West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Technical Topics Forum » Technical Questions and Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The V6 Clutch Bleeding Trick

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Roadfury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The V6 Clutch Bleeding Trick
    Posted: 10 June 2008 at 10:16pm

So I don't know if this works for everyone but it did for my 85GT 4spd

I did this without a power bleeder and this was also my first time bleeding ANYTHING

Step 1

Bleed the system as you would any other system. Top up the master cylinder with brake fluid.

Step 2

Loosen the bleeder valve located on the slave cylinder.

Step 3

Get a buddy to be armed with a 13mm wrench ready to tighten the bleeder valve because you won't have enough hands.

Step 4

Push the slave cylinder rod back into the cylinder as far as it goes and hold it there while your buddy tightens the valve.

:NOTE: If you allow the slave cylinder rod to move away from the cylinder it WILL suck air back into the system forcing you to rebleed the system and repeat this process.

Step 5

Top up the master cylinder with brake fluid.

WHY IS THIS NECESSARY??????

The bleeder valve is located directly above the inlet hose on the slave cylinder. When you bleed the system without a power bleeder you bleed the master cylinder and the lines up to the slave cylinder. Unfortunatly without a power bleeder the air bubbles in the portion of the slave cylinder at the rod end of the cylinder are completley ignored. Pushing the slave cylinder rod all the way into the cylinder pushes these air bubbles out through the bleeder valve and out of your system. If you have a leaky slave cylinder or have recently replaced it this step if 100% necessary (I don't know whether or not it is on a completly functional system...)

Edited by Roadfury
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic