West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Meetings, and Events Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

September Wrap Up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: September Wrap Up
    Posted: 11 September 2011 at 2:06pm

Apologies for the significant delay, I was really tired last night, and just woke up today.

Anyways, Patrick picked me up at 5:00(ish) and we made our way over to the meeting, unburdened by traffic of any kind. We made our way in to the parking lot, meeting two other Fieros. We must've just missed the Langley Cruise-In, as within seconds of us arriving, Fieros came out en masse filling up the lot in no time. A Cadillac STS and BMW X3 also arrived carrying WCF cargo in the form of Harrison, Johnny Boy and Clynt.

As Maureen and David began recalling all the events of the Cruise-In earlier that day, other members congregated together to discuss other affairs, such as Brian's awful parking job.

Of course, after quite a while of this, we made our way inside the restaurant. The meeting was a large gathering, with members lining the room corner to corner. With a long time of useless chit-chat from the parking lot fresh in mind, the club did the only logical thing and carried on doing so inside. Eventually, the draws were held by David, with the dinner draw being won by himself (RIGGED!), and a couple of the prizes donated by Ken being carnivorously snatched up by Harrison and I (Thank you again, Ken!)

Following that, the club discussion commenced in its official role, starting with Patrick and Johnny Boy's (Sort've) wheel spacers, with the two gentlemen taking up opposing views on their opinion of them (The former quite liking them, and the latter expressing concern about their durability). We also passed around and eyed up the lovely trophy and plaque we had (With the big trophy courtesy of Ken, and his wonderfully stock '85). The club then brought up the Iona Park run today, which was ultimately shot down due simply to a lack of warning, and thus, attendance. Mauree also brought up a problem which has plagued our runs many times before: Changing plans without alerting the entirety of the club, leaving many members stranded and isolated. Ken suggested simply following the plans to the letter, with no "last-minute corrections" in place to isolate anyone who wouldn't be there to hear. Finally, I brought up the fact that Dan Watt has a Corvette Rack conversion for the Fiero available, a fact which seem to elicit interest from David, Johnny and especially Brian.

We ended by deciding to head down to the remnents of the Cruise-In, where Maureen, David, Patrick, Harrison, Arun, Lisa, Ryan and I decided it would be worth the commute despite being largely finished by now. After getting lost a couple of times, we ended up at the one corner, where we stayed for quite a while. One by one, we slowly trickled away, although we also gained a member (Manny, in his blue fastback) at one point. Eventually, with all other members gone, Patrick decided it was time to head off as well. I got home around 10:15 and decided that the write-up could wait until today. You know, to build suspense.

Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2011 at 3:47pm

... Patrick makes mental note to self ... Do not take HWY 1 back home to Vancouver after a club meeting again until all the damn road work is done!

Seriously though, I think taking whatever route is required to go over the Pattullo Bridge would be a HECK of a lot faster trip back to Vancouver than heading towards the Port Mann Bridge.

It took a long time to get home last night. We left downtown Langley around 10:10, I dropped off Tristan at his place in New West (near the Brunette exit), and I didn't get home until after 11:30.

Originally posted by Romeo Romeo wrote:

I got home around 10:15...

Not a chance. We left Langley at 10:10, and even with NO traffic, the Mighty Duke can't make it to New West that quickly.

redwilley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote redwilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2011 at 6:50pm

Has the club ever entered into Langley cruising before?  Might be something to talk about at a meeting and start planning for next year. Could be alot of fun. Also next year maybe we could have our meeting a day earlier being the friday and attend the cruising night.  What's your thoughts????????????

redwilley     Maureen'

redwilley
D_sensitized View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote D_sensitized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2011 at 9:40pm
I was thinking of putting my fiero into the cruise in this year, but I didn't get it put back together in time, and it was still broken anyway.
I would be up for doing that as a club providing I have a working fiero at the right time.

Also, it was not an STS, but the less door-burdened Eldorado
-Harrison
88GT 3800 SC1 F23 5-speed
Chilliwack
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2011 at 9:58pm
Blair was there in 07 with his 3800SC Notchie Next year we should all be there

EDIT: BMW is a X5, not X3   , also update the front page with this meeting wrap up

Johnny-B-Good

Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2011 at 11:30pm
I'm hearing some serious chatter here...:)

I personally think we should spend some time listing all the good car
shows and cruises in town. Maybe not official club events really but
a way for us to know who is going to be where.

I think it is important to give our cars and our club more exposure.
What better way than a "car show".

I hear the New West show is great also.

Everybody chime in with ideas and I will record it all.

Dawg
You dream it up....I'll make it
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2011 at 11:31pm
Ooops....maybe I should start a new thread.

Dawg
You dream it up....I'll make it
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2011 at 12:54am
Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

... Patrick makes mental note to self ... Do not take HWY 1 back home to Vancouver after a club meeting again until all the damn road work is done!

Seriously though, I think taking whatever route is required to go over the Pattullo Bridge would be a HECK of a lot faster trip back to Vancouver than heading towards the Port Mann Bridge.

It took a long time to get home last night. We left downtown Langley around 10:10, I dropped off Tristan at his place in New West (near the Brunette exit), and I didn't get home until after 11:30.

Originally posted by Romeo Romeo wrote:

I got home around 10:15...

Not a chance. We left Langley at 10:10, and even with NO traffic, the Mighty Duke can't make it to New West that quickly.

Oh yeah, I meant that other one... The one with the extra '1' in it.

11:15. lol

To Harrison: My apologies, always thought it was an STS. Should've looked closer I suppose.

To Damien: The show in New West is phenominal. There's been a few Fieros in it before, they always tend to garner attention for the same reason a Sunbeam Tiger does: They're so different that they provide contrast to all the muscle cars and hot rods.

Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2011 at 11:00am
Since we have more MODERATORS than members, can you guys update the front page to Sept. WRAP UP !
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2011 at 11:18am

Originally posted by Car-2-Lo Car-2-Lo wrote:

Since we have more MODERATORS than members, can you guys update the front page to Sept. WRAP UP !

You're a month late, Johnny. That write-up is from July!

I'd like to change it, but I only have the title of "moderator" here. I've never actually been given any moderator powers to slice and dice.

beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2011 at 1:53pm
Good write up, Tristan. Ever consider a career in journalism or writing? Even blogger.

Only downside of careers is you still need to be just as upbeat and imaginative in your writing even when you're not in the mood for it.

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
Graeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2011 at 9:19pm
Done. You have to post in this thread to get it to show up on the home page automatically:

http://www.westcoastfieros.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=84& amp;PN=1

It's a sticky and closed so that anybody other than moderators or admins can't accidentally post in it.

Feel free to practice by unlocking the thread, deleting my post and reposting Tristan. Patrick should be able to do it too.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2011 at 10:20pm

Originally posted by Graeme Graeme wrote:

Patrick should be able to do it too.

It's possible I "should" be able to do it, but I've never been able to do whatever it is that a moderator does here.

I am a "moderator" in name only. I have NO moderator powers.

Graeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2011 at 11:00pm
Can you take a screenshot of this page with somebody else's post in it. You should be able to see the "delete" button or "move" button. At the top of that thread you should see an "admin" button which allows you to open the thread and then close it back up. If not, let me know.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2011 at 11:15pm

I've heard of those buttons (from Dave and Tristan), but have never seen them... none of them... ever.

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2011 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by beken beken wrote:

Good write up, Tristan. Ever consider a career in journalism or writing? Even blogger.

Only downside of careers is you still need to be just as upbeat and imaginative in your writing even when you're not in the mood for it.

Aw, thanks buddy. My teacher at BCIT had suggested I go in to automotive journalism, but to be totally honest, I have absolutely no idea on how to break in to such an industry. I was so enamoured by cars growing up, my focus fell exclusively on hot rod shops and automotive design. Never had the foresight to consider other jobs within the industry, journalism being one.
Graeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2011 at 11:21pm
Patrick, weird. I'll have to look into that.

Tristan, start a blog. Link to it in your signature on any forum you are on, refer to it when posting info on forums etc etc. That's the starting point I think.
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2011 at 11:26pm

Patrick, weird. I'll have to look into that.

Tristan, start a blog. Link to it in your signature on any forum you are on, refer to it when posting info on forums etc etc. That's the starting point I think.

Hehe, once again another embarassing tidbit, never written a blog. Give me a few days to look up on what the hell I should be doing.
Graeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2011 at 11:40pm
Very easy to do. I can explain it in about 5 mins.

Essentially you can go and create a free blog here: https://en.wordpress.com/signup/

Or create your own through your own URL/Website (which I recommend even more for identity purposes (logo, domain name etc). From there you just start posting stuff almost the exact same as you are on this forum.

You are a good writer and quite knowledgeable with cars, it would be a good idea to start now. In a year or so you would have a sizable cache of info that other sites would be referring to and from there you can monetize, grow, start a sister blog and so on and so forth. Options are endless and limitless as far as I'm concerned. Some people make 10's of thousands per month just from a blog...
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2011 at 11:46pm

Some people make 10's of thousands per month just from a blog...

Are you serious? People get paid for writing blogs?

Where does the money come from, ads?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic