West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » General Car Chat (Not Fiero Specific) » Pacific Performance Pontiac
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

All Pontiac Show&Shine 2009 Info June 14

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All Pontiac Show&Shine 2009 Info June 14
    Posted: 12 April 2009 at 2:20pm

Hey everyone, its time for the All Pontiac Show and Shine. It's June 14th, I just talked to Terry, if you pre register its $10 or $15 at the Gate. They have again given the Fiero's there own class. However they can not yet give us 2 classes because last year we only had 2 or 3 cars pre register.   If we get enough Pre-Regs this year to warrant them buying 6 Awards maybe next year I can convince there board to have 2 classes, with our cars slowly now being eligible for collectors plates I am seeing more and more people getting there cars into Factory stock shape, I think I personally would lean to a Stock Vs Modified class. Instead of Fastback vs Notch back.    Some people argue that Everyone would take a stock Fastback over a stock Notch back, However if you look at last years winners, I believe it was 2 notchies that took 1st and 2nd, with a fastback taking 3rd. And for the record all 3 winners last year would have been in Modified class, then allowing for 3 stock cars to go.

The plan will be for our members to get there as soon as possible in the morning, if people want to meet before the show, we can meet really early and have breakfast someplace.   I will be hosting a detail session for those that want to come to my place Saturday afternoon to hang out and clean there cars up.    We will be saving all the extra munchies left over from Arlington and be bringing them to the show.   Lisa and I will be brining a Tent/Canopy for our members to have a Shaded are away from the sun, or dry area away from the rain.   

This is not just for "Show" cars. They even have an "under construction class"   If your car is a daily driver with a few bruises, it'll fit in perfect with any of my cars that will be proudly displayed. This is a great afternoon to just sorta kick back and relax around other car guys / gals.

Terry and I spoke on the phone for nearly an hour discussing the current state of car clubs and car events.    With the massive fuel price last summer it crippled a lot of clubs, the members stopped coming and even now with the price back down, people are not wound up about car stuff any more. So Please plan an afternoon to come to this event. We want, NEED a good showing of cars for this event.

West Coast Fiero's has a lot of events going on in the next few months. Car show and picnics are great low cost events to have some real fun. Heck some of the ladies even brought Uno cards and played cards while chatting.

Alright I have rambled on long enough.   Please right click the image below, fill it out and drop it in the mail to Terry.      

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2009 at 12:54pm
Being the 25th anniversary of the Fiero, does anybody think we can get 25 Fieros out for this?  

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2009 at 12:58pm

I admit I'm a little slow on the draw here, but I was hesitant to enter the show because there's nothing special about my '86 GT. The fact that this might be the last "All Pontiac" show & shine finally inspired me to commit myself.

However, I was rather surprised when I went to register and pay today that there wasn't a way to do this online.

Is it really necessary to print out the above form and snail mail it in with a cheque? It's 2009, not 1955.

Even if PayPal couldn't be used for some reason, I think there'd still be a way to at least register online without having to print out a form and mailing it in.

At this point, there looks to be no point in "pre-registering" anyway as it appears the fee will still be $15 (as of June 1st) rather than $10. Guess I may as well wait until the day of the show to register, unless someone (Dave? Terry?) can advise otherwise. 

beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2009 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

I admit I'm a little slow on the draw here, but I was hesitant to enter the show because there's nothing special about my '86 GT. The fact that this might be the last "All Pontiac" show & shine finally inspired me to commit myself.

However, I was rather surprised when I went to register and pay today that there wasn't a way to do this online.

Is it really necessary to print out the above form and snail mail it in with a cheque? It's 2009, not 1955.

Even if PayPal couldn't be used for some reason, I think there'd still be a way to at least register online without having to print out a form and mailing it in.

At this point, there looks to be no point in "pre-registering" anyway as it appears the fee will still be $15 (as of June 1st) rather than $10. Guess I may as well wait until the day of the show to register, unless someone (Dave? Terry?) can advise otherwise. 

I've done this before.   You fill out the form, scan and email it in with a note that you will have cash on hand at the entrance when you arrive. 

PPPCC isn't really that formalized a club and having paypal accounts etc probably costs money.    They need the registrations early so they can let their sponsors know how many are showing and also prepare the goody bags.   So I would encourage you to at the very least email the registration form in.  

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2009 at 2:22pm

Its not that the PPPCC is not a formalized club, as they are, and there meetings remind me of old Parliamentary Procedures, however most of there members (not all) but the majority of them were driving or riding in 1955 era cars when they were still pretty new.

I set up an email group for there club, and I think a whopping 4 members even signed up.  With maybe 2 posts.     I have spoken to Terry in regards to what can happen in the future, and if this show does go on again, I will highly recommend that they set up some sort of Paypal account.  Maybe raise the reg prices a few dollars to make up for the paypal fee's.   They are a really good bunch of guys, but computer geeks they are not.

As a reminder and I'll be posting it up soon, we have a club meeting this Saturday, with the car show on Sunday.  Hopefully we can get all the final details ironed out.   Dr. Fiero has made a suggestion in regards to how we all park in the show area.  Suggesting we have a "parking supervisor" to get all the cars, backed into the stalls on a 45 degree angle.  We are going to have fastbacks on one side and notchbacks on the other side of the lane.   If your car is heavily modified you will be put in whatever class your car was stock, with the exception being a car converted to a stock appearing fastback that was a notch back.   (IE put an 86GT body on an 85 coupe, you would be in the fastback category)  However if you have an 85GT and cut the roof down, extended the clip you would stay in the notch back category.

This is going to be one hell of a weekend.  I have my yellow sparkle tire tint in my front compartment ready to go.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2009 at 2:32pm

Originally posted by beken beken wrote:

I've done this before. You fill out the form, scan and email it in with a note that you will have cash on hand at the entrance when you arrive.

The problem I have is that I got so sick of replacing inkjet cartridges that dried up because I hardly ever used a printer that I no longer have a working printer.

I guess what I can do, which I've done for my accountant at tax time, is do a "Print Screen" of the form, bring it into a photo editing program to fill out the info (which is really a pain in the you-know-where), and then email the altered JPG image of the form.

It would be SO much easier to just to fill out the info online.

Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2009 at 3:41pm
I've mentioned it ever since PPP #1 (for us anyhow).

If we did set up an online reg' and pay setup - I bet the usage would go:
Fiero people; 95%
J-body people; 100%, or 50% if the other one guy missed it
Everyone else; 10%

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2009 at 10:38am

There's been an interesting exchange of opinions on this topic taking place on the mailing list. If you aren't on the list or you haven't been reading these emails, you've missed out on some good stuff.

Anyway, I'm just going to register at the gate on Sunday. I appreciate the fact that Terry and rest of the organizers of the event would prefer people to pre-register for the show, but for a variety of reasons I'll be using the available option of registering on the day of the event.

Hope to see a whole lot of you there!

aukc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aukc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2009 at 11:11pm

here are some magazine articles on prior shows, i could only find a few so if anyone knows of other articles published about pppcc shows, let me know and I'll find them and add them to the album.

So far I've found articles on the 1992, 1993, 2005, 2006 and 2007 shows

http://s490.photobucket.com/albums/rr268/aukcc/pppcc/

1995 Bonneville SSEi (North Vancouver, BC)
aukc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aukc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2009 at 12:27am
hey, I just read all the messages in this topic, there are at least a couple references to this being the last show, what the heck you guys talking about? 
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2009 at 2:34am

Originally posted by aukc aukc wrote:

hey, I just read all the messages in this topic, there are at least a couple references to this being the last show, what the heck you guys talking about? 

Well, with GM dropping the Pontiac line, it would appear there's little chance that a Honda dealer is going to step up to the plate next year and help finance an "All Pontiac" show.

If you know otherwise, please fill us in!

aukc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aukc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2009 at 7:14am

so the issue is money, not lack of interest.

there are other local car clubs that represent brands that no longer exist (oldsmobile for example) and they still manage to find a way to put on shows every year,

aukc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aukc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2009 at 10:04pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic