Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Meetings, and Events Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Harrison Run - Sat Oct 22

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2011 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by beken beken wrote:

Originally posted by Capt Fiero Capt Fiero wrote:

I will be back in town, however we are having Arianna's 2nd Birthday party on the 22nd.  So I won't be able to attend.

I am really glad to see everyone pulling together for the event though.

Party to crash after the run?   

Sure, that would be fun.  The party is obviously open to all Club members, as the Fiero Club is actually a pretty big part of her life.   Just give me a holler on my cell when you guys clear the Abby/Mission area.     (Side Note, When we come back via the Lougheed, the group usually splits off at Abby Mission Highway, because as mentioned the Lougheed From Mission to Burnaby sucks donkey balls)   I think just about everyone knows where I live.   

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2011 at 9:56pm

Originally posted by Capt Fiero Capt Fiero wrote:

..the Lougheed From Mission to Burnaby sucks donkey balls

Actually, Mission to Maple Ridge is fine, but yeah, Maple Ridge and west of there on the Lougheed Hwy is just one stop light after another.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2011 at 4:07pm

Okay gang, it's already Thursday. Our trek to Harrison is now less than two days away.

Let's not wait until the last minute before we finalize this and see who's going.  

Although people have posted back on page one, plans can change, so let's get an update.

Damien, Michelle, Maureen, Ken, Robin, Snow Man, Rob, Colby... What's the word?

Anne and I plan to be driving to Harrison (and making use of the hot springs).

Who else is going? Please post below.

ARTIC-1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ARTIC-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2011 at 6:38pm
Snow Man is there,iam the sasquatch cousin! LOL looks like rain  but you never know!,could turn sunny!looking forward to meeting everyone.
CHEERS
SNOW MAN

87-GT/AUTO-2.8_ WHITE

88-TTop/ Duke-2.5. RED
Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2011 at 8:46pm
Don't quite have the car back together yet (but we're close!), so I won't be going.
88 Formula 5 speed

karnak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote karnak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2011 at 9:50pm
2M4 Colby?
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2011 at 11:16pm
I've posted confirmation on page 1. Posting again on page 2 to satisfy Patrick's curiosity.   

See you at McDonalds.   

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
Boxin' Robin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Boxin' Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2011 at 9:25am
My apology once again, gentlemen...I won't be going. We were just there on the Thanksgiving Sunday (awesome drive on empty highway averaging about 140-150!). And I just don't fancy going there again in pouring rain .
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2011 at 11:09am

Originally posted by Boxin' Robin Boxin' Robin wrote:

I just don't fancy going there again in pouring rain.

And this is precisely why I was anxious to get some up to date feedback from everyone.

redwilley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote redwilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2011 at 6:45pm

Plan on tagging on to the gang around langley area. will be on side of road watching for you.  Please call when leaving Mac Donalds.   Will PM Dawg my cel #

redwilley       Maureen

redwilley
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2011 at 9:13pm

I've been trying all week to contact friends of mine in Mission as I wanted to drop something off there on the way back from Harrison. You know, combine two trips into one. I haven't been able to make contact. I give up.

Combine that with the wet weather and I think I'd probably enjoy a cruise/visit to Harrison more on a dry day.

I'm out.

beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2011 at 11:26pm
Starting to sound like just me and Dawg driving to meet with Redwilley in Langley to Harrison.

Nobody else?

See you at McDonalds 9:00am.

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
redwilley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote redwilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2011 at 8:09am
I'm guessing the run is off???????
redwilley
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2011 at 8:22am
Michelle and I will be at the McDonald's in case crazy people show
up....:)
You dream it up....I'll make it
redwilley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote redwilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2011 at 8:39am

Call or post when final decision made.

Thank-you

redwilley  Maureen

redwilley
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2011 at 4:47pm
Those of you who bailed out at the last minute, it was raining pretty hard in the morning, but by the time we got going, it was sunny!

Special thanks to Damien (aka DAWG) for organizing and leading this drive.
The drive was attended by Damien and Michelle, Maureen (aka Redwilley) and Joe (Arctic-1) and me.

No major breakdowns, tickets, or any other mishaps, with the exception of DAWG throwing a wiper blade off his car on the highway. Thank-you Redwilley for having a spare set of blades in her car.

I was just thinking the airfoil on my wiper blade was working it's way loose on the highway, but didn't look like it would fly off when I suddenly heard a thud on the side of my car.   That was right before Dawg came on the radio and said "I lost a wiper blade".   

More pictures to follow.

ARTIC-1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ARTIC-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2011 at 6:06pm
Was so nice to meet you all,had a short visit but was great! got lots of pics to post,and will try to make it to a meeting soon.

I see there a little large!!,ill fix that.
cheers
SNOW MAN

87-GT/AUTO-2.8_ WHITE

88-TTop/ Duke-2.5. RED
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2011 at 10:36pm
In the end, it really was a nice mellow cruise to a beautiful place.
Michelle and I really enjoyed the hot spring. The mineral bath is
always refreshing.

Great to meet you Joe. Just love that mint car of yours. Really nice.

Thanks for the good company you three...:)

Dawg
You dream it up....I'll make it
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2011 at 11:38pm
One more group shot.

beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2011 at 11:41pm
I noticed Joe had to wait for the big monster truck to leave before he could
pull in for the group shot.   

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic