West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » General Fiero Chat » General Talk about Fieros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Andrew aka Mizer 87 se Fiero.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote 3.1fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Andrew aka Mizer 87 se Fiero.
    Posted: 08 September 2009 at 7:05pm
Im going to be coming out to the meeting on saturday and Im really excited to see all the other fieros. I was looking around the site and found pictures of my, "Andrews old fiero" car and was wondering if any of you knew anything about it really. I did a motor swap on the car a while ago and love it. thanks.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2009 at 7:38pm

Great, it'll be good to see a new Fiero owner at the meeting. After reading This thread of yours, I'm sure there'll be a few questions thrown your way on what you've done!

3.1fiero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 3.1fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2009 at 8:11pm
I need a couple parts so that will help haha
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2009 at 8:41pm
I can't hang around for this chat, as my doc is sending me off to the Langley Emerg, however if there is a small list of parts you are looking for, it would be a good idea to post up the list and if someone has it, they can bring it to the meeting for you.  (assuming you and the seller can make a deal before hand)
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
3.1fiero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 3.1fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2009 at 9:02pm
both headlight motors, sunroof seal, and the EGR Component. Also wondering where you can get some of the really cool looking tail lights. thanks 
ZeroC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZeroC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2009 at 9:27pm
i know a thing or 2 about it ..he is a good friend of mine
what do you want to know
3.1fiero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 3.1fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2009 at 9:50pm
mainly which springs he put in, if any. Im gonna drop it a bit more after winter. And if he got any paint work done on it at any point in time.
Im going to be repainting the roof, and the rear hood and spoiler and need to know if that is factory paint. makes my job a little easier knowing haha. thats a beautiful GT. thanks again
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2009 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by 3.1fiero 3.1fiero wrote:

both headlight motors...

You and me both, brother. Well, I just need the one. Have you made sure it's the motors, by the way? Occasionally the relays go instead.
Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
3.1fiero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 3.1fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2009 at 11:26pm
definantly the motors lol, motors spin but no longer grab
ZeroC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZeroC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2009 at 11:43pm
motors just need to be rebuilt ..you will be able to rebuild them 10x cheaper then buying used ...and rebuilts work like new ...pretty easy to do

as for springs pretty sure they are stock ..if not they may be stock springs with a coil cut off ...i know i gave him a set but im not sure if he put them in
only paint work i know of was the fenders after he put the trans am scoops in them ... im sure it was probably repainted once in its life ..it was pretty good when he got it ....but i cant confirm ..all i can confirm is the fenders are repainted ..pretty recently

as for the gt ..you should buy it ..im sellin it lol
3.1fiero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 3.1fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2009 at 10:35am
yea i got a full set of springs with the car but was not sure if they were lowering springs or not. Clear coat is fading a bit in a couple places so i will be re painting it. Haha maybe, Ill have to see on saturday. Thanks again. 
ZeroC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZeroC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2009 at 10:52am
ok the springs that you got were the ones i cut then ...originally out of my gt 
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2009 at 4:30pm

Like Zero said if the motors spin but don't go up, it just needs repair not replacement.    I recently just did that rebuild for a lady.  If you drive the car here, drop it off and pick it up its $125 start to finish.

If you want to pull the headlight Assembly's then pull the motors, then bring just the motors to me, I'll rebuild them and hand them back to you for $50 bucks.

Or if you want to do the entire job yourself, it can be done for about $5 in parts.

What Zero did not touch on is your motors are 87/88 style, they use a clutch type mechanism and not the normal torque gear that fails i n the early style.  The clutch is basically 3 Derlin disc's.  They are not really disc's but that's what people call them.  They can be replaced, but garden variety, off the shelf "glue sticks.  Ya know the hot melt glue sticks. 

I was going to do a full tutorial on them at one point and have all the pics here, just never got around to writing the full several dozen page instruction set to go along with the pics.

I have rebuilt over 6 different headlight motors and all are working perfect.     Its not exactly brain dead easy, but if you have done an engine swap and are mechanical inclined, you should not have any problems doing it.    If you want to drop me an email at capt@captfiero.com I can forward you the same email I sent out to the last person about the procedure in rebuilding the motors, or you can just say screw it and bring them here.  Tis up to you.   I am not exactly Mobil at the moment, torn MCL and possible ACL in my knee, doctor says I have a blown blood vessel in my knee and that is whats causing the real pain and extreme inflammation.  (right knee is the size of a cantaloupe)  So you you want me to do the full job, I'll probably need some help from you, in the removal from the car part, then I can do pull from the housings and dismantle the motors here at my desk.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
3.1fiero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 3.1fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2009 at 5:46pm
cool stuff, Nah Ill just go for it myself, thanks for the offer though. I'll definantly email you if i get real stuck, but ive done harder things haha
Thanks again
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic