West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Off Topic » Got something you want to talk about.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need some advice on dog muzzles

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2011 at 8:25am

Because, Johnny Boy, other people are stupid, and the government always sides with stupid people.

I had someone else's dog get into my backyard (It's owner apparently having let it dug in) and Dakota bit it's ear: $500 fine, and Dakota almost got put down for it.

Even if you warn people, all it takes is one dumb person to not heed an obvious warning, and suddenly Frankie is the one in trouble.

Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2011 at 11:34am

Originally posted by Car-2-Lo Car-2-Lo wrote:

Yes I know you covered that at first, but why after 10 years, what took you so long then, why now  

Well first of all, we didn't get Frankie until she was five years old!

Second, we hadn't had a problem with unleased dogs rushing up to Frankie while she's on-leash until Anne moved into her present home two years ago.

At the dog park or in the woods when all the dogs are off-leash, there are no problems with Frankie and the other hounds.

Originally posted by Car-2-Lo Car-2-Lo wrote:

Then it's not poor Frankie's fault, the owner should have full control and warn other dogs and people...

Which dog's "owner" you referring to?

The first time we had a problem was when the neighbor's dog came out of nowhere and attacked Frankie just as Anne was leaving her yard with Frankie for a walk. The little bastard scratched or bit Frankie's eye in the melee, and the resulting vet bill ended up costing Anne $150 as Frankie's eye got infected.

Dogs have good memories, and needless to say Frankie HATES that dog now. I don't blame her. The problem is that the other dog's owner continually let's it out of their yard off-leash. I've had that same fricken dog run up to Frankie when I've had Frankie out for a walk. It's pretty difficult trying to maintain order when you've got an upset husky on-leash looking for payback while a quick little dog is off-leash darting in and out snapping at your ankles. I'm almost inclined to let Frankie off her leash to finish off the little bastard.

I've told the owner face to face to either keep his dog in his yard or on-leash. He did it for about a month. Now he's dog-sitting two other dogs and guess what he's currently doing? He rides his bike around the neighborhood while all three dogs run free pooping and barking behind him!

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2011 at 11:39am

Originally posted by Romeo Romeo wrote:

Because, Johnny Boy, other people are stupid, and the government always sides with stupid people... all it takes is one dumb person to not heed an obvious warning, and suddenly Frankie is the one in trouble.

Exactly. We're doing our best trying to prevent further canine confrontations, but we're not getting much cooperation from these neighbors.

kharmata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kharmata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2011 at 11:42am
Frakin inconsiderate people!!! They should be forced to clean
up poop by hand.
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2011 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

Because, Johnny Boy, other people are stupid, and the government always sides with stupid people... all it takes is one dumb person to not heed an obvious warning, and suddenly Frankie is the one in trouble.

Exactly. We're doing our best trying to prevent further canine confrontations, but we're not getting much cooperation from these neighbors.

You should punch him.

...Just sayin'.

Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2011 at 12:48pm

You should punch him.

...Just sayin'.

Believe me, I sometimes feel like it. However, I need to watch myself (including what I say to him) as I'm not at Anne's place all the time and I don't wish to makes things more difficult for her and the kids (and the hound) while I'm not there to oversee the situation.

Okay, Frankster and I are off into the woods now. She's been waiting very patiently all morning!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic