Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

We need more Media

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: We need more Media
    Posted: 21 September 2009 at 1:46pm

So our web host just contacted me, and gave me a notice, they are upping out monthly bandwidth allotment to "unlimited"    Not that we ever got close to the to old limit.  We also don't use anywhere close to our max data on the server.  So I think we should change that.   We don't want to go nuts, as we do need room to expand later, but I think an extra 50gb of stuff would be cool.

Package Usage

< id=group_consumption =egroup>Usage
Disk Space
38829 MB of 250000 MB in use
Transfer Volume unlimited
File Usage
79071 of 262144 files in use
< id=group_basics =egroup>Basics
E-mail 22 of 2500 mailboxes in use
Domain 3 of 3  included domains have been registered

So here is what I am looking for,

1. Do you have a stash of Fiero Videos, non copyrighted of course.

2.  DO you have any other sort of Fiero media that needs a place to be hosted.    

3.  We can't host anything copyrighted, however there is a grey area, like out of print scanned copies of books and magazines.  We have kinda ventured into that direction and not had any complaints in the past. 

I can set up people with there own Dir to upload videos and media files to and then have a web address to download them from.    Our current site designer Graeme is working on some sort of in house Video streaming app, so we would have our own private You Tube style application built right into the forum.   So videos old and new could be uploaded and then streamed right inside a forum thread.   Patrick has spoken to Graeme regarding codecs used and I am sure that whatever is put together will exceed any of our dreams.   

The current video Dir is just that a Dir, you kinda have to know what you are looking for, then download the entire video, this new system should allow you to stream the video and decide if you want the entire video or not.   For the record the current video Dir is http://www.captfiero.com/videos      Oh and I will be adding a new sub link so the link will be http://www.videos.westcoastfieros.com  (not active yet)

The only stuff our host has stepped up with is, music files or anything that is MP3, I think they have a script that scans for MP3's and sends us a warning almost instantly.     Then I have to personally respond and explain the content is not prirate stuff.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2009 at 2:19pm

Originally posted by Capt Fiero Capt Fiero wrote:

Patrick has spoken to Graeme regarding codecs used and I am sure that whatever is put together will exceed any of our dreams.

As usual I'm behind on projects, but yes, Graeme and I talked about it at the meeting, and now he's just waiting for me to send him some info regarding what utilities, settings, etc have worked well for me up to this point. I suspect he'll compare this to what he's already familiar with.

Graeme is a knowledgable guy, and I'm sure once he sets something up for uploading, downloading and streaming (viewing) videos at this site it'll be great.

beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 1:11pm
I just took the 10 pictures of my car required for collector plate registration the other day. I can send them in.

Somebody in my neighbourhood came over and asked if I was selling my car and wanted first dibs on it.

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic