West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » General Fiero Chat » Members Rides
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'85 GT project

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote woggyone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '85 GT project
    Posted: 19 September 2016 at 10:49am
Hi!
I am a new member here, though I've been on & around the forum for years.
The postings are rather few & far between lately, so I figured I'd post here, as this complete '85 might end up in a crusher! Ouch

I have a complete '85 Fiero GT (2.8L 4spd-Manual) that I have owned since it was a two year old.
She's been sitting now for 15 years and will require a complete go-through.
The body is faded and needs some TLC, but everything else is in good shape, simply dormant for all those years.
I have always thought about restoring, but have absolutely no time for her.

As a result, I would like to offer the car to anyone in the club.

The car is currently in North Burnaby - drive-bys are welcome!

All I'd ask is respect for the car, I'd kind hate to see it ripped to pieces as it is suitable as a project car.
It would be nice to come to a club meeting someday and see it running again.
A reasonable offer takes her!

please message me if you are interested Big smile

chrz,
paul

_   _                 __ _
                  | | (_)               / _|_)                   
 _ __   ___  _ __ | |_ _  __ _  ___    / /_ _  ___  _  __  ___   
| '_ \ / _ \| '_ \| __| |/ _` |/ __|  |  __| |/ _ \| |/ _|/ _ \  
| |_) | (_) | | | | |_| | (_| | (__   | |  | |  __/|  /  | (_) | 
| .__/ \___/|_| |_|\__|_|\__,_|\___|  |_|  |_|\___/|_|    \___/  
| |                                                              
|_|                                                              

Edited by woggyone - 19 September 2016 at 5:20pm
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2016 at 3:29pm

If it gets to the point, that you are truly thinking about sending it to the scrapper, I can't offer much money, as we have our finances tied up in the house we just bought my personal Fiero build.  However what I can offer is the car will be resurrected carefully by a die hard Fiero nut with 20 years experience working on Fiero's. (Me if you haven't guessed)  I have a huge soft spot for 85GT's as my first Fiero was an 85GT when I was 17.  I daily drove that car until I was 35.  When I parted out the chassis and rebuilt the car onto a newer 87GT Chassis.

From the looks of the car, it would not take much to get it to move under its own power.  Then once I have it here, I can strip it down, do the brakes cooling system and fluids/filters.   I have a lot of spare parts that are coming off of my 87GT due to the required upgrades for the LS V8.  

You said the car is a 5spd, are you sure of that?  Stock 85GT's had a 4spd standard or an Automatic.   In either case I would be replacing the 4spd with a 5spd.     If I were to later sell it, I would make sure it went to a loving home, and not someone that would neglect it.   
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
woggyone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote woggyone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2016 at 5:21pm
For some reason I thought that I had put a 5-Speed in her, as I had replaced the transmission years previous.

I have ( finally ) gone and re-looked 4-Speed!

my bad Shocked

I don't think it would take much to get her to run; perhaps a few days with some diesel shot into the cylinders, and some loving hand cranking.

thanks for your interest Clap
I'll message you, Captain!
ARTIC-1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ARTIC-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2016 at 7:12am
Hi Paul
Ill take her,just let me no,my son wants it.we will bring her back. To life.
I've got an 86 here for parts,iam sure we can do it.
Thanks
SNOW MAN

87-GT/AUTO-2.8_ WHITE

88-TTop/ Duke-2.5. RED
ARTIC-1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ARTIC-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2016 at 11:03pm

She know has a new home out here in the Valley.Hope to bring her back to life soon.the usual suspects in a Fiero from sitting that long-Fuel pump dead,Brakes seized,Wiring needs a going over.
But!! the head lights seem to work fine,an many other things in the cab all so work fine..Keep you posted

Paul saying good by.

SNOW MAN

87-GT/AUTO-2.8_ WHITE

88-TTop/ Duke-2.5. RED
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2016 at 10:15am
Thanks for rescuing another Fiero, Joe.  

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
davidu.nif View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidu.nif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2017 at 10:09am
hi I need a Fiero mechanic. do you know anyone who may have a steering column for an 87gt?
ARTIC-1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ARTIC-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2017 at 8:08pm
Did some work to my sons GT,Got the Eng to roll over on the starter.Plugs out,,oil in,cranks over.
Hope to get her fired up in the near future,see what it sounds like!

i

SNOW MAN

87-GT/AUTO-2.8_ WHITE

88-TTop/ Duke-2.5. RED
ARTIC-1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ARTIC-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2017 at 5:58pm
Today i did some moor work to my sons 85GT,it was worth all it all.Hey Paul! the
GT will live again!! Had to put a Fuel tank in it an UN Seez the the motor.Yep with
a bit of Love<< away she went,couldn't be happer!Rough at first but getin smoother
every start.The trailer i Custom Built for a Fiero worked out nicely for changing the
Tank,found out by mistake when i bought the TTop an had to change the tank on it,
1\2 way off i stoped,pulled one ramp out an it worked out Great!did take pics/Vids.

uploads/339/PDR_0047.AVI

SNOW MAN

87-GT/AUTO-2.8_ WHITE

88-TTop/ Duke-2.5. RED
WilsonP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote WilsonP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2018 at 6:03am
Originally posted by ARTIC-1 ARTIC-1 wrote:

Today i found amazing protein powders here and did some moor work to my sons 85GT,it was worth all it all.Hey Paul! the
GT will live again!! Had to put a Fuel tank in it an UN Seez the the motor.Yep with
a bit of Love<< away she went,couldn't be happer!Rough at first but getin smoother
every start.The trailer i Custom Built for a Fiero worked out nicely for changing the
Tank,found out by mistake when i bought the TTop an had to change the tank on it,
1\2 way off i stoped,pulled one ramp out an it worked out Great!did take pics/Vids.

That bad boy needs some work done. Did you change anything else besides the tank, ARTIC-1?

Edited by WilsonP - 08 September 2022 at 5:33am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic