West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » General Fiero Chat » General Talk about Fieros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

new and saying Hi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 12:38am
This software isn't the newest version and so it doesn't have the most up to date items for it I guess. I can code that in but it'll take time because I'm trying to clear my plate of work at the moment. Once done of course then everybody would have to update their profiles.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 11:20am

Originally posted by Graeme Graeme wrote:

This software isn't the newest version and so it doesn't have the most up to date items for it I guess.

Graeme, I'm just somewhat surprised that even the original version of any forum software wouldn't include a place for member's to indicate their location, other than "Canada". It just seems like such basic information!

With some forums, I suppose it wouldn't make any difference as all contact between posters is strictly over the 'net. However, with a car forum such as this one, our members actually get together (as you and I well know) to help each other with their cars and of course buy/sell parts and whole cars. We need to know which city each other resides!

I've seen it time and time again here where the assumption is made (by most of us at some time or another) that people posting in this forum are located in the Lower Mainland. Well, obviously that's not the case, and it would be great to nip this confusion in the bud with each member's location prominently displayed over on the left (or at least mentioned in their profile).

So yeah, it would be wonderful, Graeme, if at some point you could code that feature into the software. Thanks.

Buddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Buddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 12:02pm
...see what I mean?
Graeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 1:35pm
I'm not sure who buddy is.. and I have no idea what he means, but Patrick if it's that big of a deal to you then put it in your signature maybe. Everybody has the option to make a signature, just put your personal information in there.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 1:55pm

Originally posted by Graeme Graeme wrote:

Patrick if it's that big of a deal to you then put it in your signature

Graeme, there's no need for me to put this information in my signature because it's already indicated below my avatar.

If nobody else agrees that knowing the location of other forum/club members would be helpful, then let's just forget about it.

84 Indy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 84 Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 6:56pm
well here it is sure it isnt the fastest but its also about style! it has 116,688km on it

Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 7:25pm

very nice car

Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 7:26pm
Slowest of the pack, but....  VERY nice!

If the interior is as nice as the exterior...  and it's all original....  I'd say it's a no brainer to get your collector plates right now!  Remember you have to have one other vehicle fully insured at all times.

84 Indy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 84 Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 7:38pm
no worries there i have a 98 4runner and a 90 E350 with 16ft deck, and yes the interior is also clean but does have wear on the side bolsters of the seats from use

Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 7:44pm
I know a guy in town here who's neighbor does upholstery work.  Was going to ask him about the bolsters of the leather seats in my S10.

The red isn't damaged, just the white?

84 Indy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 84 Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 7:47pm
ya the reds fine
they are more of a grey
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 8:09pm

For $2000 you got an excellent deal.

Graeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2009 at 11:05am
Very nice, good purchase!
84 Indy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 84 Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2009 at 7:56pm
thanks, have fun with it today, was my firat practice lap on the course but got faster
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqWPNeLJVQI

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2009 at 8:50pm

"Telephone pole... Watch the pole!"

84 Indy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 84 Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2009 at 8:53pm
my buddy thinks hes a comedian! my last autocross car I rearended a truck going from 60km to 0 in 50ft, was a sprint turbo
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2009 at 8:58pm

Originally posted by 84 Indy 84 Indy wrote:

my buddy thinks hes a comedian!

Sounded to me like he was genuinely concerned as opposed to just trying to be funny!

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2009 at 9:01pm
Well my plan is to get the V8 done and take it out to a few autocross days.  Not going to be trying for speed or winning, I just want to have fun with the car.   If I come out in last place, but with a huge smile on my face, I won't care. 
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
84 Indy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 84 Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2009 at 9:22pm
we ran 2 courses, got 6th of 12 on the first and 12 of 12th on the second but didnt care either it was all good
84 Indy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 84 Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2009 at 7:39pm
another photo from the track photographer i was making a right hand with left slide and managed to miss that cone!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic