West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Buy / Sell » Engines / Transmissions and Related Parts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FS V8 Conversion and Trans

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote alkyride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FS V8 Conversion and Trans
    Posted: 04 May 2010 at 6:49pm

For Sale. V8 Conversion with Transmission.

Call 250-490-7193  or 250-276-4208

Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 7:40pm
more info, pics and price
alkyride View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote alkyride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 8:36pm

Sorry for the lack of details, I will have more info by the weekend.  I have a new trans, new adapter, and some more of the conversion parts that I bought as as part of a package deal.  I have no use for the trans or the V8 Fiero conversion parts.  I believe the conversion kit and trans was around the 2000 to 2500 dollar mark retail. Everything has been installed but never run.  I am just looking for a fair offer.  I will have everything by Saturday evening and should be able to post some pics and more info Sunday sometime.

Regards,

Gary.

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 9:13pm

Is this an Archie Kit or a Zumalt designe?  What year Chevy V8 was it bolted to, was the trans a Muncie or a Getrag or an Isuzu or an Auto?  

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
alkyride View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote alkyride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 10:00pm

Not sure on the make of the kit.  The Chevy V8 was a 400, not sure of the exact year.  It is an automatic trans.  More info once I pick this stuff up on the weekend. Possibly sooner.

Here is a picture of the kit. Also included is the rebuilt trans (zero miles), new alternator, new starter modified to fit with kit, new torque convertor, belt for alternator and crank damper, oil filter relocation adapter and lines.

Offers please.

May have available a Fiero GT, new paint, rear engine/suspension frame modified for the above kit.  Add your small block, exhaust and carb......have fun.

It appears this is the Archie kit (automatic trans).

Gary.

alkyride View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote alkyride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2010 at 6:34pm

This kit and trans still for sale.  Offers please.

Gary.

alkyride@shaw.ca

alkyride View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote alkyride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2010 at 11:35am

Fiero sold.  Kit and trans still for sale.  Can anyone recommend a site where this may spark some interest?

Thanks,

Gary.

Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2010 at 12:13pm

you could try

Http://www.fiero.nl

Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2010 at 3:45pm
You could also post an actual asking price.   

If anyone's interested - an easy swap would be the above kit, and add on my 4.3L V6 (it's a 350, missing 2 cyl's!) for $250.

Since the V6 is about 5" shorter, it's almost a drop in (no frame diddling required).

alkyride View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote alkyride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2010 at 6:41pm

Ok, let's try $1200.oo for everything including the rebuilt trans and convertor.  Everything in the picture. Open to offers.  It has to go.  It is taking up space in the shop.

Thanks for the help.

Gary

250-276-4208 or 250-490-7193

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic