West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » General Fiero Chat » General Talk about Fieros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A Fiero is a safe Car, side impact beam..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Fiero is a safe Car, side impact beam..
    Posted: 25 February 2007 at 3:15pm

Everyone says Fiero's are not safe, and we all know the Fiero is one of the safest cars on the road.  Even in 2004 at the Fiero Fest Hulki, explained that the Fiero was still one of the safest cars on the road safer than many current day econo box cars. 

We tell everyone about the side impact beams in the doors.   However to this day I don't think I have ever seen a pic posted of one. So I went in grabbed my Camera, took a few decent pics, resized them and posted them on my server.  This will hopefully help many people dispel the believe our cars are deadly in a side impact.   There seems to be 3 separate layers of steel in the beam.  The main cross beam, a 2nd layer of folded steel and a top layer above that.  This is one of the reasons a Fiero door weighs so much.

Well send this link or copy the pics and send them to all your buddies that worry about how safe our cars are in a side impact.  We may have "plastic like" door skins. But there is steel under them.   

------------------
85GT 5spd ,93 Eldorado 4.9 Dual O2 Custom Chip, Archie Clutch. Custom Exhaust.  MSD Everything 245/50/16's   Not Your Average 4.9    Capt Fiero Com --- My Over View Cadero Pics     Yellow 88GT 5spd Stock.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Blair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Blair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2007 at 6:25am

In case you are wondering what the rest of the car looks like with no skin, have a look. Think dune buggy with 6"lift and v8 power.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic