West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Technical Topics Forum » Build Threads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RBS in-limbo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 24252627>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote redwilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2016 at 3:36pm
Keep up the good work.
Looking forward to seeing it in spring
Redwilley      Maureen
redwilley
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2016 at 10:37am
Had to unbolt rocker panels Big smile doing a bit of tweaking and finishing the back sides Embarrassed

Originally posted by redwilley redwilley wrote:

Keep up the good work.
Looking forward to seeing it in spring
Redwilley      Maureen

Great to hear from you Maureen TongueTongue I thought I was home alone here Ermm but there's some action now
Smile so I made another deadline Shocked RBSII will be running by June !
Johnny-B-Good

beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2016 at 12:35pm
Hopefully on time for the PPPCC All Pontiac Show n Shine or Arlington ?       

..Fiero Fest is on the same weekend as the PPPCC Show n Shine.   So FieroFest might be a stretch also. 

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2016 at 4:42pm
Today we got first snow fall, but I still made progress with her.
Welded front brackets to bolt on rocker panels (back brackets are on long time ago).

That was fun

Originally posted by beken beken wrote:

Hopefully on time for the PPPCC All Pontiac Show n Shine or Arlington ?       

..Fiero Fest is on the same weekend as the PPPCC Show n Shine.   So FieroFest might be a stretch also. 

Then it's not enough time, she'll be done late June Cry Isn't FieroFest in August ?

Johnny-B-Good

beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2016 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by Car-2-Lo Car-2-Lo wrote:

Then it's not enough time, she'll be done late June Cry Isn't FieroFest in August ?

They bumped it up to June but I think they got a negative response on that so they might still move it back to August.  I sent them a note saying the June date conflicts with other June events so we will have to wait and see.   

There will those Weissach Motors cars and coffee events, I think RBS would definitely show up those overpriced Lambos and Ferraris.  during the summer months.  So I will try and keep events posted on this forum. 

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2016 at 11:55pm

Originally posted by Car-2-Lo Car-2-Lo wrote:

They bumped it up to June but I think they got a negative response on that so they might still move it back to August.  I sent them a note saying the June date conflicts with other June events so we will have to wait and see.   

There will those Weissach Motors cars and coffee events, I think RBS would definitely show up those overpriced Lambos and Ferraris.  during the summer months.  So I will try and keep events posted on this forum. 

Thanks Ken for the infoClap we'll have to hook up on those summer shows Embarrassed in the mean time
after Christmas and news years is all over we should meet at Krispy Kreme with Jim too ?

Johnny-B-Good

beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 1:02pm
I think that will be great.  I can do Krispy kreme.   

January might be difficult though.  Just found out I will be doing some business trips out of town in January.   

My job description is a-changing.  

Cry  

Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2017 at 12:05pm
Many changes on RBSII, an update revised sketch for now...

Johnny-B-Good

redwilley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote redwilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2017 at 12:27pm
NICE !!!!
redwilley
Jim85GT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jim85GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2017 at 6:59pm
Hi John, the new picture is the best yet.
I really like the lines from the front to the back.Star
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2017 at 2:34pm
Not sure what we can do to help, but I think we should make a club event of it to help Jonny finish the build on time for the PPPCC show n shine. 

What do you say?   Can you come of with a worklist for us to volunteer and help get it done? 

Even if unpainted, I think the car will awesome in the show. 

Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2017 at 8:55pm

Not sure what we can do to help, but I think we should make a club event of it to help Jonny finish the build on time for the PPPCC show n shine. 

What do you say?   Can you come of with a worklist for us to volunteer and help get it done? 

Even if unpainted, I think the car will awesome in the show. 

Thanks Maureen and Jim for the nice complements Embarrassed I just got over a cold and feeling better now.
Yesterday started to work again on RBSII.

Thanks Ken for the great idea for a club event to help out and get her ready for PPPCC.
Maybe we can do that sometime in April or May, Blair is going to wire up the lights and RBS will just 
be finished in black primer for the time ?

Thanks again TongueClap
Johnny-B-Good

ARTIC-1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ARTIC-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2017 at 8:27pm
Did you mention Paint Johnny,that means you are getting close,hope to see you out in the -RBS this year.and all of
You at some events.just took a look at our 87 Artic Fiero today an she fared good over the cold snap,no damage.
See you all soon,
Cheers

SNOW MAN

87-GT/AUTO-2.8_ WHITE

88-TTop/ Duke-2.5. RED
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2017 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by ARTIC-1 ARTIC-1 wrote:

Did you mention Paint Johnny,that means you are getting close,hope to see you out in the -RBS this year.and all of
You at some events.just took a look at our 87 Artic Fiero today an she fared good over the cold snap,no damage.
See you all soon,
Cheers

Thanks Joe, not to close yet, but she'll be on the road late June just in black primerBig smile

Today I installed C7 Corvette headlights sand C7 side markers

Johnny-B-Good

ARTIC-1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ARTIC-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2017 at 7:45am
Wow that looks so good Johnny.It takes a Master artist to do work like that.hope it all works out the way you wanted.
It sure looks like it.will have to pop by an have a see you some time soon.
SNOW MAN

87-GT/AUTO-2.8_ WHITE

88-TTop/ Duke-2.5. RED
D_sensitized View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote D_sensitized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2017 at 5:46pm
Awesome work, looking forward to seeing it in person sometime. There's a lot of talent put into that car.
-Harrison
88GT 3800 SC1 F23 5-speed
Chilliwack
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2017 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by D_sensitized D_sensitized wrote:

Awesome work, looking forward to seeing it in person sometime. There's a lot of talent put into that car.

Thanks, I'm going to have a party for all my friends when she's finishedSmile

Installed rocker panels back on, front is roughed in and primed...

Top view...

Johnny-B-Good

Jim85GT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jim85GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2017 at 10:12pm
Hi John, the Beast is looking GREAT.

The hood and Front end are really sharp.

Hopefully the club can get together soon and see what you need to finish up the car for the summer.

Nice to see the huge progress.  WOW

Jim
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2017 at 6:10am
The front end SO needs some DC linear actuators under it! Can't be just grabbing the edge and lifting it up!  That's so.... manual....  ha ha.

Tap button, front end silently and gracefully lifts up into place. Tap again, it slips back down.  Big smile
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2017 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by Dr.Fiero Dr.Fiero wrote:

The front end SO needs some DC linear actuators under it! Can't be just grabbing the edge and lifting it up!  That's so.... manual....  ha ha.

Tap button, front end silently and gracefully lifts up into place. Tap again, it slips back down.  Big smile

Thanks, that was always on my mind, maybe add actuators later on some time in summer? Wink

A little update, redesigned rocker panel scoops...

Johnny-B-Good

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 24252627>
  Share Topic