Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Meetings, and Events Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vancouver’s Next Top Novice #2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 10:15pm
Brian if you do a flush tomorrow, please please do not use tap water, or hose water to fill your system. 
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 10:21pm
I saw that:)...13L estimated of water required, wondering if I should be concerned on flushing the system?...I think it will be alright considering I will need to winterize the car for storage.
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 10:47pm
I would guess that 13l would be a dry fill.  If you had Zero fluid in the system.  I would bet, if you opened the drain cock on the radiator, and even went so far as to remove the coolant pipes, you would still not be able to put more than 8-10 liters into the system.  3 Gallon jugs of distilled water would be more than enough.  At about 2-3 dollars per gallon, its cheap insurance. 
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Austin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2008 at 9:22pm

Good info guys.  I'll be checking everything over before the AutoX and will be repacking the bearings when I do the GA conversion aswell for Mission.

What is the longevity of this Water wetter?  Does it have to be changed out yearly?  And does it effect freezing point or is antifreeze still required for winter use?

Thanks,

Austin

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2008 at 9:33pm

Austin, Water Wetter is great for just water, any anti freeze mix it does not work as well.  Since we do not have concerns for Mission to have antifreeze, I decided to leave it be and changed my trans fluid:).

I am not sure on time and budget, but I hope to do the GA upgrade before Mission...ruuning short on time.

Get your post in the forum bud for Sunday:)...lol

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Austin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2008 at 11:27pm

Alright!! This is just 8hrs away, got all my stuff together ready to roll.. Hope to see a bunch of you guys tomorrow to at least check it out.

Brian, cya tomorrow man!!  

1986 Fiero GT 3.4L V6 DIS, 5 spd, Full Polyurethane Suspension, Rear Coil-overs
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2008 at 5:26am
How much sleep did you get...lol, too warm last night. 
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Austin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2008 at 6:05am
lol.. 3hrs maybe
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2008 at 8:53am
Well I will see you guys when I get there, I am leaving my house in a few mins. 
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2008 at 6:50pm

Well...all I can say is Great Day.  Thanks to Kerstin, David, Nigel & Matt for showing your support:)...and Austin, fun times wasn's it!:).

Here is a vid, new camera settings and mount Rocked!.

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2008 at 7:59pm
I am uploading the video's now.  I should have a link with all the video's as a batch avaliable later tonight.   For anyone that really wants them, I zipped them into one big file, 1.85gig for 29 mins of footage.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2008 at 8:36pm
Cool...thanks David
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 12:48am

Here we are...the results for the day...good job Austin:)

Results:
Indexed Results
Top Times
Results by Class

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Austin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 7:20pm

Nice runs Brian!

What's the dif between the best time & the best indexed???

Just downsizing the videos now to be uploaded.  Ugh the videos from Adams runs are messed up though :(  I wish I weren't out doing field work so I could make sure everything was ok.  It looks like he turned off the camera while doing the runs, then started recording as he hit the grid   He had some entertaining runs too, spun out on the first lap lol and had low time of 47.xxx

Edited by Austin

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 11:40pm

I believe the time differences are a average of all runs.  Too bad on those Vids, Adam msg me on Sunday asking for our web site which I gave him...I am sure there will be other times:).

I will be racing this Sunday also with all the Pro's...lol, but this will be my last novice, it will be cool to see all the Pro cars, etc...try to make it out if you can...and I can't wait for the training sessions, just had my email confirmation with details.

Cheers

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2008 at 7:39pm

Fracking Heck, this took some time to get the bugs worked out, but I got er done.    

If don't have broadband, don't even bother clicking the link.  If you have small broadband, ya might want to skip it.  However everyone else, click it and head for bed or off to work.  Their are 26 videos all are in 1280x720 HD Hopefully a Mac Addict can download the videos and make a single movie out of them, the reason I say Mac is my camera outputs everything in .mov format.    The total size of the zipped folder is 1.85 gig.  Don't expect them to be perfect as my Camera skills leave a lot to be desired.   

Ok All the video's and pics from the event that I took are here, http://www.media.captfiero.com/autocrossvideos.zip

As a request while you are waiting for the download, please post up your average speed you are getting and what your ISP is as well as if you don't mind, what package you have.  (IE Shaw Normal, Extreme-1 one or the grail of home internet, Shaw Nitro)

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2008 at 10:19pm

Cannot open file:(

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2008 at 10:31pm
Downloading again with Extreme Shaw, currently at 2% and 6 hours to go:)
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Austin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2008 at 10:50pm

Ugh stupid Quicktime files :P 

Standard Shaw internet here, the download avg'd 560-570kb/s, my max is 4.8Mbps or ~600kb/s.

Need to get a working MOV codec for Media player

Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2008 at 11:11pm

This is the codec set I use, and it seems to play every file I have ever downloaded on the net, even integrates into windows media player fairly well.

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/k_lite_Mega_Codec_Pack.h tm

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic