West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » General Fiero Chat » Members Rides
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mike’s 88 2M4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote mrh1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mike’s 88 2M4
    Posted: 22 February 2012 at 7:45pm
I purchased an 88 2M4 in need of some love on Sun, Feb 19, 2012. Been dreaming of this day since I fell in love with them in the mid 90's. Plans are to clean it up, GT facias, and eventually a turbo'd Ecotec swap I think. Working on sizing current pics for web so they will follow soon. Looking forward to joining you guys at a meet and checking out all your cars!
Proud new member and owner of my first Fiero.
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2012 at 3:21am
Now you've done it! No going back now.

Welcome
You dream it up....I'll make it
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2012 at 2:21pm

You're about to experience an emotional roller coaster. Fun, heartbreak, elation, frustration...

Glad to have you aboard.

Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
mrh1325 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mrh1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2012 at 9:32pm
The big reveal... Had it tucked into the carport to do the oil pan which was leaking pretty badly. Could be front and rear main too, but no leaks so far after a good test drive. I'll see in the morning.

Is the build thread the right place to document repairs, fixes and general restoration although the real building hasn't really begun?

mrh1325 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mrh1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2012 at 7:51pm
Well the pan fix seemed to do it. Have the odd drip from the bell housing but I think it's just residual oil working it's way out as it's slowing now. Did an alignment but ended up having to cut various bolts off and replace them as almost everything is seized, stripped, rounded, etc. I think I'll end up replacing every fastener on the car eventually. I have the feeling I could buy a car with a swap and less km's on it and save myself alot of stress and hard work, but the idea of saving this one from rotting in somebody's back yard feels good. It doesn't have a lot of rust right now but needs a lot of interior and exterior parts replaced that are hard to acquire I'm sure. I've seen some amazing custom projects though and even stock builds where people have already gone through this I'm sure.

Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2012 at 8:34pm
A valuable by product of saving this one's life is you'll learn a ton
about the car in the process. Then you can keep her running forever
for cheap.

Dawg
You dream it up....I'll make it
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic