West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Technical Topics Forum » Build Threads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Red to Grimm Dragon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2010 at 12:32pm

thanks capt, i haven't been called nutz in a while

also as soon as my back feels better I will be working on the suspension again as I NEED to get this car back on it's own wheels.. Parts are piling up and are begging to be used.. then again so are the tools..  lol

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2010 at 1:07pm

Well I saw your tranny today, first time I have been to the lockup in a while, man she is a chunky one for sure, looks like with some surgery here and there cut off a little here, clearance a few holes, should be good to shove it right in. 

All kidding aside, it does look like a beast.  I see it gots an open diff is there any kit to convert it into either an LSD or better yet an air locker type of setup.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2010 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Capt Fiero Capt Fiero wrote:

Well I saw your tranny today, first time I have been to the lockup in a while, man she is a chunky one for sure, looks like with some surgery here and there cut off a little here, clearance a few holes, should be good to shove it right in. 

All kidding aside, it does look like a beast.  I see it gots an open diff is there any kit to convert it into either an LSD or better yet an air locker type of setup.

not too sure about the locker.. going to have to look into it

Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2010 at 3:46pm

finally some progress,

and I got to say I am a very happy guy, I will let the pictures do the talking for me...

lower mount

upper mount welded in

all in and painted

and my fave pic.... look at that tuck...  coulda gone lower but the stupid wheel well got in the way

DaCoupe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DaCoupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2010 at 8:35pm
Cant wait to see it on all four wheels aired out heheheh
Built not Bought!!!!
Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2010 at 8:47pm

Originally posted by DaCoupe DaCoupe wrote:

Cant wait to see it on all four wheels aired out heheheh

soon my friend soon

Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2010 at 6:20pm
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2010 at 12:25am
Damn thats low, you need to take a few steps back and get a good side on shot.  That looks amazing.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2010 at 11:03pm

sorry there has been no progress in a while, once I get some time grimm will be getting some more attenetion... will keep you all posted

Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2010 at 2:35am
Well once you get all this overtime taken care of, you will have time and the cash to play with the car again.  However better get that garage sorted out so you can put it in there or its going to be a long winter of no tinkering.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2010 at 8:12pm

oh there will still be tinkering in the winter, even if I habe to build a tent over it to work on it

Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2010 at 8:16pm

Glad to hear that.  I'd hate to see it go another winter just sitting.  We should find you a spare rear cradle so you can pick up the trans from the locker and start putting a motor together get it bolted to the trans and setting up cradle mounts for the entire thing.  That is unless you are going to try and find a TORONADO Cradle to use? 

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2010 at 8:21pm
no not going to use a toro cradle, as soon as I have the room in the garage that was the plan
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2012 at 11:04pm

March 27th is Chris's aka Fire451's Birthday, so lets all wish him a happy birthday.

Happy Birthday Mr. Zander  (Zander is his other nickname)

Man did you ever think that by this time in your life, you would be settled down with a wife and 2 kids.  (with me just months behind you on having the 2nd kid)

P.S. please excuse the multiple postings as I am going to plaster this in all your Fiero threads.  HeHe.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic