West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Technical Topics Forum » Build Threads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

84 2m4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote rumonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 84 2m4
    Posted: 14 February 2010 at 12:24pm
i picked up an 85 2m4 that i was planning on fixing a few months ago, on the way home i blew the motor (Damnit!) i was looking for a replacement motor when i came across this 84, that was sitting out in sooke. i was in a minor front end crash a few years ago and had been sitting for at least the last 18+ months. it hadn't been started or anything since the crash. i started talking to the guy that owned it, he told me that he had owned it since 1990 and passed it on to his son a few years and not long after he hit something. the motor was rebuilt about a year before the accident and only had about 10000K on it. he spent just over 2600$ to rebuild it. it also just had a fresh coat of paint on it. other than the damage on the front, and a little bit of wear on the interior, this thing is mint. there's not even the smallest scratch on the rims, they are perfect, and the tires are brand new. the old owner sparred no expence on this car, if the part was due to be replaced, it was replaced. he had all of the receipts since the day he owned it. after talking to him a few times i got the car for 300$. i took the car back to the shop and started playing with it, after fogging the engine, changing plugs and oil, i tried to start it and it fired up INSTANTLY! even with 2 year old gas. i pulled of the front end to inspect the damge, there is a little bit of frame damage but not to bad. next week i'm going up island where the donor car is parked and i'm going to cut the front off of that one and get it welded on the 84. then it's just a matter of putting on a new hood and nose, the back to the paint shop to get the front done. i am lucky since my boss has a full race car fabrication shop so i can get all the frame work and welding done there. the site doesn't want to let me upload and picks so here's a link

http://s476.photobucket.com/albums/rr130/rumonk/fiero/

i'll continue updating picks as they come. i'm hopping to have this thing ready in the next few months and i'm gonna give it my best shot to get over to the mainland for one of the meetings this summer.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic