Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Performance Driving
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oh Nice...Daily driver to Autox:)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oh Nice...Daily driver to Autox:)
    Posted: 09 June 2013 at 7:22pm
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2013 at 10:33pm
Yeah, I've heard some nice things about those tires. Apparently they're really nice tires on a warm sunny day, but don't handle rain too well.

What about your current R888s?
88 Formula 5 speed

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2013 at 10:36pm
I still have them, but I want to enjoy and drive the car again, not just autox...not about fastest anymore, more on getting out for fun
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2013 at 11:49pm
Yeah, I hear you. The work I've been doing to my car lately has been all about making it nicer to drive everyday. Replacing my short tires so I can easily reach the drive through ATM is pretty high on the todo list.

You should look into the Dunlop Direzza ZII. They're similar to those R-S3s, but a little bit better suited to daily driving, and apparently are excellent in the rain.
88 Formula 5 speed

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2013 at 1:04am

Originally posted by Cheese Cheese wrote:

Replacing my short tires so I can easily reach the drive through ATM is pretty high on the todo list.

Colby, a set of these baby's on the Formula might be just what you're looking for. Maybe not so good for autocross, but hey... they're chick magnets!

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2013 at 6:43am
Hey Colby, don't forget I only drive my car for social and rarely in the rain. I like the price of the Hankook but a 140 treadware to a 200 also works...then I have my stock 15" with the R888's which have a few events in them and that's it.
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2013 at 10:39am
Wow...a tread wear of 140.

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2013 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

Originally posted by Cheese Cheese wrote:

Replacing my short tires so I can easily reach the drive through ATM is pretty high on the todo list.

Colby, a set of these baby's on the Formula might be just what you're looking for. Maybe not so good for autocross, but hey... they're chick magnets!

These guys have to reach down for the drive through ATM.

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2013 at 6:23pm
Ken, I have R888'S which are 60 treadware, and had slicks at 30 which ROCKED for autox, like glue. Again to get out and enjoy the car at the social club autox will be fun and not worry so much for times, be nice to drive and fun and not worry about swapping tires:)
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic