West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Technical Topics Forum » Technical Questions and Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Brake conversion questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote 88FormulaFiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brake conversion questions
    Posted: 12 September 2008 at 4:09pm

Hey, I have several questions about the rear brakes.

I think I remember reading about a brake conversion similar to the grand am one but that allowed the use of an e-brake, I cant remeber where I read it and havent been able to find it here or on pennocks.  Anybody know of something like this?

My other question is if such a thing is possible would it use the fiero e-brake cable or something else?

Thanks,

Ryan

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2008 at 12:11am
As I mentioned at the meeting, Grand Am or Le baron on the front is easy, then doing the Cadillac rear caliper swap on the back.  You will get much larger brakes and be able to keep your E-Brake.  I would talk to Austin about it as he has done a great deal of research on it.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Austin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2008 at 12:23am

I heard my name :P

Is there someplace I can upload files??  I can upload the adapter diagrams/parts lists that I have collected along the way for various swaps.

The GrandAm swap i think I just googled for and used this page more or less

http://fierozone.tripod.com/realbrakes/index.html

1986 Fiero GT 3.4L V6 DIS, 5 spd, Full Polyurethane Suspension, Rear Coil-overs
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2008 at 12:50am

Hey Austin I just setup an FTP account for the members to ues to upload files.  I just need some people to test it.

ftp.captfiero.com

Login: u49656738-fieroclub

Password: clubmembers

Once you have files uploaded, just point people to www.captfiero.com/fierofiles and they shoudl get a dir listing of all the files in the folder. 

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic