West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » General Fiero Chat » General Talk about Fieros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

We got SNOW!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2008 at 6:43pm

I think I'll hold off driving her for awhile yet.

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2008 at 6:49pm
Thank god our cars don't rust:)
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2008 at 7:31pm

Is it ever going to end?

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2008 at 8:20pm
I can't believe we had another 6" today, was nice to get out for a walk in it...not long:)...now the rain...prepare for the floods, or if it cools down, more snow:)
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2008 at 10:50pm

So Lisa and I went out spent a wonderful day browsing the malls, bought some new computer stuff, and some clothes, really had fun.

We get home cook up some left overs from last night and sit back.  I'm all set to tear down my computer and install the new MB, CPU, Ram and enjoy myself, then, Blink, Flicker, BLACK.  FRACK.  No power.  We have no power, no heat, Nada.   I keep checking the hydro website and they still don't know why the power is out.  Just calling it adverse weather.  

I have the 350w inverter in the car with a 50ft extension cord running into the house.  Feeding my Laptop and my cell.  So at least I have internet via my cell phone modem. 

As for snow, ya we got one hell of a dump today.  Roads were super slippery in and around Langley.  It was a total blast cruising around.  You could be doing, 80kph in 5th gear, drop to 4th punch it and the rear tires would break loose and could run a controlled slide for almost ever.    Only had one instance that got a little hairy.  Was coming up to a light about 70kph, it went yellow and I was too far away to run it, but was close enough that braking was going to be interesting.  I dropped from 4th down to 2nd and managed get a compression slide from the rear tires.   I popped the clutch back in and pumped the brakes a few times and got it under control however still had the nose about 10ft past the stop line.  

There is a major 4 car pile up on Trans Canada near he scales at 176th street.  I hear we are suppose to be in for some serious flooding over the next week.    Gonna be interesting.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Fiero Zen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fiero Zen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2008 at 12:30am

Well...I live on the 20th floor. I never expected to experience a snow drift. But as you can see from the photo...its possbile.

Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
But Today is a Gift
That is why it is called the Present
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2008 at 8:39am
Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

Is it ever going to end?

Nope, well not for a while at least.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/CABC0284

Rain/Snow mixed for the next week, then Friday Jan 2nd, temps drop to -7 and expect another 15cm's of this stuff.  I think this is going to the most snowy winter I have ever seen. 

I may have to talk to Austin and get more info on those spring risers he was talking about. 

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Austin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2008 at 2:39am

Capt I'll see if I can snap a pic of the spring risers next time I'm at CrappyTire..  Only some stores have em, seems the ones that have lots of old stock kicking around.  The new stores dont seem to carry them.  There are different kinds, some are chunks of rubber, some are the kind you crank up/down with nut/bolts.

1986 Fiero GT 3.4L V6 DIS, 5 spd, Full Polyurethane Suspension, Rear Coil-overs
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2009 at 9:18am
Fraser Heights as of 9am Jan 27th (East Surrey Almost Langley / Port Kells)

Note the bigger piles are left over from the last big dump that has not melted yet. We still have 2ft on the ground from last time.   In the time it took me to take the pics, come inside, resize them and upload them to my server, we must have another 2cms on the ground as well.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2009 at 3:32pm
If you are really board, Here is a short clip of me driving down 108th Ave in Fraser Heights. http://captfiero.com/snowvids2008/Jan2009SnowDrive.wmv If the link does not work, go to www.captfiero.com/snowvids2008   and right click, Jan2009SnowDrive then "Save As" to your desktop. Its 9mb
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2009 at 4:27pm

We got a massive half inch dump today in East Van which has since turned to slush.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic