Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Performance Driving
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Morrisport Advanced Driving

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Morrisport Advanced Driving
    Posted: 10 August 2010 at 8:41pm

Ok...I am getting a little excited...actually excited to go to school...lol. Confirmation of details for Thursday, I'll take as many pics and video as I can, I'll have an instructor with me most times also

Hello Everyone,

We are very proud to announce that the Thursday August 12th event is sold out and we thank you all for your support.

Please take a read through all of the attached documents. We will direct you into the Pre Grid area for a Tech Inspection as soon as you arrive.   

We’re looking forward to another amazing event!  

Thanks again,

Tony  

Important reminders:

• Get a good night's rest and please arrive at the track at 8 AM
  • Mandatory Driver’s Meeting at Main Tent – 8:40 AM
  • First Session 9:00 AM  
  • Long Pants only in street cars - You can wear shorts and bring long pants to put over them when you are out on the track if you like. 
  • Remove all loose objects from the interior such as unattached floor mats, umbrellas, air fresheners etc.
  • Full tank of gas
  • Make sure your car is running well
  • Appropriate tire pressures and minimum 50% tread – No winter tires
  • Brakes should be in good working condition with minimum 50% pad-life remaining
  • No loose objects in engine bay (intake, battery)
  • Fluid levels topped-up
  • No leaks on your car
  • No Roof Racks  
  • Ensure lug nuts are properly torqued, no loose wheels/wheel bearings *Bring lock nut keys if necessary
  • If you have a helmet, please bring it – We do have some helmets to lend out but may have to be shared.
  • Bring an umbrella and/or a hat and wear comfortable, non-intrusive shoes (no boots or high heels)
  • A Rubbermaid bin is a great idea for storing your loose articles at the track
  • Street Car exhaust systems must include a properly baffled exhaust (resonator, etc.)  This is to meet the City of Mission by-laws for acceptable    decibel levels.  If you are unsure of your exhaust level, please come prepared with a silencer if necessary.  EXCESSIVELY loud cars are not allowed.
  • Race cars must meet sound level as is stipulated by CACC/SCCB.
  • Exhaust noise is policed and enforced by River’s Edge Roadcourse Track Management.
  • Please respect the City of Mission posted speed limits.
  • The speed limit on the entire Mission Raceway facility is 20 KM/PH including the road leading to the sign-in gate.

web - www.morrisport.com

tel - 604.341.3884

CPAWC Member

www.cpawc.com

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2010 at 8:19am

Car ran well with the exception of the temp light coming on around the 4th-5th lap, so need to work this out...brakes held

Here's a vid on the 3rd run...passenger mirror is loose or something, drove me nuts!, you can here this rattle...lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-hCHxQ_jUA

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic