Forum Home Forum Home » General Fiero Chat » General Talk about Fieros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Car cleaning tips for all pontiac show?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2008 at 7:32pm
If everything goes well with the inspection on my Trailer, I will have it loaded with a cooler, a couple big tents and a half dozen chairs and maybe even a BBQ.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
kawana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kawana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2008 at 8:40pm
sounds like it'll be fun :D  So are we meeting somewhere and going down as a group?  Oh, and you say "we are in Vancouver", but isn't it in whiterock? 
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2008 at 9:06pm
You can meet Lisa and I at our place, its just off Trans Canada, right off the exit you would take if you were going to the show from any place east of Surrey.  Just be here early, I think we are going to leave here at 7:30-8am.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
kawana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kawana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2008 at 9:29pm
Lol, i get up at 3am every day for work, but weekends are a no-no. I think ill head down solo. Probably get up at 7 at the earliest :P  Is there any plan for the group to head back together? Id like to be in a convoy with a bunch of other fieros :D
kawana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kawana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2008 at 9:31pm
Oh, also, on one of my wheels, it looks as though the lip part was clear coated and theres some of it coming off. If i mask off the rest of the wheel, theres no harm in stripping the clearcoat right?  What should i use to strip it off?
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2008 at 10:04pm

Here's last years pics...this is the drive if you want to cruise with a bunch of Fieroheads...lol

http://www.westcoastfieros.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=219 &KW=2007

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
kawana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kawana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 11:19am
Man i wish i could make it to the Arlington run :(  I gotta work at 3am-12pm unfortunatly :(  

So does anyone know what i could use to strip the clearcoat thats been applied to the lip of my GT rims? And after thats off, and i polish them, i dont re-apply the clearcoat do it?  I thought it made it hazy...

edit:   Ok, i found everything except the maguiars quick claybar detailing kit. Neither CT nor Lordco had it  (lordco had just the BAR for $33! )

Anyone know another place i could find it?   Any opinions on the Mothers claybar kit? It comes with the detailer spray too. 

I also have a can of VHT nightshades coming in from allparts (starting to like that store more and more, they have alot of the stuff the other stores never seem to have..). So hopefully ill have tinted taillights for the show :D

Edited by kawana
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by kawana kawana wrote:

I also have a can of VHT nightshades coming in from allparts ....So hopefully ill have tinted taillights for the show

Make sure you bring your wallet with you too then - they're illegal, and will fetch you a nice ticket. 
kawana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kawana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 6:34pm
:(  how would they know though :D  Im not going like pitch black, probably 1-2 coats.

Maybe ill hold off on the tinting till the brighter bulbs i ordered from Rodney Dickman get here.   Just ordered the short throw shifter and boot aswell :D  Always fun getting new stuff :)

Edited by kawana
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic