West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Meetings, and Events Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Arlington Picnic - June 1 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2013 at 12:30am

Originally posted by D_sensitized D_sensitized wrote:

We will stop and regroup again at the rest stop just north of Burlington, after exit 240.

Harrison, are we still planing to regroup at the rest stop just north of Burlington?

Charles from Bellingham would like to meet up with us somewhere on the way down, and that's probably the best place (if we're still stopping there).

redwilley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote redwilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2013 at 12:14pm
Is it still a go ?
redwilley
D_sensitized View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote D_sensitized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2013 at 12:37pm
Yes it is still a go.

We are still planning to regroup at the rest stop north of Burlington, same one as in previous years I believe.
So anyone wanting to join up with us half way down can do so there.

I am guessing if we aim to be at the border for 8, we would get there around 9? Mostly depending on border line ups.

7:00am Meet at Tim hortons on the northeast corner of 152 and hwy 10 in surrey.

7:30am Leave for the Pacific truck crossing border.

Regroup on other side of border at the Chevron on H st. It will be on your Left at the first light.

Hopefully we can all be through and gassed up to leave by 8:20. Depending on how many of us there are, we may split into 2 groups, with the faster ones leaving a bit later and catching up.

Head down towards the I-5 and take that all the way to the rest stop north of Burlington(Bow hill rest area)

We will regroup there again and meet up with anyone else who wants to meet us halfway down. We will aim to leave from there at 9:15, so hopefully that will make it easier to time things right for meeting up.

Then down through Burlington, with the detour being the last exit before the bridge and will be getting on at the first onramp after the bridge.

Hopefully we don't get separated there with a couple traffic lights involved, but if we do, we can slow down until others catch up.

Arlington Exit 206 eastbound.

Next stop will be in Arlington at the safeway to pick up some food for the picnic, and regoup for the last stretch through town to the airfeild.

And Hopefully we will get there a little after 10am, depending on the accuracy of my time estimates...

New google maps route

I will come back and add to this shortly.
-Harrison
88GT 3800 SC1 F23 5-speed
Chilliwack
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2013 at 1:59pm

And don't forget your GMRS radios tuned into channel 20.

Admin Group
Admin Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote D_sensitized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2013 at 2:45pm
Yes, as Patrick said, remember your GMRS radios, channel 20. If you don't have one, hopefully someone will bring some extras to lend out, I will have a few extras for this as well.

Other things to bring:

Passport!
Fiero!
folding chairs

and the usual water, camera, fire extinguisher, spare parts, tools, etc.

Picnic wraps up around 3pm, so we will head back around then via the same route. We don't usually take any rest stops on the way back up though, just stop at the chevron by the border to fill up on cheap gas again before returning to Canada.
-Harrison
Chilliwack
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2013 at 3:37pm

Originally posted by D_sensitized D_sensitized wrote:

Other things to bring:

Passport!

It's worthwhile repeating that a passport is not necessary as long as you have an enhanced driver's license with you.

Most of us who've driven across the border already know this, but just in case there's someone new coming along... now you know.

Shall we take bets as to whether Tristan will actually make an appearance?  And if he does, will Gretchin survive the journey?

And Colby, you're being awfully quiet. I know you're already psyching yourself up for Sunday's autocross, but you are coming to Arlington, aren't you?

redwilley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote redwilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2013 at 4:04pm
Guy's I think Lisa always brought cutlery,napkins,plates,etc. So unless someone picked up club gear we should try to each bring what we need, as it seems not a large crowd is going ?????? I understand we will be stopping at safeway for a few things.
Hope the weather is good to us. See you at 7.
redwilley
Admin Group
Admin Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote D_sensitized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2013 at 6:18pm
I was planning on picking up a pack or 2 of disposables at safeway.
-Harrison
Chilliwack
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2013 at 11:33pm

Early start tomorrow... I'm going to bed!

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2013 at 4:50am

Is everybody up? Hmmm... still kind of dark out there.

beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2013 at 7:09am
We're waiting for you at timmy's

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2013 at 10:43pm

Just got home. Made a side trip after Arlington. I'm bagged now.

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2013 at 10:54pm
Long night, eh?
Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2013 at 11:26pm

Originally posted by Romeo Romeo wrote:

Long night, eh?

No, long day.

So, ummm... where were you, bud?

I will bring Gretchin. And if another spark plug should
lose an electrode SO HELP ME GOD...

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2013 at 8:00pm
Come on Guys Where are the Pictures. I was sitting in my shop yesterday going through tools and was thinking about the fact that you were all having a blast on the run......   Man I wish I could have been there.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2013 at 11:40pm

Originally posted by Capt Fiero Capt Fiero wrote:

...thinking about the fact that you were all having a blast on the run

All three of us.

redwilley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote redwilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2013 at 4:54am
Only have a few photo's on phone. Don't know how to put on thread.
Will try tonight. Small group from canada and USA also, however a
nice time. Only a few drops a rain.
redwilley
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2013 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

Long night, eh?

No, long day.

So, ummm... where were you, bud?

I will bring Gretchin. And if another spark
plug should lose an electrode SO HELP ME GOD...

Making Gretchin's rear-end brutally rough (Delrin). And
without cradle bushings didn't feel safe driving it that
far.
Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2013 at 7:26pm

Originally posted by redwilley redwilley wrote:

Only have a few photo's on phone. Don't know how to put on thread. Will try tonight.

If you want, you can email them to the address in my Profile and I can post them.

Making Gretchin's rear-end brutally rough (Delrin). And without cradle bushings didn't feel safe driving it that far.

Where's your sense of adventure gone? The Tristan I knew a couple years ago would've been doing 130 MPH down I5 to Arlington with or without cradle bushings (or brakes, etc).

Any chance you'll actually be able to autocross this year?

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2013 at 8:49pm

Maureen, I received the images. But before I post them all, is this the size they were all originally shot at?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic