Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Meetings, and Events Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

May19th Stanley Park Run

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: May19th Stanley Park Run
    Posted: 14 May 2007 at 10:12pm

Ok the run. 

3:30pm meet up.

4:pm leave McDonald's.

5:30pm Get to Stanley Park, Cruise around the park and take pics, park walk around, do the usual stuff, till around 7:00. 

7:PM cut across the Lions Gate Bridge into North Vancouver.  Maybe hit up Capilano Mall.

8:00 PM Head to the Red Robin for Dinner. Relax and have fun.

10:00pm head for home. 

I am not sure the exact route we are taking yet.  It kinda depends on who and how many people show up and what the group wants to do.  There are 2 main routes we are looking at taking.   So if you plan to catch us en-route, please call my cell to find out where we are.

1st Option, Leave McDonald’s and take 152nd to Highway 1 and head for Vancouver via Hastings Street and down to Stanley Park

2nd Option is to go through New West and take Marine Drive down into Vancouver. (I don’t know the way but sounds like fun)

I was considering the 99 or 91 via the Tunnel however with some of our members wanting to meat us along the way that are coming from Squamish as well as New West/Burnaby and even Langley.  It would be one heck of a back track for them to come out towards Richmond.  (I don’t think I heard a single person speak up from the Richmond side or I would have given that route more consideration)

We are starting the run in Surrey, at the Guildford McDonald's parking lot.   (Aprx 152nd Street and 102ave.)

Radio’s.  Set to GRMS Chanel 20.  If you don’t have one, let me know and I will bring spares.

Food.  You can grab a bite to eat on the way in, or eat at McDonald's before we leave.  I would highly recommend bringing a few snacks with you in case you get hungry at Stanley Park.

We will be stopping to eat at Red Robins in North Van later in the evening. 

My cell is 604-807-2623

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 7:09pm

What happened on driving on Marine staright through to UBC, stop at Spanish Banks or Kits...then through Stanley Park to Lion's Gate and North Shore?.

I have to work until 4-5pm so I am already DT...I'll call ya David...been real busy

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2007 at 6:46pm

Looks like I won't be able to go...my assistant is sick and I'll have to work.

If this changes I'll call Capt on your cell...if you drive by GM Place honk...I might be out on Pacific having a bad habit...lol

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 11:50am

We ended up taking Marine Drive out to Spanish Banks and then into Stanley Park.  Then the crowd kinda broke up, and we decided to nix North Van, and went to the Richmond Night Market.  All in all it was not a bad run.  Only 4 cars on the run so it was a bit on the small side.

For the record, we had

Austin in his 86GT,

Clynt in his 87 V8

Lisa and In my 88GT and

John Cascarejo in his 85GT

I got pulled over and given a ticket for Window Tint which kinda sucked.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 12:13pm
Hey Clynt, did you bring your puppy?
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 6:28pm
If you are talking about his Dog, nope he did not have it with him.  
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic