Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Meetings, and Events Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fierofest 2018

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fieroman88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fierofest 2018
    Posted: 04 February 2018 at 9:07am
It is once again that time for us to be thinking about attending Fierofest. It has always been fun and informative, with good friends and new friends. It is set for June 8-9-10 in Richland Washington. Information and pre-registration will be making its way out in the months to follow. It is important that this event continues as it is a part of the foundation that we on the West Coast must continue to support as part of the Fiero heritage. It has long been an outstanding place for meeting Fiero enthusiasts and supporters. GREAT FUN, PEOPLE AND OUTSTANDING PLANNING continue to drive this get together into the history books of the Fiero.  Hope you all attend.  Regards Glenn 
Fieroman88
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2018 at 3:16pm
I don't see anything on NW Fiero Fest's website yet.  

and two weeks later, there's Mini Meet West 2018 happening there.   

MINIs, Fieros, Minis, Fieros.  I can't decide. 

Also.....June 8-10 is the week after Arlington Picnic week, as well, this week may conflict with  the PPPCC show n shine.  

Are those dates confirmed?  

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
Fieroman88 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fieroman88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2018 at 1:30pm
Dates are confirmed. It is in everyones hands, if this continues or dies. I would like to see it continue and therefore I plan to make both. Hope others will too. 
Fieroman88
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2018 at 4:35pm
I'm considering going to FieroFest, then skipping the ice cream run and heading home overnight for the PPPCC show the next morning. 

This, of course is also pending whether or not I need to run a sound mix on that weekend. 

I will probably try and get to Richland on Friday night and come back on Saturday night. 

It calls for a lot of driving.  Anybody interested in joining me?  

Joe? John? Maureen? 

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fieroman88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2018 at 4:40pm

Art Heindselman <art@artheindselman.com>

Mar 31 (1 day ago)

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif

to Brandi, Dan, Donald, Duwayne, me, Joe, Justin, Ken, Kym, Mark, Paul

Update: Copy of Email sent to me 

Hi Everyone,

I am sending this out to the key people that have been providing input since last year before we make an announcement to everyone.  About 2 weeks ago my contact at Richland Parks and Rec started questioning our status as a non-profit organization.  I don’t recall any information about non-profit being passed on to us when Ben Didlo stepped down.  At any rate, we don’t have non-profit status now.  The number we have been using is no longer valid.  The result of not having this status is that we no longer qualify for a reduced rate for Jefferson Park.  The new rate is almost 300% more.  Since we have trimmed out costs to the bone when we set out registration cost, we don’t have extra money to cover this cost and we didn’t feel raising the costs to cover this, (about $15/car) would be a good idea.  Probably fewer cars which would make matters worse. 

Now for the good news.  I was pretty bummed at first about this but contacted the Shilo to see what could be done there.  Laura has been great.  We can have our show there.  They are fine with blocking off that area of the parking lot back by the gazebo for us to display our cars and for less than the old cost of the park we can use the grassy area and gazebo.  They will even set up a big tent and tables and chairs.  Also, since that is not in the hotel, we can have our food catered.  We talked about some signage by the walking/bike path along the river to attract some spectators.  People walking or biking might be more inclined to stop by than those cars speeding by Jefferson Park.

I want us to look at the positives.  We no longer have to get up early, grab breakfast and get down to Jefferson Park.  I know some of the wives will like this. We might even park the cars on Friday night.  If we want to take a break Saturday morning, we will be right at the hotel.  We won’t have to haul everything down to the park and back.  The tent will give us protection from the sun or cover in case of inclement weather .

I thank all of you for your support this past year.  Especially Donna who has been writing some great articles about Fierofest in the Jet City monthly newsletter and to Kym for getting a couple more cars to come from down South.  I ask each of you to make a personal contact to those from your area that have come in the past and encourage them to be there this year.  This will only continue if Fiero owners make the effort to attend.

Again, Thank you for your support.

Art, Paul and Brandi

Fieroman88
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fieroman88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2018 at 4:11pm
Update April 5 as per Pauls' Email 

Greeting to Fiero owners.  It is only a couple of months until we meet for the 19th annual NW Fierofest.  It is again being held in Richland WA, this year on June 8-10.  The Shilo In will again be our headquarters for the weekend.  One change for this year will be the location of the Saturday show.  The cost of using Jefferson Park increased by about 300% this year.  We didn’t want to increase our registration cost to cover that much of an increase, so we made a change.  This year the Saturday show will be held at the Shilo.  They have been very accommodating and will be blocking off the area in the back parking lot by the gazebo for us to use.  They will also be putting up a large tent on the grassy area and setting up some tables and chairs.  We are looking forward to having everything at one location.

To register, go to nwfierofest .com and fill in the information.  You will save $20 by registering before May 19th.  We encourage you do take advantage of this discount, it really helps with our planning to know how many are coming.  This year we have changed the registration page so you can register for the various events even if you do not bring a car. Also, register now for your room at the Shilo.  We were able to keep the room rates the same as the last couple of years.  They are Single Queen $79, Single King $81 and Double Queen $90.  This includes breakfast. To get these rates, be sure to mention you are with the Northwest Fiero Group when you call.  Their number is 509-946-4661.

We look forward to seeing you and your car in June.

Art, Paul and Brandi

Fieroman88
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2018 at 11:11am
Update Apr 27/2018

Greetings from Northwest Fierofest. Thanks to all of you who have already
registered for this year's event. It is shaping up to be a great year.
Take advantage of the early registration discount by going to
nwfierofest.com before May 18th. We really appreciate the early
registrations to help us in our planning. Also, call The Shilo at
509-946-4661 to make your room reservation. Last week they were almost
booked up for that weekend. Our block of rooms will be released to the
general public on May 18th as well.

We hope to see you in June.

Art, Paul and Brandi

redwilley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote redwilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2018 at 7:34pm
Hope all of you going to Fierofest 2018 have a great time.
Safe travels
Redwilley
redwilley
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2018 at 4:18pm
I guess I'm driving there and back alone.   Nobody has chimed in to join me nor meet me anywhere. 

See those of you at the PPPCC show in Langley on Sunday morning. 

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fieroman88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2018 at 8:28pm
Hey all, it was a great show.  28 cars attended and some pretty wild mods too. Weather was co-opertive but not the greatest. Cool ice cream run!!!!!  20th anniversary next year.  Video (I hope) will be online in a bit..  
Fieroman88
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2018 at 12:52pm
Actually, there were 28 cars in the show.  2 additional Fieros there but not in the show, 2 more that were supposed to be there but didn't make it.   

Cars were from BC, ID, NV, OR and WA.   Some very beautiful Fieros there. 

On the way there, I hit the Seattle area just south of Everett right at rush hour and it took 3 hours just to get onto I-90 to Issaquah.    After that, it was pretty smooth sailing as long as I was keeping my speed relatively close to the general traffic speed.   Lots of speed enforcement presence along the hightway.  

For my return trip, I skipped the ice cream run and left Richland around 7:30pm.  Got past Bellingham around midnight.   However, the big sign on the highway said there was a 30 minute wait at the border crossing, so I stopped in Ferndale for a bathroom break and a bite to eat.   I was home in bed by 1:30am so the return trip was much faster.   

Pictures will be posted in a following post after I have had a chance to sort through them. 

I will be doing another run to the Richland area next month,  but in one of my other cars.   

beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2018 at 12:13pm
Here is the link to my Flickr album. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/beken/albums/72157697390923734

Pictures are being posted in here as I have time.   

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fieroman88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2018 at 5:53pm
Great job Ken. Thanks for your continued divotion to events and your coverage of them.  
Fieroman88
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2018 at 11:06pm
There was treasure to be found.  You folks should have come. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic