West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Documentation Archive » Catalogs & Paper Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fiero Magazine Ads

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote aukc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fiero Magazine Ads
    Posted: 26 December 2008 at 4:06pm

I enjoy collecting Pontiac magazine ads, especially ones for the Bonneville, but I went thru my collection and picked out the Fiero ones. Managed to find 16 pages worth, so set up an album and here it is if you're interested, you might have seen all these before, but hopefully something there will be "new".

http://s490.photobucket.com/albums/rr268/aukcc/Fiero%20Magaz ine%20Ads/ 

1995 Bonneville SSEi (North Vancouver, BC)
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2008 at 7:36pm

Those are great. Thanks for putting them up for us to see!

Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2008 at 9:03am
I've got an '88 Fiero dealer brochure (that I picked up from the dealer back in 88 while buying my trans-am!) that you can scan if you want.

Lets wait for better weather though.  :)

aukc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aukc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2008 at 5:20pm

great, yes, happy to scan and add brochure or any other Fiero stuff published by Pontiac at the time.

Which reminded me, I had a few Pontiac Auto Show Press Kits from the 1980's so I went through them, and found 9 pages worth of bulletins and press photos, added them to album, have a look.

aukc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aukc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2008 at 10:21am

I've also got a few articles that I've clipped out of various magazines, I won't scan them all, but I have made an index list of what I have, and if anyone is interested in a particular article, post a reply and let me know which ones, and I will scan them and add them to the album

Prototype Preview - P is for Peekaboo! by Don Sherman, Car and Driver, February 1981 - 1 page
Pontiac P-Car Preview by Jim Brown &  Gary Medin, Road & Track - 1 page
Spy-Drive! 1983 1/2 Pontiac P-Car by Rich Ceppos, Car and Driver, July 1982 - 2 pages
Spyflash! 1985 Pontiac P-car Turbo by Rich Ceppos and Jean Lindamood, Car and Driver, December 1982 - 1 page
Producing the P-Car by Csaba Csere, Car and Driver, August 1983 - cover + 4 pages
Preview Test - Pontiac Fiero 2M4 by Don Sherman, Car and Driver, September 1983 - 6 pages
Design Anaylsis - Forging the Fiero by Jean Lindamood, Car and Driver, Sepbtember 1983 - 4 pages
Road Test - Pontiac Fiero 2M4 SE by Rich Ceppos, Car and Driver, December 1983 - 5 pages
Birth of a Fiero, Scientific American - 5 pages
Pontiac Fiero panels are bolted to a steel space frame, Popular Mechanics, July 1986 - 1 page
Mera Image by the Brunt Bros., High Performance Pontiac - 3 pages
Comparison Test - The Gee Force by Rich Ceppos, Car and Driver, April 1988 - 7 pages
Eye on the Road - Farewell, Fiero by William Jeanes, Car and Driver, June 1988 - 1 page
1988 Fiero GT, High Performance Pontiac, August 1989 - 1 page
The Fiero Convertible by George Ellis, Hight Performance Pontiac, August 1989 - 2 pages
Long-term Tests - Pontiac Fiero GT, Road & Track - 1 page
Dreams Do Come True by Frank E. Peiler, Collectible Automobile, April 1984 - 2 pages
The Birth and Death of a Racing Program by Michael Lamm, Sport Car International, July 1994 - 8 pages
Fiero: The Little Car that Could by Jeff Denison,  Pontiac Enthusiast, May 2000 - 3 pages
A Fiero for Every Family Member by Keith Morgan, The Province Newspaper, July 20 2005 - 1 page  
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2008 at 10:25am
If you've got the time...  scan 'em all.

Pictures fade, things get ripped, etc etc.
It'd be nice for everyone if they were archived!

(BTW - where are you located? Wondering how far we have to go to get this brochure to you)

fiero052 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fiero052 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2008 at 4:33pm

maybee we could have a separate forum to archive all of this stuff?

i have access to a high speed scanner at work that would make quick work of all of this stuff- if we could collect all of this stuff together we could get it all scanned in an hour. we could slip into my office during the evening some time.

Glenn

Glenn
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2008 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by fiero052 fiero052 wrote:

maybee we could have a separate forum to archive all of this stuff?

Sounds like a plan....

** PooF **

It is done. 

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2008 at 8:50pm

I spoke to Glen on the phone briefly tonight regarding this.   Because your club dues are now paying for a server, we have virtually unlimited bandwidth. The club pays for 1/2 the server and I pay the other half. The allowance is 2.5 TB (2500gig) per 30 day cycle.  Our club library is extremely large. It fills up a 4ft tall by  2ft wide x 1ft deep suitcase.  We have the entire GM Parts book, lots of other misc literature and assorted catalogs.   The books will be really hard to scan however all the other sheet based stuff should be fairly quick.  We have decided on a date in the end of Jan, beginning of Feb to start cataloging as much as possible.  He will be out of town for most of Jan, and Lisa and I will be out of town for most of March.  So Feb looks to be the time and place.

I'll setup an FTP location for members to upload there own scanned items, with a direct web link for everyone to download from.   We will NOT be charging for these, to keep it legal you will not be able to print them.  They will be for viewing only.  Kinda like a club book that gets shared around.  Whenever possible, I will include the place to purchase the hard copy of books that are still in print for sale. 

This will be setup something similar to the club videos archive with the tech videos and old Motor Trend Videos.      

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2009 at 3:44pm

Ok the FTP dir is setup.   I have uploaded a single PDF file thanks to Ken So.

The dir is http://captfiero.com/paperbased 

If you have stuff you want to add to the list, please send me a PM and I'll give the FTP login and password.  

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
aukc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aukc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2009 at 4:25pm

I scanned the first half of the magazine articles in my collection and added them to my photobucket album

Does this look like the kind of stuff you would like me to upload to the FTP directory? I just want to make sure it's worthwhile stuff and also not duplicate anything you might already have

aukc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aukc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2009 at 6:25pm

second half of the articles mentioned in the index listing scanned and added to my photobucket album.

aukc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aukc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 11:35am
Found some more articles, will scan and add to album soon:

The Mid-Atlantic Fiero Club Fieros at Carlisle '97 by Don Keefe, Pontiac Enthusiast - 2 pages
Just Like New by Bob Nielsen, Pontiac Enthusiast - 1 page
Hot Time in the Old Town by Padgett Peterson, Pontiac Enthusiast - 2 pages
Pacers and Racers by Wayne Ellwood, Pontiac Enthusiast, April 2003 - 4 pages
Found! DGP Fiero show car by Chris Richardson, Pontiac Enthusiast  - 2 pages
Fiero Chronicle by Paul Zazarine, Pontiac Enthusiast, June 2004 - 4 pages
Fiero Fantastic by Jim Black, Pontiac Enthusiast, April 2004 - 3 pages
Where are You, Fiero, Now that We Need You? by Jim Wangers, Pontiac Enthusiast, October 1999 - 2 pages
The Last Jurrah - 1988 Fier GT by Paul Zazarine, Pontiac Enthusiast, December 2000 - 1 page
Pontiac's Fiero - Savior of the Marque? by Jim Hallman, Pontiac Enthusaist, August 1998 - 3 pages
Such a Deal by Richard Truesdell, Pontiac Enthusaist - 4 pages
Brickyard Bravado by Chris Richardson, Pontiac Enthusiast - 4 pages
More Pontiac Revelations - From Fieros to Holdens by John Sawruk, Pontiac Enthusiast  - 1 page
aukc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aukc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2009 at 11:11am

I came across a 1984 Pontiac Full Line Dealer Brochure, 16 pages devoted to the Fiero, so I've scanned them and added them to the album, they are the most recently added so they should be at the beginning of the album

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic