Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Meetings, and Events Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vancouver’s Next Top Novice #3 - July 20

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 11:48pm

lol...Get some rest, I have tomorrow off still, spoke to my assistant and she thought I was off until next Monday...just may have a short week:).

I'll post my other two later...good day again Austin, can't wait for the results:)

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
ZeroC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZeroC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 1:31am
Very Cool Vid's ..Makes Me Wanna Be There Next Time lol ;)
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 9:38am

Here's the other two vid's...

With Crazy Canadian...not driving:)

Last run of the day with Kerstin:

Lot's of fun Tyler...this weekend will be a test, should come out for a visit:)

Edited by Bassman
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 10:56am
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 11:05am
Great price:), I paid $233 for the new 6AL-2
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

ZeroC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZeroC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 11:45am

sweet i will give him a call  good price !!

not to hijack ..but notice any diffrence yet ..?

Austin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 12:13pm

Yeah you guys should really come out!! Battle of the silver GT's: Mine vs It's evil bastard sibling lol

Brian that would be totally cool to swap cars for a few runs.  I want to get more comfortable w/ AutoX first, wouldn't want to have an incident w/ your ride! 

Also a heads up, if you guys are looking for more storage on your digital cameras and whatnot 16gig SD memory card on-sale @ Anitec $47.95!!!  I picked mine up just a couple months ago for $75, might grab another as a spare :)  The videos from Sunday alone were 12gigs!!

ZeroC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZeroC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 1:12pm

maybe ......lol once my tensinor !! shows up ...this effin belt makes me want to kill

and i called on that msd box ..fella says he has a guy coming to pick it up tonight ..if not im next in line :)

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 2:49pm

This Friday is test and tune and races on Saturday & Sunday, and since Kerstin has to work, I'll have a spare seat for anyone who's curious and wants to join me for a ride on Friday...the details I posted under KUHMO Challenge.

Not worried about your driving Austin, you are gaining on me very fast...concerning actually...lol, not at all:)...would be interesting to see how our cars are simular but handle based on what Adam mentioned.

I actually bought a newer version of the Sony Cybershot today that comes with a charger, etc. for only $80 more than just the charger would have been, pretty stupid hey.  As for a SD card, we also bought one at Costco 4GB for $40, that's a screaming deal at Anitec!

Also Austin, just bought at XS Cargo a 10" x 10" canopy, it's beige and fits perfectly in our trucks, will be nice to have some shade in our pits...would have been nice for both days this week...and only $70, suggest picking one up:).

Tyler...good luck on that MSD, if you don't need a 2 stage rev limiter, then that's perfect.  I know when I set my lauch control it will come in handy for race days, the max rev setting I had yesterday was perfect to me...Adam, well as Austin can agree, he's a different animal...lol.

Time for a little afternoon nap, last vacation day:(

Edited by Bassman
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 2:56pm

Austin, just checked and results posted below.  Fricken Adam, just under 4/10ths faster than me, and your on my ass by 7/10ths...great job bud:

Results:
Indexed Results
Top Times
Results by Class

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Austin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 6:01pm

Nice.. already looking forward to the next one on Aug. 2 w/ the UBCSCC.  Adam noted some differences between our cars maybe he'll chime in w/ some more insight:

Your car's grippier and more predictable.  Guess that would be the difference in tires and my rear suspension w/ the stiffer coilover springs.  I'm a bit surprised he would have noticed any dif between our engines??  I wonder if thats more to do with the gearing of the 4spd vs 5spd?  Capt do you have that gearing chart url handy??  What's your rev limiter set to?  Adam said you were bouncing the limiter at 5k??

Canopy?? woohoo that would will be sweet.  I got a bit burned and am starting to get pretty tanned already llol..

Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 6:18pm

Here is the ratio chart.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 6:34pm

All things like cam and exhaust being equal, Austin your motor should make more power than Brian's, especially down in the lower RPM range.  Your fuel injection system is better, your ecm is better and you have a larger bore as well as IIRC a higher compression ratio.  Once Brian gets his fueling setup he should be able to pull more revs than your motor due to the lower amount of air required at a given rpm.    Trans wise, Brian's 4spd is usually quicker on a track due to the fact his spacing is more suited to an auto cross course, he can run 2nd gear out to nearly 100kph, (if he would actually let it rev) Where as you are probably swapping between 2nd and 3rd gear a fair bit. 

Its a lot more complex than what I wrote, and I have never driven your cars back to back, heck Austin I don't know if I have ever driven your car. 

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 6:55pm

If I let it rev....you smart asses:).  I have the rev set ay 5k, but the guage shows 5.5k, it's a good warning for me.  With how it was set for Sunday, it was perfect for me as I am not gaining anymore power anyways, and it hit when I had to slow down for that closing slalom.

I hope I can make Aug 3rd with work and all...so far I am good:).  As for that canopy, grab one at that price especially when it fit's in our cars, need to pack our helmets and coolers in the front with Kerstin:)...and we have not started to peal yet...lol

Edited by Bassman
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Austin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2008 at 12:06am

Cool I'll check out the canopy tomorrow after work.  Is it a quick pop-up one hopefully??

The ECM could definately use some tuning though.  Black exhaust tips rich when moderate to hard on the throttle any.  I've played with the fuel pressure a bunch and dropping it anymore will sacriface throttle response from low rpms.  On AutoX I've been tending to wind it up to about 6k according to the tach.  I had to do that a lot at Mission to avoid shifting midway through a turn.

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2008 at 5:47am
Yup, she's a pop-up...and daily driver I am at 40psi, race days I bump it up 3-4psi
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic