Forum Home Forum Home » Technical Topics Forum » Build Threads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fiero - Ferrari 308 Rebody build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2008 at 8:36pm

I normally reserve this word for really hot women, however I think in this case that engine deserves it.

Simpley "Stunning".

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Blair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Blair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2008 at 6:08am

and  s h i n y !

Can't wait to see it in person.

Fiero308 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fiero308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2008 at 8:15pm

OK captions to follow later.  Chris help me out here I can't tell what some of this stuff is.

Wheels and tires are on

New rims

Fiberglass center console all smooth and ready for upholstering

Center instrument cluster smoothed out

Dash panel ready for upholstery

Matt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2008 at 2:29am
For the love of everything beautiful.. more pictures!!!!
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2008 at 1:39am
Forget the interior pics, I want to see more of the engine.

Have you fired it yet.
Chris you have a decent Digi Cam right, when you do fire it, you have to get a video clip WITH sound. Oh I want to hear this bad boy fire up. I can almost smell the tire smoke already.

Having driven my V8 Fiero and I know how much fun it can be, I can't wait to see this car go down the track at Mission.   That big rear sway bar is really going to help keep the back stable.

Hugh you are going to have one of the most fun cars in the lower mainland. You are also going to have to take it to a Dyno to have them set the tune for you.   

Hmm any room left in the budget for a set of M/T's for the back end. Hell if you go with 14" M/T's I would even donate a set of 14" Aluminum Rims.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Fiero308 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fiero308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2008 at 1:03pm
I went to see the car on Friday.  It is at the muffler shop.  I was hoping they would be ready to fire it up but  they want to wait until all of the guages are hooked up.  Excuse my ignorance but what are 14" M/T's?
Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2008 at 9:28pm
unfortunatly this car will never be able to put 14" wheels on it, the minimum size that will fit is a 17" due to the enourmous brakes on it
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2008 at 9:45pm
M/T are Micky Thompson Drag Tires. The reason I said 14" is that the 14" Fiero wheels are the lightest wheels ever made for a Fiero and are as light as many race wheels. Lighter wheels equals faster speeds in a race.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Blair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Blair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2008 at 6:10am
It may be hard to get 14" rims on 13" brakes.  :)
Fiero308 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fiero308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2008 at 7:14pm

Here we go a new update on the build.  An attempt was made to start the car but a vacuum problem was noted with the intake manifold.  It is being sent back to the suppliers (probably a 2 week turnaround.  The interior is coming along nicely.

Upholstered dash and guages installed

View from the drivers side

Passenger side view.  Note the location of the subwoofer.

View rear of passenger compartment.  Seats are being upholstered as we speak.  As a great man once said "I think the end is near!!"

Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2008 at 10:59pm

car fired right up, sounds REALLY nice, have video but it kinda sucks so i will be posting video after we get the intake all sealed up and it purring like a LION

Fiero308 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fiero308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 5:36pm
Well I am supposed to get my car tomorrow.  If I do and it runs i will bring it to the meeting on Saturday.  Only 1 more sleep!!!!!!!!
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 7:12pm
Looking really good...that's where I would like to relocate my sub, need to ask Zander why the logo of the sub is upside down though it seems?.
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 11:24am

Originally posted by Fiero308 Fiero308 wrote:

If I do and it runs...

Well, that doesn't sound very positive!

Looks like quite a machine. There'll be a lot of people who'll want to check out this baby!

Fiero308 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fiero308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2008 at 4:13pm

Well the "Beast" is finally on the road.  I still need to tune the suspension to my liking (any sugestions on anyone who could do this for me would be greatly appreciated!!) but otherwise it is awesome

PS If anyone knows anyone who does custom door seals let me know.  I have a leak up by the t-top

Hugh

kawana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kawana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2008 at 4:30pm
very sexy car!   Quick question about your air intake though, isn't it going to suck in hot air with it on the right side of the engine bay?
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2008 at 9:52pm
Hopefully I did not get it too greasy. I got the pleasure of driving Hugh's car today, and Huge it was defiantly a pleasure to take it for a spin. Makes me want my V8 back on the road.

I don't know what the technical name for the shock is, but Hugh needs a shock that will compress much easier than what he has now however will not de-compress really quickly. His suspension is VERY Firm however on hard launches the front end climbs over 2". Its kinda neat to see it haunch down, and look like its going to yard up the front wheels, but no exactly what Hugh is looking for.   

His suspension is VERY custom, so he is going to need a tuner shop to do any work for him. I would think some of the auto cross guys would have a recommendation for him. Brian would you mind asking on your Auto cross forums and report back here. Please.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
marcelvdgn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote marcelvdgn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2008 at 4:24pm

variable valve damping shocks

typically two valves one on  each end of shock to adjust both directional damping

we used them on the sprint car with dual torsion bars on each axle

total infinate adjustment avail with that kind of setup

M

Marcel 86SE V6 Auto
85SE V6 Auto
85 2m4
soon to be sleeper 3.8sc 5 speed
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2008 at 12:38am
You found a six-speed that will fit? Would you mind telling me who? =P
Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2008 at 9:00am
The 6spd is from V8 Archie, it is from the Pontiac G6 the trans is an F40 6spd from GM.   The trans is actully cheap about $500 however the kit to install it is expensive.   I think the complete Fiero Conversion kit is around $2400.  Just go to http://www.v8archie.com
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic