West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Technical Topics Forum » Technical Questions and Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Removing the intake

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote grokan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2009 at 5:15pm
lol I have been driving my 86 with a deleted EGR for some time now and i just ignore the engine light
Lets get it sideways
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2009 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by grokan grokan wrote:

lol I have been driving my 86 with a deleted EGR for some time now and i just ignore the engine light

Not a good plan.

You WILL over time burn up your valves, etc.  When the computer tries to hit the EGR, it leans out the mixture, and alters the timing.

Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2009 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by 88FormulaFiero 88FormulaFiero wrote:

you found the file? If you have it I can try arrange a time to get out there sometime between thursday and sunday.  or possibly at the club meet? depends what works for you. 

Yes, I've found what Dave and I are pretty sure is the last one I made for him before he went 4.9 -- Not sure if I'll make the meet this month, as I'm working away on my swap every free minute I've got.  If you can make it to my place though, LMK.

grokan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote grokan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2009 at 5:40pm
ok, so know im currious, do you have a file for an 86 and if your still willing to burn chips?
Lets get it sideways
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2009 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by grokan grokan wrote:

ok, so know im currious, do you have a file for an 86 and if your still willing to burn chips?

Yes - I have all the PROM file for all the years.  The one Ryan was looking for is a very custom one I'd done years ago.  It's for a modified engine only.

If the only change you have is EGR deleted I can do one.  $50 for a basic change. You pick up and install.

grokan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote grokan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2009 at 5:53pm
sweet, so im clear on this you mod my existing prom chip? and could i get your phone number to arange a time and get your address
Lets get it sideways
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2009 at 7:02pm
No - I have copies of all the stock BIN files.  I just need your broadcast code (like: AXYN) off your current one.  Then I make the changes, and burn it onto a new EPROM.

Call me at: 604.318.8742 (before 10pm would be good)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic