Forum Home Forum Home » General Fiero Chat » General Talk about Fieros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Repair it yourself space

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Repair it yourself space
    Posted: 13 July 2008 at 11:29pm

This topic has came up a couple times.  Due to statements like this.

I live in a Condo and I am not allowed to work on my car.....

Ditto for Apartment, or ......

My strata won't let me work on my cars or have a parts car....

Well the place Lisa found for us to store our parts does also offer, spaces suitable for working on cars.  As a matter of fact, some people rent the spaces and run small businesses out of them.  Body work and or........

I would not be leaving expensive tools or related, but if you need a place to work on your car, that is sheltered, or a place to put a car that is torn apart and don't want to upset the neighbors or city.  This may be an option for you.  Even if 3 or 4 guys wanted to get in on it and trade work space on the days that you don't need it. 

The place is in Cloverdale, About 1km north of Hwy 10 on 184th street.

The spot Lisa, Zander, Nigel and I have the flooring is not suited to drive cars into it, however it is big enough that you could put 3 cars in it.  they have steel containers that you actually can drive cars into.

For the price you really can't go wrong, just need to make sure your valuables are either not left there or are double locked.  The guy claims that theft is not a problem as he has a suite on the property and keeps a good idea on everything. 

The price for a steel container that is sealed and lockable is $200 per month and you could leave tools and such there. 

This would be helpful for a lot of people.  If 4 people split it and bay say 3 months in advance Thats only 75 bucks per person.  (25 per month) 

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 9:10am
Good info...thanks Dave & Lisa
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic