Forum Home Forum Home » Buy / Sell » Interior and Car Audio
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Car Stereo MP3 Player with Remote 19.99

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Car Stereo MP3 Player with Remote 19.99
    Posted: 13 November 2008 at 10:28am
160 Watt CD/MP3 Flip-Down Car Receiver

160 Watt CD/MP3 Flip-Down Car Receiver

The Autosound CD/MP3 car stereo is everything you want in an flip-down car receiver at a price that's music to your ears. 160 watts of pure power feat...

more info below
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2008 at 3:37pm
There appears to be ONE in western Canada, and it's in Lethbridge Alberta. Act fast!
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2008 at 3:50pm
       Actually John just called me and there inventory system is all screwed up.  So you can't go by what the website says for stock.  He went out to pick up one of the 5 channel amps, which Inventory said they had 6 and they actually had none.  Best bet is to call the store close to you and ask them to do a physical check.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2008 at 4:19pm

Maybe I'll drop by the store on the Grandview Hwy here in Vancouver tonight. I wouldn't mind a cheap CD/MP3 player in the GT.

Even if they have one of these things in stock, I'll probably have to spend just as much for a harness adapter.

Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 6:15am

So did they have any stock.

As for the harness, talk to Waylon, I seem to remember it being about 10 bucks for the harness he gets.  His harness comes complete with everything you need including the wiring for the OEM sub if you have it.  I have used his kit on several Fieros and its by far the best one.  However if you can't get one from him, walmart sells a decent one for about 13 bucks.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Capt Fiero Capt Fiero wrote:

So did they have any stock.

Alas, there was no joy in XScargoVille.

I've only ever been to XScargo about three times, and everytime I've been there (including this last visit) the staff have been bitching among themselves out loud about how much they hate working there.  I feel like walking up to these people and telling them to just quit then and move on, because it makes for a crappy atmosphere for customers when all you hear is staff moaning about how unhappy they are.

I've been unhappy with different jobs over the years as well (haven't we all?), but I sure as heck didn't complain about it within earshot of any customers! That's what surprises (and irritates) me the most about these XScargo employees I was listening to today (and previously).

Edited by Patrick
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Capt Fiero Capt Fiero wrote:

As for the harness, talk to Waylon, I seem to remember it being about 10 bucks for the harness he gets...

I don't know who Waylon is. Does he come to club events/meetings?

Yeah, I wouldn't mind getting a harness for that price just to have on hand if/when I put something in that plays CDs/MP3s.

waylon View Drop Down
The Stereo and Alarm Guy

Post Options Post Options   Quote waylon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 10:16pm
patrick we have met before . the kits i get are from metra . they work great but if you want a factory sub to work you need a relay in line to power the amp .
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2008 at 1:26am

Originally posted by waylon waylon wrote:

patrick we have met before .

Sorry Waylon, but I guess I've met so many different club members since my first club meeting in July that I've lost track of who's who!

the kits i get are from metra . they work great but if you want a factory sub to work you need a relay in line to power the amp .

I have the factory subwoofer option in the GT, so it sounds like I need the relay as well. What's the harness and the relay worth?

waylon View Drop Down
The Stereo and Alarm Guy

Post Options Post Options   Quote waylon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2008 at 7:18am
harness is about $10 plus tax and then i add in the relay after .... about $3 wired in
waylon View Drop Down
The Stereo and Alarm Guy

Post Options Post Options   Quote waylon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2008 at 7:19am

Sorry Waylon, but I guess I've met so many different club members since my first club meeting in July that I've lost track of who's who!

i guess we have not met before then .... i have read your posts on pff then ..... that must be it

Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2008 at 8:39am
   Hey Waylon, I don't like to correct the Stereo God that has forgotten more that I will ever know, BUT the harness that I used did not need a relay, it wired up with all the stock wires it had a 2nd connector for the factory amp, I wired it all and worked perfect.  I did not have to add a relay for the amp.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2008 at 12:17pm

i guess we have not met before then .... i have read your posts on pff then ..... that must be it

Ah, maybe that's it. What's your "name" at PFF?

[EDIT] Heh heh, figured it out...  

Waylon, what's the story behind that avatar?

Edited by Patrick
waylon View Drop Down
The Stereo and Alarm Guy

Post Options Post Options   Quote waylon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2008 at 10:08pm

pff name is timmer  and that is  a shagadellic pic baby :) ......

Yes dave you are right that you don't need the relay with the exception of a scant few of the amps that need a touch more power   then some decks can supply :)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic