West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Technical Topics Forum » Technical Questions and Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GM Ignition Module Tester "Good Score"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GM Ignition Module Tester "Good Score"
    Posted: 18 April 2008 at 9:54am
So Lisa (FieroChick) and I were on a 2nd honeymoon vacation down on the Oregon coast. We were hitting up lots of little shops taking in the local scenery. We wandered into this little junk store / pawn type shop. I immediately headed for the tool area to see what kind of treasures they had. I come across a plastic tub full of misc electronics, volt meters, testers and such. Then I see a bag with a slip of paper in it. I pop it open and sure enough, it says GM / Ford ignition module tester. Its complete with alligator clips, 9v battery adapter and a giant fold out instruction sheet with 4 different tests for the Fiero style modules. I hold it up and holler at the guy, how much you want for this. He hollers back "what is it" I reply its a wire tester thing.   He says, ah gimme 10 bucks. I quickly whip out the 10 bucks and hand it to him.

I am not sure what the cash value is on this, but to me, its worth a lot more than 10 bucks, I have a stack of modules sitting here that I want to check. I'll use a hair dryer on low to simulate a hot engine bay over a few Min's to make sure they don't fail when they get warm.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic