West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » General Fiero Chat » General Talk about Fieros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

looking for a 2.8 to rebuild

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote 85SEnochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: looking for a 2.8 to rebuild
    Posted: 25 February 2009 at 9:15am

It does not have to run but a long block no holes in it for cheap would be cool.  My rings are going to much blow by front seal is leaking like alot go throw a quart of oil every week or so.  Looking for a automatic trany that has over drive too. 

D_sensitized View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote D_sensitized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2009 at 5:27pm
I just got a second 2.8 to fix my busted one. In the end I'll have a spare 2.8 i won't need anymore but right now have no idea how rebuildable it would be.

I should be done with it in about a month if you're still looking then.
85SEnochie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 85SEnochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2009 at 6:43pm

how much are you thinking?

marcelvdgn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote marcelvdgn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2009 at 10:24pm

I have for sale an 87 2.8l and an 88 2.8l that were runners when pulled from fieros.

you could install and run or rebuild

let me know if your interested

Marcel

Marcel 86SE V6 Auto
85SE V6 Auto
85 2m4
soon to be sleeper 3.8sc 5 speed

Post Options Post Options   Quote 85SEnochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2009 at 7:29am
Originally posted by marcelvdgn marcelvdgn wrote:

I have for sale an 87 2.8l and an 88 2.8l that were runners when pulled from fieros.

you could install and run or rebuild

let me know if your interested

Marcel

How much for each of them?

Post Options Post Options   Quote 85SEnochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2009 at 11:46am
Any prices yet on the 2.8s?
Admin Group
Admin Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote D_sensitized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2009 at 4:25pm
I was thinking under 100.
Will have to wait and see how it looks inside though. the one I dissembled  today was a bit rusty on the inside. I'm hoping to drop the one in my fiero now next weekend.

Post Options Post Options   Quote 85SEnochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2009 at 12:22pm
cool!  How close are you to the boarder to Washington?
Admin Group
Admin Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote D_sensitized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2009 at 5:26pm
About 30 minutes, I'm in burnaby.

I'll try to get some pics this weekend.

Post Options Post Options   Quote 85SEnochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2009 at 7:41am
My dad is in the Everett Area during the week could you bring it accross the boarder for a little more money?
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2009 at 10:15am
Fair warning: EXPORTING parts out of the country for sale can be a very nasty operation paperwork wise.  And if you get busted going down, you could be spending a chunk of time in a place you really don't want to be.

If you on the other hand simply drive up here to buy something, you shouldn't get THAT much hassle (there will still be some) coming up and going down.  Make sure everything is well documented.

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2009 at 10:34am

I had this nice reply written out and then got distracted and closed the window by mistake.

Well here is the short version.   We used the Dr's pickup truck to go down to Seattle to by my Caddy engine.  We drove down, let them know we were going to purchase an engine.  When we got to Customs, I showed them the receipt, they sent us in I paid the taxes on it and we were done.  

However if you are Attempting to Take a product across for the intent of selling, as John said, it becomes a whole different ball of wax.     You could easily spend 4-6hrs in customs trying to explain value, proving that it is indeed yours to take from the country, blah blah blah.      

If you need a cheap V6 get a hold of Jet City Fiero's, they are located near Seattle and probably have several members with old engines kicking around.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.

Post Options Post Options   Quote 85SEnochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2009 at 6:22pm
I see thanks for that info!  Sounds like a pain in the ass I will check out jet city thanks again.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote D_sensitized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2009 at 10:00pm
Well if you have no luck down there,

I have decided I don't want to put the money into this engine to rebuild it. It would need a complete rebuild, we checked and the main bearings are pretty worn.

If you still want it send me a message, I spent 150 for the motor, cradle and transmission

Post Options Post Options   Quote 85SEnochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2009 at 7:32am
k I'll let you know.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic