Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Meetings, and Events Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jan 9th Club Meeting Reminder

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jan 9th Club Meeting Reminder
    Posted: 07 January 2010 at 11:31pm

Meeting Address 8720 204th St , Langley , BC 

Meeting starts at 7pm, with people usually arriving at 6:30 to hang out and talk cars.

Many of you have met Nigel our English Member (hmm that does not sound right) our guy from the other side of the pond. (Even that does not sound right, but he is leaving us.  This will be his final meeting and I would like everyone to come and say their good-byes.   You can read more about his departure here, http://westcoastfieros.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1663   

Ok guys and gals this is the first meeting of the 2010 West Coast Fiero's club.  We didn't get a whole lot covered at the December meeting as the Christmas party took up more of the time than expected.  It was nice to be able to shake off the normal bureaucratic stuff for a meeting and just relax. So it's time to get into gear and burn some rubber.

I personally would like to see this club get a little crazy this year.  Actually lose a bit of the structure and return to the craziness that we had in the years past.     This winter has been pretty slow in terms of club events and even the weather.  Normally at least a few of us have gone out snow drifting by now and that has not happened, so I'd like to open the floor to discussion of getting together to do that, as well as some Friday night cruises, or even Bar / Dance nights.    Coffee's cool too.   Hit up the Starbucks in Langley with a few of our "street racing" buddies.  Swap stories on power adders in the cars.  Swap some stories on who has gotten busted for what, or what to watch out for.  My V8 is getting closer each day to getting on the road, and when it does, I am going to setup at least 1 night run to Harrison.  

If I could get everyone to think back to their teenage years and remember some of the cool crazy stuff they did........  The stuff that when you remember it, you can't help but smile.    I know for some of you it might be a little further back to remember than others, but for the most of us, I think we are still young enough to remember.       I.E our own Mr. Craker drag racing a Civic vs. his Motorcycle the catch was he had to start from a seated position on the side of the road, then get on his bike, fire it up and try to catch the Civic before it got to the finish line.         Myself lining up with random Mustangs, being laughed at right up to the point that I had them by 2 car lengths before we even made it to 200ft out of the hole.   The burnout competitions that happened with club members in front of another club members house, and the ensuing Coke-a-Cola burnouts.       Now to really add to the freaky nature, all this juvenile delinquent stuff was not that long ago, it was within the last 8 years of club activity.     We use to have a TON OF FUN, and ya know what, I think we can again.        Another good one, I have video of I think 6 of us, holding up the back of Lisa's V6 Automatic Fiero one night, so that she could do a good standing burnout.   It can be tricky finding places to lift a fibreglass car with your bare hands, but it is possible.

Now on to organized events,  a Dyno Day.  This has been suggested many a time, but no one ever really jumps in when the time comes.   So  this year, I say we do it, period, we just do it.  Mopac now has experience tying down Fiero's to the rollers, so I figure that is where we will go.  Hughe has had his car done there several times now, so we can talk to him about his experience at the next meeting.

The Mission Street Legal program is still in full swing, and I'd like to know how many people would be up for a Fiero day at the track.    Possibly even doing a Test and Tune day rather than a street legal event.   The Test and Tune is a bit more expensive but you get a lot more track time.

Brian and Austin are still really active with the Autocross racing.  Brian's Fiero has proven to be really competitive out on the track and frankly doesn't have any major exotic mods that the average owner can't complete in his or her's driveway.     If you buy Nigel's 86GT you are already 3/4 the way to being there.  Nigel's car even comes with a spare set of wheels you can mount your race tires to.   The price for Nigel's car is being withheld until the club meeting, and frankly its less than what many people have paid for near stock cars in his condition.   I'll give ya a hint though, there is 10-12,000 invested in the engine/drive train combination and the selling price is considerably less than 1/2 that.     If you want detailed info regarding the car feel free to speak to myself or Nigel.   I have recently done a fair bit of work to the car and Nigel has asked me to provide details on the overall car for people.

Let's see other cool events, the All Pontiac Show, the Arlington Fiero Show, and 2 toss up shows, the Langley Cruise In, as well as the New West Car show.    The 3 local shows are more for the people that want to have the judging and show off really nice cars, the Arlington Show is not so much a show, but an excuse for us to all get together, and cruise down the I-5 through Washington together.    Last year was probably one of the most fun as it was the first year we did the Leap Frog style run, letting everyone get in the driving style they chose.

So again the meeting info the Langley Rickey's on 204th Street.  Also known as Port Kells or Walnut Grove.  Get off of Trans Canada at 200th street head North, hang a right on 88th Ave and then right again at 204th street.   If you end up at the culdisack, whip a quick smokey burnout and make a right into the parking lot.    

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic