West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Buy / Sell » Interior and Car Audio
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Speakers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Erwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Speakers
    Posted: 16 February 2007 at 3:16pm

My nephew wants to replace the 4 x 10's in the dash and the rear side speakers that crackle.  He would like to put in something that can handle some punch. 

He saw some in a scrapped Fiero that were yellow plastic coaxial and they said TS180 on them.  Are they worth buying?

If we had a reference listing of sources and aproximate prices that would be great.

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2007 at 3:39pm

I have had great luck with Pioneer 4x10's.  I know some people have gone the 5.25" round speakers, but honestly I prefer the sound of a decent 4x10.  The average street price for a good one is about $120.   I know that XS Cargo had some funky coloured speakers in the $40 range.  But I had never heard of the brand before.  Actually I think Ken picked some up might want to ask him what they sound like.  

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2007 at 4:40pm
I have a set of bright yellow speakers I picked up from XS cargo.  I haven't seen them there for awhile now but they worked great.  Cheap and a direct replacement.  The other good thing was the cone was poly instead of paper and it's  co-axial.  You could check in there and see what they have.  It's kind of hit n miss.

Ken.

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic