is why I would pay anyone from our club good moneyand have it sdone right:(

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 5:16pm

Damn...

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 8:48pm

Car is back in the shop, has a leak after I asked and advised to check and replace all seals...you have it out, do it right...then they give me back the trans that was in that had nothing wrong all in pieces...not happy right now, another week, and I had to pay for overnight shipping for the cables and all...

This is why I would pay anyone from our club good moneyand have it sdone right:(

Sorry to hear that brother.
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 9:00pm

I then called after I was checking out my trans given back to me in pieces wondering...if this one had no problems, why is it given back to me as is and not whole especailly they didn't swap any parts...

I called the shop shop and for 1.5 hours of labour @ $125/hr, they can put it back together, so more money...and I called also saying parts were missing, oh ya we'll have it here for ya...on my forth R&C:)...

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 11:16pm
Well, if there is one bright side, you now know where not to take your car from now on...
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2011 at 7:43am

It's not that Tris...but if a customer comes and pick up their car, and you had the exhaust off, etc. and notice a $2.00 header bolt was missing, would not have done so for the customer?.

The trans left in pieces I am not sure...to inspect for problems would taking it appart be required?...and if it is alright, is it better just to keep it in parts in a tub in case anything is required down the road, or pay almost another $200 to have it whole again...?

I have SEVERAL R&C's last night, a little rough this morning...not sure I'll make the drive out Colby, hope everythig goes well

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2011 at 7:54am

...but if a customer comes and pick up their car, and you had the exhaust off, etc. and notice a $2.00 header bolt was missing, would not have done so for the customer?

I wonder if it's just "missing" or whether it's broken off in the head? Fixing that up when the cradle is lowered would certainly make the job a whole lot easier.

Hey Brian, if the sun makes an appearance, come out and visit us at Colby's. We'd all like to see you! I'll be picking up Tristan at 9 AM before heading off to the valley.

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2011 at 8:17am

I really wanted to make the trip out, but taking Kerstin to her exam, her last day for the course she was taking, then picking her up at 12pm and have an appointment to help her sister with her open house sale today...today's time has been used up quicker than expected...maybe on your way back you guys can stop by for a beer?...cold ones in the fridge

Well as Dawg reminded for the manifold to be careful taking the bolts off, they jsut did so they broke them loose, but could have easily put a new one in especially with LORDCO main shop is 2 blocks away...I'll wait and put in new ones with new manifolds...

If something changes I'll call Colby's cell since you boyz don't have a phone to call...or call mine at 778-836-4806, don't have Tris's if he has one.

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2011 at 8:31am

...maybe on your way back you guys can stop by for a beer?...cold ones in the fridge

If we can't stop by we'll take a raincheck on that, thanks.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2011 at 8:41am

Alright, I'm leaving. I hope Tristan's out of bed!

karnak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote karnak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2011 at 9:10am
Me too... Colby.. wake up. (Poke) LOL
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2011 at 12:54am
Just got back. Long day, but good day. I'm pooped... going to bed.  
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2011 at 6:00am
Although it's possible....  I can't imagine a single bolt breaking, seeing as we had the whole engine apart only what....  8 years ago?  Maybe a crossover pipe bolt, but not one in the head (quick, where's some wood to knock on).

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2011 at 7:24am

Time gone by that fast?...lol...install new bolts with the manifold once I decide which ones.

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2011 at 12:04pm

The trans left in pieces I am not sure...to inspect for problems would taking it appart be required?...and if it is alright, is it better just to keep it in parts in a tub in case anything is required down the road, or pay almost another $200 to have it whole again...?

Hey all, I assume it would be fine to leave this in the parts in a tub, will be easier I guess if parts are required or should I get this thing put back together?

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2011 at 12:21pm

My opinion is that it's not worth it to pay $200 to have a "spare" tranny put back together. I suspect you could buy a perfectly good used one (the same type) for less than that amount.

I'd just save the parts in the tub for now (and never set foot in that shop again after you get your GT back).

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2011 at 1:09pm
Agreed...
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2011 at 9:04pm

Well car is ready and I may bring it out Saturday...Kerstin is coming and I really wanted to try those R-comps I have for the Mazda3, and be able to bring the Canopy, chairs, etc...tossed

Update once I pick it up...be nice to show the cables if anyone is interested, they are nice.

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic