West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Meetings, and Events Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Chilliwack Run

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chilliwack Run
    Posted: 03 August 2011 at 11:53am
Lets talk about the Chilliwack Run shall we?

It's on Saturday Aug 20th.  I'm thinking a 10:00AM departure from our favorite McDonalds in Burnaby on Willingdon.

We're still working out the fine details but basically it's a leisurely run down the Freeway to Chilliwack.  Maybe some country side streets just to make it fun.  Then a few hours touring the Military museum which has tons of iron on show.  Then some will be heading to Pick-A-Part to look for goodies.  The rest can head back together.

Now if there is interest, the pickers could leave for the bone yard once we all get to the Museum.  They could spend an hour or two digging for Gold and be back in time to enjoy some museum with the rest of us before we head home together.

Thoughts?

Harrison has been to this Museum so I will let him tell us all bout the neat stuff inside.

The Dawg
You dream it up....I'll make it
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2011 at 4:52pm

Damien, weren't we going to try moving the date of the Chilliwack run due to the conflict with those of us who will be autocrossing with the Corvette Club on the 27th?

Now don't change things to suit just me, but I'll also mention I probably can't go on the 14th or 20th either.

Can we do it on Sunday, the 28th?

Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2011 at 5:06pm
I think at one of the meetings we agreed to move it to the weekend before. I have it marked as August 20th on my calendar.

There is the UBCSCC team enduro autocross on the 28th which I'd like to go to.
88 Formula 5 speed

Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2011 at 5:23pm
88 Formula 5 speed

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2011 at 5:37pm

Originally posted by Cheese Cheese wrote:

There is the UBCSCC team enduro autocross on the 28th which I'd like to go to.

I wonder if Saturday the 13th would work then. On our return from Chilliwack we could proceed to the club's meeting.

D_sensitized View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote D_sensitized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2011 at 8:12pm
We did agree that we would move this event to the 20th. That's what I
had marked down and talked to the museum about.

The museum has a lot of military vehicles, tons of uniforms, weapons,
equipment and the like. All the vehicles run and drive, including both
tanks and the selection is always changing as stuff comes out of
storage or is used in displays elsewhere.

Admission is by donation of 5$ per person as well.
-Harrison
88GT 3800 SC1 F23 5-speed
Chilliwack
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2011 at 8:29pm

Originally posted by D_sensitized D_sensitized wrote:

We did agree that we would move this event to the 20th. That's what I had marked down and talked to the museum about.

Fair enough, the 20th it is.

Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2011 at 12:45am
Ok, all has been edited to reflect the changes.  I also remember the discussion but it didn't register....:)

I'll be uploading a map soon.

The Dawg
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2011 at 9:53pm
Ok peeps, lets have a show of hands.  We're one week away from this event.

It has been suggested that we could make a side run out to Chilliwack Lake before doing the Museum.  I have been to this lake many times and it's a fantastic view.  The lake itself is this beautiful Emerald color.

The road is fairly curvy and all paved now.  It would add a little over an hour of travel time to the run.

Pick a part seems to be a dead horse, so maybe the lake addition can fill in some time.

Thoughts?

The Dawg
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2011 at 10:13pm

Here's the name of the coffee shop that might be worthwhile to check out while in Chilliwack... I Fly For Pie

Admin Group
Admin Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote D_sensitized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2011 at 11:02pm
I'm in, but unless I get my car sorted out, I will need a ride from
someone.
-Harrison
Chilliwack
Admin Group
Admin Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote D_sensitized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2011 at 12:03pm
So who is all coming?
I may have fixed my Fiero but still need to take it fr a longer test drive,
so I may not need a ride.
-Harrison
Chilliwack
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2011 at 1:10pm
Michelle is working that day so I'm inclined to go either way even if I'm by myself.  Summer is finally here and I'm determined to not waste a single sunny day.

So you're welcome to join me.

I'm adding the Lake portion also cause it's the right thing to do.

The Dawg
Admin Group
Admin Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote D_sensitized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2011 at 12:52pm
Tonight I will take my Fiero for a longer test drive so I should know for
sure if it's fixed or not. Otherwise, if you don't mind giving me a ride it
would be appreciated.
-Harrison
Chilliwack
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2011 at 1:40pm
You bet. Let me know.

Dawg
ARTIC-1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ARTIC-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2011 at 4:24pm
Chilliwack Air show,its-FREE this weekend allso.

SNOW MAN

87-GT/AUTO-2.8_ WHITE

88-TTop/ Duke-2.5. RED
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2011 at 7:18am
Have Fun All...and thanks Dawg & John for your help last night...mom is really happy having her first meal this morning...lol
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
redwilley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote redwilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2011 at 12:26pm

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CHILLIWACK RUN???????????????

WAITED ON THE SIDE OF THE FREEWAY FOR 1HR WATCHING AND TALKING OVER #20 FOR YOU.  THIS OUTING WAS ALMOST AS MUCH FUN AS I HAD AT THE CHOCOLATE RUN IN FEB. WHEN I WAITED 2HRS FOR EVERYONE TO SHOW UP.  NOTHING NOTED AS CANCELED ON FORUM BEFORE I LEFT.  IF YOU DID GET AWAY AND I MISSED YOU I SURE HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD TIME.

SEE YOU AT THE NEXT MEETING

redwilley

redwilley
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2011 at 6:35pm
The run did happen as a matter of fact, I am sorry we didn't hook up.  It was a lovely ride.

I've been thinking about this idea of picking people up on the way to destinations.  It's not a good idea for this very reason.  I personally have too many things on my mind on run day to remember who's going to be where while we ride.

In the end, we left about a half hour late. We got on the freeway and it was a bloody parking lot.  My car finally started over heating so I steered the group off track to avoid the traffic.

I totally forgot about you Maureen, please accept my apology.  It would have been great to ride with you.

In the future, maybe we should post a contact number so people like yourself can find out what is going on.

The Dawg

Originally posted by redwilley redwilley wrote:

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CHILLIWACK RUN???????????????

Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2011 at 1:56am
As mentioned above, the run was a blast!  Things got off to a slow start with VERY heavy Freeway traffic but then went smoothly the rest of the day.

Tim, Austin+1, Harrison and I ended up going all the way to Chilliwack Lake before visiting the Military Museum.  The weather was fabulous.  The road up to the lake was in good shape and gave us the oppotunity to stretch our "legs".....:) 

I loved the museum.  Harrison's Father was a great host.  He knows a ton about Canadian military vehicles.  Thanks Harrison, great idea.  And don't forget to say thank you to your Dad.

Here are a few pics I took.  Just look at that lake!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic