Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Meetings, and Events Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vancouver’s Next Top Novice #3 - July 20

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vancouver’s Next Top Novice #3 - July 20
    Posted: 11 July 2008 at 10:18pm

Welcome to part 3 of the 4 part Vancouver's Next Top Novice series. Competition is sure to be fierce as our 100+ novices that battled through the UBCSCC Slush Series continue for chances at prizes from Driver's Edge, cash, free events, and the most important - bragging rights.

Vancouver's Next Top Novice #3
Date: Sunday, July 20th, 2008
Membership Required
Cost:
$20 pre-registration via Karelo or $25 on-site

There is absolutely ZERO TOLERANCE for any burnouts, reckless driving, or loud stereos on Ford Road at any time. Anyone caught breaking this rule will be immediately, and permanently, banned from all 3 local autocross clubs without warning.

Please note: Tech closes at 8:30am sharp. If you are changing tires, this must be complete before you go through the tech inspection. Registration closes at 8:40am sharp.

Please read over this event's Supplemental Regulations prior to signing up at:
Supplemental Regulations

If you are attending, but NOT SIGNING UP ON KARELO, please post as follows:
Name:
Car:
Class:
Novice: (Y/N)

Hope to have you all out!
Good luck from all of us in your UBCSCC Executive Team.
DSP #67 97 BMW 328IS

Already Registered Austin...hope you can make this one also:)..anyone else or should I stop trying?...lol

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
88FormulaFiero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 88FormulaFiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2008 at 9:34pm

Hey Brian,

Would love to come out and race with you guys, I just need to get my 87's suspension fixed up first, unfortunately it might be a little while before its ready.  (actually wanting to autocross was part of the reason I picked it up  )

Ryan

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2008 at 10:11pm

Very cool Ryan.  Until your suspension is done, you can come out and learn all the details, the flow on the grid, etc...so when you come out on your first day, you know how to plan and what to expect.

I am hoping Austin will be out for this one:)...hint, hint:).  If you come out, I might be able to take you for a run:), you will have to fight it out with Kerstin...lol

If you have any questions just let me know.

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Austin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2008 at 10:19pm

OOOooo been so busy almost missed this!

Just registered for this through Karelo.  Cya there

1986 Fiero GT 3.4L V6 DIS, 5 spd, Full Polyurethane Suspension, Rear Coil-overs
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2008 at 11:11pm
Austin...call me if you need a hand for any work on your car for Wednesday, I am on vacation:)
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Austin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 6:11pm

Cool, thanks but I believe i've got everything sorted and ready for Wednesday

GA brakes

Fresh Oil/filter

bled all 4 brakes

Lubed suspension

Other fluids good

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 6:49pm
Cool...same except the oil, I have maybe 1000km on the current.  I picked up cheap NKG plugs today for when I put in that ignition box...anyone interested in NKG Iradium plugs?...not even 1.5 months old...lol
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

ZeroC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZeroC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 10:04am
50 Cents for the lot ..you pay shipping :)
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 10:07am
Smart Ass!!!..lol, you off today?
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 5:50pm

Well, another GREAT day on the track, I'll post the stats when they are up...here's a vid of fun run, nice launch...lol

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Fiero Zen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fiero Zen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 8:40pm

FANTASTIC JOB - Brian

Also loved the final Co-pilot comments.

Thanks for the ride, I highly recommend that any club member come out and try it.

Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
But Today is a Gift
That is why it is called the Present
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 8:45pm
Thanks Nigel...I had to keep Kerstin's comments in...lol, have it on Youtube also...lol
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

ZeroC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZeroC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 10:09pm

hey what box did you put in ignition wise ?

ive been thinking about grabbing a msd 6a since i dont need the rev limiter ( automatic)

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 10:31pm
He installed the MSD 6AL-2  which has a dual stage rev-limiter the secondary is used as a launch control. Perfect for Auto trans guys, you simply press the brake pedal, mash your foot to the gas the 1st stage limiter holds the car back and when you lift off the brake pedal the limiter turns off and the car takes off like a mad banchie.   Brian will be using his with a clutch switch.  
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
crazycanadian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote crazycanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 10:49pm
Hey guys its Adam from UBCSCC.. it was great having both Austen and Brian out and all of their supporters... I just want to extend huge thanks to both of them for letting me drive their cars... I have been finding a new love for fieros.. lol..

brian great video, you can tell still how you were pushing to wide coming back up to the sweeper there though.. its to bad you didn't film any of the runs I did in your car to compair the runs to.. it would have been really interesting to see... I hope Austens video turns out good..
Austin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 11:01pm

Hey Adam

The videos all worked but I need to cut them down to individual runs.  I let the video keep recording between runs because they moved us along nice and quick.  Once I get them managable I'll upload them to Photobucket for viewing

What a great day, what a hoot! lol my first few runs I had were filled w/ tonnes of tire shredding and smoke oops

Thanks for taking the time to co-pilot and showing your great driving!

Austin

Austin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 11:22pm

Here's my last run which I believe was also the fastest but I think there was 1 cone penalty??  Will wait to see the printoffs when they're posted.  Almost plowed the finish gate lol!

Sorry it's kind of hard to see the cones until I get one of those fancy camera mounts that Brian has

Edited by Austin

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 11:24pm
OMG you guys are making me drool and salivate to get my 85 back up and running on the track. My 88 was built for handeling, but it should does not have the power to make it fun.  On my 85 I have got a few cooling and braking mods in store for it as well as the new really beefed up trans.  Hopefully I can make it one full track day without breaking something LOL.  I have my new special rear tires on the car and will do some more suspension tweaks to the car to see where it would go.   I think my only dissadvantage of this type of racing will be my "personal driving style"  I prefer to come into a tight corner, lift quick enough to unload the tires, then get back onto and run a controlled drift in the run spots.  I know it is not the Quickest way around the track, but for me it is the most fun.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 11:36pm

Nice run Austin, suggest if you can do raise your camera view.  We should also switch up cars next time, be interesting to drive another Fiero...you do seem to have more bottom end than I do which is cool:).

Then there's Adam you crazy bastard...was a lot of fun.  The only reason why I did not tape each run as I could not find my battery charger for the camera, so only 3 takes made it...see you this weekend:).

David...Solo sprint's will be cool to try, a mix between track and auto cross:)...and I can imagine the beast you'll have out racing...strip your car right down like that MR2 that comes out...Vince I think his name is, great guy.

Cheers all...again a fun day:).

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Austin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 11:43pm

Here's Adam run @ 44.8 & my run #9(2nd last of the day).. Stay tuned for more videos when I get a chance.  Too tired been up for almost 30hrs now

Adams:

Mine:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic