Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Meetings, and Events Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2010 Drives Looks like some Real Driving

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2010 Drives Looks like some Real Driving
    Posted: 05 December 2009 at 5:15pm

So 2010 Runs.  I'm not planning them, however I'll drop the seed here to get some chatter.

Some of the hot topics were,

Island Highway Run  + Great driving - $120 Return Ferry cost, plus overnight expenses.

Big loop around the back side of Whistler.  2 day drive, great roads.  + Great Roads, places many of us have never been.  - Overnight Run, extremely long distance if someone breaks down and needs a tow home. Might be cheaper to leave the car and buy a new one when you get back.  

Washington Day Drive.  Another unique run we have never done.  Only draw back I can thin of is Customs.   Everyone needs a passport. 

We can always roll up our club camping trip into one of the overnight runs.  We be pretty cool to drive the country side, checking out stuff, having fun, then pull into a campsite, hang out with friends, have a few drinks, then get up the next morning and get back to cruising.

We'll need dates planned, routes, times, all that kind of stuff.  Someone should make sure and bring a calender to the Jan club meeting to write down all this info.

If Zero people stand up to plan events, then they probably won't get done, and they just won't happen.    So get your thinking caps on, and stand up to take charge at just one event.  We need bright eager people.   Think you are too young? I was only 20 when I started this club.   Think you are too old, there are plenty of club reps in the states that do it as a retirement gig.   All it takes is a few mins a day to manage one event. 

So we had lots of people recommending drives at the October meeting.  Lets get the chatter going....

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
grokan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote grokan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2009 at 4:52pm
could we add a run on the sea-to-sky? this road is like
right out of a videogame
Lets get it sideways
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2010 at 12:19am

Can you organize the run?  Maps, Time's, do lots of advertising on all the major Fiero sources?   I'd love to see this run done again especially in my V8.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic