Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Meetings, and Events Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vancouver’s Next Top Novice #2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vancouver’s Next Top Novice #2
    Posted: 19 June 2008 at 8:35am

http://www.ubcscc.com/index.shtml#events

Hi All...next Novice races with UBC club is on June 29th.  We need to become a member and register, same as last weekend which was a VCMC event.

Between both clubs they hold all the races and share Pitt Meadows.

I'll be registering today...and hope to have new tread by then if I can make up my mind...lol

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2008 at 8:53am
   Well if I get the suspension rebuild and lowering of my 88GT done and then sent in for alignment, I may join you.  I have the entire front end torn to bits right now.  Trying to work on it little by little in between work and home duties.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Austin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2008 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Bassman Bassman wrote:

I'll be registering today...and hope to have new tread by then if I can make up my mind...lol

Nice.. haven't seen the sign-up thread yet on their site but Im keeping an eye out.

What kinda rubber you getting?  Do you have another set of wheels? 

If you're buying wheels keep size & weight in mind, I can definately feel a difference when changing from 14's/15's to the 17's.

1986 Fiero GT 3.4L V6 DIS, 5 spd, Full Polyurethane Suspension, Rear Coil-overs
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2008 at 6:44am

Welcome to the second of the 4 part Vancouver's Next Top Novice series. Competition is sure to be fierce as our 100+ novices that battled through the UBCSCC Slush Series continue for chances at prizes from Driver's Edge, cash, free events, and the most important - bragging rights.

Vancouver's Next Top Novice #2
Date: Sunday, June 29th, 2008
Membership Required
Cost:
$20 pre-registration via Karelo or $25 on-site

There is absolutely ZERO TOLERANCE for any burnouts, reckless driving, or loud stereos on Ford Road at any time. Anyone caught breaking this rule will be immediately, and permanently, banned from all 3 local autocross clubs without warning.

Please note: Tech closes at 8:30am sharp. If you are changing tires, this must be complete before you go through the tech inspection. Registration closes at 8:40am sharp.

Please read over this event's Supplemental Regulations prior to signing up at:
Supplemental Regulations

Leads for this event:
Event Chair: Mark Uhlmann
Event Steward: Jared Powell-Williams
Head of Course Design: TBD
Head of Technical Inspection: Felix Chan
Head of Registration: TBD
Head of Workers: TBD
Head of Timing & Scoring: Jessica Walker
Head of Parking: TBD

If you would like to volunteer for a position listed above, please post along with your registration info in this thread.

If you are attending, but NOT SIGNING UP ON KARELO, please post as follows:
Name:
Car:
Class:
Novice: (Y/N)

Hope to have you all out!
Good luck from all of us in your UBCSCC Executive Team.
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Fiero Zen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fiero Zen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2008 at 4:15pm
Looks good to me
Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
But Today is a Gift
That is why it is called the Present
Austin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2008 at 6:24pm

Originally posted by Fiero Zen Fiero Zen wrote:

Looks good to me

Just signed up.  Are you going to be able to make this one Nigel? 

1986 Fiero GT 3.4L V6 DIS, 5 spd, Full Polyurethane Suspension, Rear Coil-overs
Fiero Zen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fiero Zen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2008 at 6:41pm

As a spectator - hopefully

Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
But Today is a Gift
That is why it is called the Present
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2008 at 7:09pm

Spectator...come on buddy:).  Austin, man I am happy your in, make sure you post on the UBC site forum with your details, the bar code you will get on the event day with your membership, it's a decal that you scans you before each run, I just stuck it on my new helmet, picked it up this week.

Cheers...hope others from the club can make it out

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Austin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 3:22pm

Spectator...come on buddy:).  Austin, man I am happy your in, make sure you post on the UBC site forum with your details, the bar code you will get on the event day with your membership, it's a decal that you scans you before each run, I just stuck it on my new helmet, picked it up this week.

Cheers...hope others from the club can make it out

Nice.. where'd you pick up the helmet?  specs/$$??? 

Austin

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 4:11pm

I picked it up from Don at PDM: http://www.pdm-racing.com/safety/bell.html

There is also Drivers Edge that my buddy Larry suggested, for a helpmet the Pyrotect is good: http://www.driversedgeautosport.com/

It's a SA2005 rated helmet, tax in $168 for the open face which is better as I wear glasses.

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Austin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2008 at 10:34pm

I drove by Drivers Edge on my way home from work but they are closed Mondays.  I'll try again tomorrow.

I checked out PDM as well.  It was kinda after hours but I still was able to test fit the Pyrotech Open face & closed face helmets.  I actually prefer the closed one for $248 but I'll check out a few more first.

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2008 at 10:41pm
The open face is good for me with glasses...the closed would be warmer on the hot days if we ever see any...lol
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Austin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2008 at 11:20pm

I picked up a helmet today a HJC closed face.  Frank from Drivers Edge, great guy to talk to and very helpful with going over fit and the different models available.

Gearing up for this Sunday WOooo!!! :)

Austin

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 6:42am

Did you pick up the AR10?...nice helmet man:).  I tried to find this shop on Monday, I will try tomorrow as I took the day off and have my suspension in AGAIN at Dales to tighten the front end up...and potentially new brake pads.

We will need a lot of water and sun screen...real warm day ahead...which means really sticky tires I hope:).

Good stuff bud

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 6:43am

Austin...make sure you post your details for Sunday...will be nice to see two Fiero's registered:)

http://www.ubcscc.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=23201#23201

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Austin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 5:29pm

Did you pick up the AR10?...nice helmet man:).  I tried to find this shop on Monday, I will try tomorrow as I took the day off and have my suspension in AGAIN at Dales to tighten the front end up...and potentially new brake pads.

We will need a lot of water and sun screen...real warm day ahead...which means really sticky tires I hope:).

Good stuff bud

Yep that's the one.  It was a bit more than I was hoping to spend, but it seemed to be the right one for me.  I'll be checking my suspension as well in the next couple of days to make sure everythings tight.  Heard it'll hit 30's this weekend, it's gonne be a scorcher!

I registered online via Karelo but haven't gotten around to signing up to the forums yet.  Been too busy and lazy lol

Austin

Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 8:24pm

Do both of yourselves a massive favor and get a bottle of water wetter from either Lordco or Mopac.  If the weather is going to be near as hot as expected and you are going to drive near as hard as expected, you are really going to want that stuff in your cooling system. 

Austin, Brian had his car over here last weekend to do some checks and we found that several of his ball joints needed to be greased.  The shop that had worked on it I guess skipped over a few things.  So that is one thing to give a good look over.  Also I would not even bother checking, I would simply do it, pull both front wheels, and repack the front wheel bearings with a good synthetic grease.   Even go as far as putting in new outer bearings.  They are cheap, I think 10 bucks each. 

Edited by Capt Fiero
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 9:01pm

Well...I have a new battery holder thanks to Blair...this baby won't move now:).

If adding Water Wetter now means draining the cooling system doesn't it, don't put it in with old?.  I am off tomorrow and will be at Dales at 8:30am:)...maybe call me Dave and suggest what I should do as I agree, I have wanted to add this to the system for some time.

I checked all my pads and I am over 80%...I hope to go GA before July 16th...anyone have Edgars phone number as I have hubs.

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 9:32pm

To get the most from Water Wetter, you would drain your system, and replace with one bottle of water wetter and remainder being store bought distilled water only.     However you WILL still see a benefit just adding it into your cooling system as is.  When I use to run at Mission on a semi regular basis.  In the spring I would drain my entire system and just run distilled water and water wetter.  I don't know about the circuit you will be racing, however at Mission Raceway Park on the strip you were not allowed to have any antifreeze in your car.  I would run straight water all sumer and to be honest, I even removed the rad fan for several months as the car never got hot enough to even boil over.  I don't remember the specs off hand, but with a standard rad cap to keep pressure in the system, water won't boil until 230F or 240F.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 9:42pm

Mission race track is fine with anitifreeze, I may do a system flush tomorrow or just add this to my current.

I checked out Redline and the big difference is seen with water only, not much with 50/50 mix.

Edited by Bassman
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic