West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Technical Topics Forum » Technical Questions and Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Speakers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote 88FormulaFiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Speakers
    Posted: 06 June 2008 at 9:57pm

The stock speaker sizes for an 88 is 2 4x10s and 2 4x6s right?

also anyone have pioneer speakers in those sizes in their car, any opinions on them?

Thanks,

Ryan

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2008 at 10:43pm
I have Pioneers in my 88GT and I have tried various brands and I honestly prefer the sound of a decent set of Pioneer speakers with either a high power head unit or a small amp to drive them.  The stock deck just does not put out enough power for a modern speaker.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
ZeroC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZeroC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2008 at 11:57pm

Worst Speaker Ever ...IMO ..If You Dont Want To Change The Fronts To A Diffrent / Better Setup Ie. 5.25 Components  ..Then Stick With The 4x10's Up Front Try To Find The Kenwood's Harder To Find ..But Sound WAY Better !!

Ive Got A Few Sets Of The Good 4x10's  Im Hording Them lol :)

As For The Rear 4x6's  I Removed Them And Havnt Ever Looked Back ..Small Small Small Cabin ..To Run 4ch Stereo ...Run A Good Set Up Front And Your Love Em ..

Matt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2008 at 12:56am
I've got Clarion 4x6 in the back. They sound nice enough, but the real power comes from the 4x10's. I find the rear speakers are more of a side attraction.
I wanna go fast.
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2008 at 5:11am
I agree with Zero...go 5.25 in front, I have JBL's for the rear's...all in the setup of the sound to fill the cabin.
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
88FormulaFiero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 88FormulaFiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 6:49pm

Hey all, thanks for the quick replys.

The comments here and listening to bassman's system at the All Pontiac show definitly has me reconsidering my plan regarding speakers. 

Thanks again,

Ryan

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic