West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » General Car Chat (Not Fiero Specific) » Car Talk thats not a Fiero
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CARNAGE!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Roadfury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CARNAGE!
    Posted: 04 May 2008 at 5:44pm

So aside from my Fiero and Bronco, I also ride a sportbike. About three weeks ago my engine quit on me halfway across the portman :(

Just today my dad and I pulled off one of the heads

know its not fiero related or even CAR related!, but I know I enjoy have a good chuckle at someone elses expense, so might as well spread around joy

Edited by Roadfury
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 9:12pm
Ouch.

Roadfury View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Roadfury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 10:17pm
PS so far we have only found one valve head
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2008 at 6:42am
Looks like you're in for a new head, cylinder, pistons, and maybe more!

Unless you just did the tranny or something - I'd toss a whole new engine at it.  Yamaha?  Suzuki?  ~400?

There's a bike wrecker in Richmond, just off Bridgeport & 3 road.  There's also a place in Tilbury in Delta.

Roadfury View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Roadfury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2008 at 7:00am

WHOLE new engine :( the cylinder is all part and parcel withe the case:(

its a honda vf500 interceptor

cool thanks for the locations i havnt had much luck finding a 22 year old engine that I WANT to put into my bike

Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2008 at 7:04am
I can relate...  I've got an '84 Yamaha FJ1100.

Jugs don't come off the block on that eh?  Weird.
Borteep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Borteep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2008 at 12:47am
Originally posted by Dr.Fiero Dr.Fiero wrote:

I can relate...  I've got an '84 Yamaha FJ1100.

Jugs don't come off the block on that eh?  Weird.

Too bad it died :( The VFRs are sweet bikes. Good luck getting it back on the road.
Roadfury View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Roadfury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2008 at 4:10pm

BUMPITY BUMPITY BUU

I got a engine from a 84 magna, transplanted it and now its running again!!! Went for my first ride on it in over 3 months... just realized how much i love riding a bike

PS Im a little scared of my bronco now... ive had to do an engine transplant in everything i own except that guy........

Matt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2008 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Borteep Borteep wrote:

Too bad it died :( The VFRs are sweet bikes. Good luck getting it back on the road.

The VF500 is not considered a VFR, it's a VFF. The major difference between the VFF's and the VFR's is the chain-driven cam in the VFF's as opposed to the gear driven cams of the VFR's. (Exceptions to the rule are 1000VFF which is gear-driven cam and the latest VFR's which have now reverted back to chain-driven cams.) 

Also the VF500's are EXCELLENT bikes and I applaud you for resurrecting yours.   I've heard legendary stories of the VF500's handling and versatility. I ride an 86 VFR 750 and would really love to see your bike up close some time.

Edited by Matt
I wanna go fast.
Roadfury View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Roadfury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2008 at 7:57pm

Next Chocolate shop run, or club meeting since my fiero isnt in driveable condition at the moment ill bring it by!

Edit: Props on being a VF/VFR lover!

Edited by Roadfury
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic