West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Meetings, and Events Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Harrison Run - Sat Oct 22

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Harrison Run - Sat Oct 22
    Posted: 25 September 2011 at 3:55pm
It's time to talk about the Harrison Run.

It looks like it's a go.  This is a fairly long run so I'm going to suggest a 9:00 am start at the McDonalds on Willingdon at the Freeway.  Lets try and get going on time so be there early enough to get a bite to eat.

We will be taking the Freeway to the Agassiz bridge then crossing over before heading into Harrison.  If the weather is nice we can hang out on the beach for a while.  Michelle and I know a great place to eat.  If the weather is not so good I suggest we take a dip in the public hot spring.  VERY relaxing. It costs $9.00 to get in.

I figure we should aim for home around 2:00 pm.

See you there!

Dawg
You dream it up....I'll make it
redwilley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote redwilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2011 at 5:05pm

Count me in.   Oct 22 ? (Weather permiting)   When route has been finalized, could we please have a hook up spot for us in the valley and a contact # as you suggested in case of last minute changes.

Thank-you     Dawg

redwilley   Maureen

redwilley
Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2011 at 5:32pm
If I have my Formula back together by then I'll go. Sounds like it would be a fun way to break in the engine.
88 Formula 5 speed

Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2011 at 12:27am
Maureen, I will PM you my cel#.  Anyone else wanting this number please say so here and I'll PM you also.  This number is for last minute questions leading up to the run.  I can't say whether I will answer my phone while driving.

As for a second or maybe third meet up, I hesitate to commit to it frankly.  If I say "sure Maureen no problem", then what about Colby and on and on.  Before you know it, we spend all morning pulling over picking people up.  That's not a huge deal I suppose, but then I or whoever is responsible for organizing forgets one person and there is hard feelings.  Nobody wants this.  I still feel bad about forgetting you that day.  No fun for you, no fun for me.

You may think it's out of your way but you'll be pulling off early on our way back.  So in the end, you'll be traveling the same distance as the rest of us.

So here it is folks.  The only way to be 100% sure you hook up with the rest of us is to be at the starting place.  If you want to try and find us on the way, no problem, but please don't be upset with the run leader or anyone else if something should happen.

As always, channel 20 on the GRS radios.

Dawg
Boxin' Robin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Boxin' Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2011 at 3:35pm
It is about a month from now. But as far as I know, you can count me in
ARTIC-1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ARTIC-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2011 at 4:14pm
Harrison Hot springs,out here in the valley,iam in.let me know when an ill get a permit for the GT that day.Better yet ill see if i can get Reserved beach front parking for everyone.i need to no the number of cars that will be here.
SNOW MAN

87-GT/AUTO-2.8_ WHITE

88-TTop/ Duke-2.5. RED
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2011 at 7:52pm

Originally posted by ARTIC-1 ARTIC-1 wrote:

Harrison Hot springs, out here in the valley, iam in. let me know when an ill get a permit for the GT that day. Better yet ill see if i can get Reserved beach front parking for everyone. i need to no the number of cars that will be here.

Hey, an opportunity to possibly meet the mysterious (or maybe I should say "abominable") SNOW MAN. I may have to go on this run now!

Originally posted by Cheese Cheese wrote:

If I have my Formula back together by then I'll go. Sounds like it would be a fun way to break in the engine.

Colby, we don't want to hear the words "engine" and "break" used in the same sentence anymore.

beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2011 at 2:05pm
It's arranged on my calendar.   I'm in.

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
ARTIC-1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ARTIC-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2011 at 5:15pm
Harrison is nice this time of year.

SNOW MAN

87-GT/AUTO-2.8_ WHITE

88-TTop/ Duke-2.5. RED

Post Options Post Options   Quote Boxin' Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2011 at 12:37pm
Man if the weather is gonna turn out to be nice like the above picture, I'm really gonna have to make it to this run now!
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2011 at 2:15pm
Ok...this sounds like a winner to me....:)  In the next few days I will get the details for the public hot spring and hopefully the little cafe Michelle and I love.  Good food, good prices and pleasant staff.

Check the first message in this thread for details as I update them.

Dawg
Rob N. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rob N. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2011 at 2:21pm
 I'm still working on the Blue GT rear suspension, but as we get closer to Oct 22 it might be fixed.  Of course my Alt is also fried...
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2011 at 1:11pm
The suggestion has been made that we return via Lougheed Hwy
instead of the freeway. That part of the Lougheed is a wonderful
ride. It would add a bit of time to the run, but worth it I think.

What do you all think?
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2011 at 3:42pm

The Lougheed Hwy is great once you're east of Maple Ridge, but not so great west of there due to all the stop lights. However, it's definitely a route worthwhile taking either going to Harrison or coming back.

Here's some info on the Hot Springs themselves...

Post Options Post Options   Quote Boxin' Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2011 at 9:03am
So...what's the status of this run?
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2011 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Boxin' Robin Boxin' Robin wrote:

So...what's the status of this run?

I'm still going. Rain or shine. If nobody else shows up, I'll still do the run by myself.

Though I likely will not be jumping in the pool.   

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2011 at 7:01pm

Anne and I plan to go and we definitely want to test out the hot springs!

No, we're not bringing the hound on this run.

Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2011 at 9:01pm
Still a go.

We're tubbing it also.

Dawg
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2011 at 9:33am

I will be back in town, however we are having Arianna's 2nd Birthday party on the 22nd.  So I won't be able to attend.

I am really glad to see everyone pulling together for the event though.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2011 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Capt Fiero Capt Fiero wrote:

I will be back in town, however we are having Arianna's 2nd Birthday party on the 22nd.  So I won't be able to attend.

I am really glad to see everyone pulling together for the event though.

Party to crash after the run?   

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic