West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Buy / Sell » Engines / Transmissions and Related Parts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WTB: 86 Auto V6 ECM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZeroC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTB: 86 Auto V6 ECM
    Posted: 31 March 2007 at 7:57pm

Any One Have A Spare ...Name Your Price's

Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2007 at 10:29pm
Remember that all 86/87/88 V6 ECM's are the same (should be a 7170 IIRC).

Just the PROM chips are different.

And if you don't have the correct one I can burn you one for $20.
(I have dupes of all the originals)

Blair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Blair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2007 at 6:43am
Dr Fiero, can you burn me a police officery of the chip you made for Dave's 85 v6 5 speed?
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2007 at 9:38am
Is there an insane whacked automatic spell checker built into the forum or something?!

I had originally typed "c o p i e s  o f" (without the spaces) and it changed it to "police officery"! 

Then I changed it to read: "dupes of" and it was fine.

Aaaaaanyhow!  Yeah, I'm pretty sure I have a police officery of that one still.  Bear in mind if your engine isn't identical (and they never are) it might not work as well.  Then again, it might work better.  ;)

Blair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Blair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2007 at 10:16am
If it works best on modified engines than I should be ok. If you think that another chip will work better I'm interested. I can e-mail you with a list of mods if it helps but it's a long list.
ZeroC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZeroC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2007 at 2:44pm
Well Does Anyone Have The One Im Looking For ...
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2007 at 6:48pm

The chip that John made for me was designed for

2.9 V6 with at least a 280adv duration cam, 208@0.50 duration. .450 or more lift. 19# injectors, double underdrive pulley. (idle was raised to 1000 or 1200 can't remember exactly) Fuel curve was altered to lean it out a bit at lower rpms and richen it up at higher rpms.  Timing was retarded a bit at high rpms so we could run more initial advance at low rpms when the cylinder pressure was low due to the large cam, then as cylinder pressure increased the timing was brought back so there would not be any detonation.  This proved to be the most significant modification to the program.  The engine would rev clean to 6500rpms yet still have lots of bottom end torque.  Running it a bit lean at the bottom end kept the low rpm throttle response very crisp. With an adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator I ran the injectors at 36psi for daily driving and 42psi for sustained highway blasting.  When I had the dry nitrous kit on the car I ran the injectors at about 50psi which is the max recommended for the mustang 19# injectors.  The EGR system was deleted completly so I could remove the entire EGR Pod, Valve and all related vacuume lines.  Drivability increased due to the fact that the motor was no longer injesting hot exhaust gas, however wide open throttle had little to no change as the factory system shuts down the EGR at full throttle.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
ZeroC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZeroC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 2:01pm
..So Is This A No ...
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 2:06pm
I have got a stack of ECM's here.  However I don't know what cars they came from and or what chips they might have had in them.  If you want to do some of the research or find someone that knows what ECM numbers vs Chip numbers you need, post it up and I will check the next time I am in the garage.  Heck between Blair, Myself and Craker we probably have at least one ECM for every model of Fiero ever made.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 6:08pm
Pick out a 1227170 ECM (look at the broadcast code number).

The prom chip for 86 auto (federal, not california) would have been:
aatc4620
 -or-
fba1819

ZeroC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZeroC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2007 at 8:11am
dave do you have the one listed above...give me a price and i will swing by with money
ZeroC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZeroC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2007 at 6:23pm
Anyone >>>>>> ????
ZeroC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZeroC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2007 at 11:35am
PLEASE ......... I Wanna Play With My Car This Weekend
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2007 at 6:25pm
I have on here, 20 bucks sound fair.  Or you got something you would rather trade for it.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2007 at 9:45pm
And if it's got the wrong PROM - 'nother $20 gets you the right one.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic