West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Buy / Sell » Interior and Car Audio
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

stereos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote marcelvdgn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: stereos
    Posted: 21 February 2007 at 12:01am
I had an Alpine cda-7893 deck in my car awhile ago and had the face plate ripped off.       I bought a replacement off ebay recently, but doesnt work properly. (Base is working fine.) Anyone in the club or you stereo buffs, know if i can get locally. This was a great unit back in 2003 when i bought....Marcel
Marcel 86SE V6 Auto
85SE V6 Auto
85 2m4
soon to be sleeper 3.8sc 5 speed
2Doped View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 2Doped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2007 at 5:59pm
If your interested in a different head unit i might have one that will interest you Link is http://www.avcarexpo.com/521.html it still has 2 year warranty as i bought extended warranty price for it when i bought was 369.99 i'll let it go for $250.
marcelvdgn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote marcelvdgn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2007 at 11:01pm

Finally got the right head unit to work.

Marcel 86SE V6 Auto
85SE V6 Auto
85 2m4

Post Options Post Options   Quote marcelvdgn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2007 at 11:02pm
WTD... subwoofer, box and amp. would prefer all Alpine to match the deck...... but open to suggestions. Marcel
Marcel 86SE V6 Auto
85SE V6 Auto
85 2m4
waylon View Drop Down
The Stereo and Alarm Guy

Post Options Post Options   Quote waylon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2007 at 6:13pm

that depends entirely on what you have for spending cash

Post Options Post Options   Quote marcelvdgn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2007 at 11:42pm

Waylon.........what would $200.00 get me. Curious?

Marcel

Marcel 86SE V6 Auto
85SE V6 Auto
85 2m4
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2007 at 9:02am

If you are not looking for earth shattering boom,  This is probably your best bang for your buck.

http://www.shopxscargo.com/product_catalogue/cat_product_det ails.asp?category_id=6&product_code=23324&sub_catego ry_1_id=21&category=Car%20Audio

David

10" Bass Box/300W Amp Pkg

Boost your car audio capability dramatically with this high-performance amp kit and 10" bass enclosure. Easy add-on to any system.

more info below

Surrey
19335 Langley Road Bypass
Surrey, BC
V3S 6K1
604-533-9681
Monday - Friday:
10 am - 9 pm
Saturday:
9 am - 6 pm
Sunday:
11 am - 6

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
waylon View Drop Down
The Stereo and Alarm Guy

Post Options Post Options   Quote waylon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 7:52am

now it all depends what you want it installed in

Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 1:31pm
Marcel wasn't it your Van that had the stereo stolen?
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6

Post Options Post Options   Quote marcelvdgn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 12:24am

David the xs cargo model was sold out a while ago....unfortunately.... i would have bought just to test  it out.

Waylon.....The sub will be for the fiero

David... my Alpine unit has gone into a few cars including the van.

Thru ebay etc. i now have this alpine model in both the fiero and the van. I really like the programable time delay for each channel. Especially in the fiero, expands the effect cabin size dramatically!

Now i just need some more BASS.

Marcel

Marcel 86SE V6 Auto
85SE V6 Auto
85 2m4
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 12:33am

Well there are a few options when it comes to the Fiero and Bass.  You can get a custom fiberglass box made up.  I think they would start in the $200 range, then buy a sub and an amp probably in the 200-300 range.   Next option is jump across into the states and I believe it was auto zone where we (a bunch of us) picked up sub boxes that tuck nicely under the dash for an unbelievable 5.99 USD each.  You can't even buy the plugs for that price up here.  Then picked up some 8" subs for I think 14.99 each and we were on our own for cheap amps.  All in all Lisa is pretty happy with hers. 

If you can get creative, a neat solution a few people have came up with is buying a computer sub system.  They come small enough to fit under the dash, are pre-wired for 12v and have an amp built into them.  If you find just the right size it can go roughly where the stock Fiero sub and amp are located near the heater box.  

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6

Post Options Post Options   Quote marcelvdgn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 12:39am

i like the cpu sub idea.....

i also thought of fibre glassing my own shape

noticed i said thought..........i seem to be running out of time , not ideas

Marcel 86SE V6 Auto
85SE V6 Auto
85 2m4
waylon View Drop Down
The Stereo and Alarm Guy

Post Options Post Options   Quote waylon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 8:33pm

if you are looking for alpine then i do have a deal for you for $300.00 no tax . this is my brother in laws stuff and its in real nice shape .

Alpine Type S 12 " sub in Basswerks SLot port box

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-iuiTWzJF5cf/cgi-bin/prodview.as p?i=500SWS1243

Alpine V12 MRV-T420 170x2 RMS 2 channel amp

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=54

so that means they retail at about $400.00 us before exchange to canadian plus shipping  so all in all about a $200.00 savings and a sub box comes with it to boot(worth $120.00 retail)

this will blow your doors off . if you need a wire kit let me know i get the proper competition wire setups inexpensivly

Waylon 778-837-3414

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic