Forum Home Forum Home ยป General Fiero Chat ยป General Talk about Fieros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Driving Fast and the Highway

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Driving Fast and the Highway
    Posted: 10 May 2007 at 7:01pm

Well I am guilty of driving faster than the law allows in my Fiero.  I don't deny the fact that I get carried way in my little 2 seater. Well it looks like I had better be watching to the sky as well as ahead of me from now on if I choose to drive faster than I should on the highway.  3 people from 19-22 were busted going through Coquitlam and across the Port Mann bridge at what is classed as excessive speeds.  How did they get caught.  The new RCMP Helipolice officer spotted them.   (just a side note, doesn't that expensive Helopolice officerter officer have something better to do than chase people driving too fast)

Police helipolice officerter helps Mounties nab street racers

Thursday, May 10 - 03:05:04 PM Karen Thomson

LANGLEY (NEWS1130) - Another example of how the Lower Mainland Police Traffic Helipolice officerter is making our roads safer. Police say the crew of "Air 1" was able to videotape 3 cars speeding westbound along Highway One in Coquitlam. The pilot notified officers of the Port Mann Traffic Services, after determining the cars were racing.

All three drivers, between the ages of 19 and 22, have been charged with excessive speeding and could lose their licenses. The RCMP is planning on posting the video on their "Air 1" website.

Local Archive Send to your friends
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
MiZer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiZer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 10:28pm

Originally posted by Capt Fiero Capt Fiero wrote:

(just a side note, doesn't that expensive helipolice officerter have something better to do than chase people driving too fast)

Well if people diddnt feel the need to drive like morons and risk other peoples lives at the expense of some fun, then maybe the police officer would have time to do these "better things"

speed limits are there for a reason.

im not saying im perfect, but you wont catch me rat racing on the freeway.

Graeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 11:12pm

Agreed, there are far too many morons who think they are race car drivers. If they get a few more of them off the road, then great.

Not to say I'm a perfect stay the speed limit kind of guy, but I rarely exceed 120 on the highway so I suppose that's not bad.

DaCoupe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DaCoupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 10:05am

A true definition to eye in the sky! Good to see that they are putting the helipolice officerters to good use.

p.s I need to get a sunroof in my car now :)

Built not Bought!!!!
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 6:31pm
I really need to remove that word changing filter.  It was put in place so that people can't use derogatory words.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic