Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Meetings, and Events Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fiero Double Feature Weekend June 7th-8th

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fiero Double Feature Weekend June 7th-8th
    Posted: 18 May 2008 at 1:32pm

Fiero Double Feature Weekend.
JUNE 7th and June 8th

Hey all, just wanted to bring this up so that everyone is aware.

Coming up very quickly, is the Arlington Picnic and the All Pontiac Show.

Arlington is June 7th and The All Pontiac Show is June 8th.   I spoke to Steve Simpson and Dave McKague of Jet City regarding the Arlington show and he is very anxious to see all the cars get together. Our plan is to have about 20 Fiero’s from BC attending the show. Just picture this for a second. I-5 is 3 lanes wide. That means we will be 7 cars deep and 3 lanes wide of Fiero’s. Can you imagine that cluster for a min. It’s going to be amazing. Last year when we were in a single line at points we had Fiero’s stretching for a mile long line.    Here is a link to the info http://www.captfiero.com/arlington2k8   Pleas e visit the sign up page and make sure to get your name as attending.   

If you have digital camera, digital Video camera’s please bring them. The more footage we can get the better.

Ok as discussed at the meeting. For those of you that wish to do the speed limit and do this as a relaxing cruise.   120kph and slower, you will be leaving as a group ahead of the people that wish to drive in a more spirited manor.   The people that wish to drive a tad bit faster, you will hang out for a few extra mins checking your tire pressures, oil, and such. You will be required to slow down as you approach the main group and get back into formation until we reach the 1st rest area.   Then you can relax let your car cool down and what not. Then you will have the option to take off with the group and make a bee line for the Grocery store, or hang out and do your thing again.   NOTE, IF YOU ARE GOING TO DRIVE IN AN EXCESSIVE FASHION, you are responsible for yourself.    The CLUB IN NO WAY SUPPORTS EXTREME RECKLESS DRIVING.   

Brian and Blair are setting up a very specific list of stuff to buy. They will be in charge of purchasing the “Club Food and Supplies”   Brian has already graciously donated most of the serving items.

If you wish to have something out of the ordinary please make your way into the store and purchase it, then return to the cars in the parking lot.    

We will be making a mini run Via HWY 9 when we leave Arlington, this is the same mini run we did last year as a group and people loved it so much.   I just got off the phone with Dave Mckague regarding the event and everything is a Green Light to go.     So tune up them cars, toss on an extra coat of wax and lets ROCK –N- ROLL

Basic info for us is,   

JUNE 7th 2008 Saturday
6:15am-6:45am
We will meet at the Tim Horton's just East of the Corner of HWY 10 and 152nd Street in Surrey at that time we will all check our FRS's Radio's and set all radios to channel 10 sub channel 0. We will also run GMRS Channel 20 for chat between the lead car and the tail car. If you have spare radio's please bring them as it would be nice to see a radio in every car. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE GOOD BATTERIES. Most people grab coffee and a pop while we look over the cars.
Special Note, if you have Extra Radio's.   Please bring them.   I want to make sure that everyone gets at least one FRS and I want to equip as many cars with a GMRS radio as well.   
VOX IS NOT PERMITTED ON THE DRIVE. If your radio has VOX capability Please do not use it. VOX is the Voice Activated portion of some Radios. It might be great in the forest, but in a car on the highway with cabin noise, and wind and stereos they have a tendency to activate the radio and lock out anyone else from talking.
6:45 we will leave and head for the border Crossing at 176th street.. Make sure to have your birth certificate and or Passport with your drivers license with you.
After we all clear customs we will regroup just across the boarder at a gas station for those that wish to fill up with the cheaper American fuel.
We will make one stop to regroup at a Rest Area on I-5. (Sorry I don’t know the exit number)
Then I-5 and Jet City watch out here we come.     
That's pretty much it till we get to Arlington

10 am Arrive at Arlington
Take exit 206 and head east about 3-4 blocks to a Food Mart there will be a grocery store where we can buy picnic supplies.
Then head for the grocery store and get whatever we plan to bring.   Buy anything you want specialty grilled IE steaks and sauces.
We will then caravan to the ultra light air field for the actual picnic
The picnic starts at 11am

Quick info
FRS Channel 10 and GMRS Channel 20
Meeting at Tim Horton's HWY 10 and 152nd Street in Surrey. 6:30am
Cross Boarder at 7am need birth certificate and drivers license or passport .
My cell is 1-604-807-2623
My home number is 1-604-584-7717
My email is capt@captfiero.com

All Pontiac Info
http://www.pppcc.com
Lisa and I will leave our house at 8am. So if you want to drive to the show with us, please be here before 8am. Our address is 16908 104th Ave. Surrey B.C. Registration begins at 9am and if you want a dash plaque you better get in early.
I spent over an hour on the phone with Terry Beal regarding the show. Fiero’s will only be charged $10 per car, with that you will receive a goody bag and if you are one of the first 100 cars you will also receive a nice cool dash plaque to go with your entry.   All cars regardless of show quality or driver are welcome. You don’t have to have a show car to come. I will be entering one or both of my cars and as many of you know, I spend my time making my cars go as fast as possible, which kinda leaves the paint and body in not so top shape. This is a great relaxing event.   All The Fiero’s get parked together in a special area, we will have area’s for small tents and shade items. You can bring coolers and stuff to drink, with munchies and such. They always have at least one hot food vendor and just across the parking lot is a licensed clubhouse with pub type food and drinks. Any alcoholic beverages must be kept at the clubhouse, as no alcohol is allowed on the show grounds.     

This is a family event, so feel free to bring the Fiero for the show and have a spouse or a friend bring the family car with your kids.   There is NO FEE for spectators.   Everyone is welcome to just come and hang out for the day.   I spoke to Steve Simpson in Washington and he will be bringing his Orange Custom 4.9 up for the show. It is a simply amazing car. If you have never seen his custom body work, its worth it just to come and see that.     If all goes well, Steve and his Wife Raylene will be sticking around after the show to head up to Metro Town. So this might turn into a mini Fiero run into Burnaby and down Kingsway.

So be prepared to have a very full Fiero weekend, on the 7th and 8th of June.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic