West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Meetings, and Events Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

July Wrap-Up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: July Wrap-Up
    Posted: 09 July 2011 at 10:36pm

For the third month in a row I have attended without Gretchin. I do believe that is some sort of record of some kind.

Anyways, Patrick pulled up to my place about 5:00, and we made great pace to meet, hoping to be early enough to get some socialization in before the 6:00 start time. When we pulled in the lot, there was not a single Fiero, an attendance that remained consistent up until about 5:45, where our newest members Peter and Pat pulled up. After introducing ourselves, Damien was there shortly after, and then the floodgates opened and a whole plethora of Fieros arrived.

Unfortunately, this was also about 6:05, so the meeting started a touch late as well stayed out to chat with one another and admire eachother's vehicles. Patrick also tried to ask if anyone, had properly aimed headlights, as his needed to be aligned. Unlike most days, the group wandered it bit by bit, rather than our usual wave of members. Anyways, we all settled in and things were rather slow to begin inside as well.

Starting first with the draws, Peter drew won his first dinner draw on his first day, I managed to take the 50/50 and a Door Prize (Blinky shift knob) and Harrison nudged out Patty for a 3/8" Ratchet (Young guys are just better in every concievable way, I guess is what I'm saying). =P

After that, Mr Patrick took the floor, first introducing our newest members. Then he discussed... Um... Something, don't really remember off-hand. We then moved on to a comparison of pre-88 to '88 Fieros at Aircare, at which the '88 is twice as strict at driving tests, and up to five times as strict at idle. Yeah, have fun trying to pass, tip of the day: Swap VINs if you own an '88.

He then continued rambling on about Gary's rear sway - I mean Patrick's sway bar. Following that was a auto-cross interview between Colby and Harrison (With Colby throwing down against Harrison) and another shameless self-promotion of us trying to get more autocross drivers. We ended with a brief reminder of both the July 30th autocross event (Corvette Club) and the Whistler Run on the 31st.

Things then went back outside, where Harrison went to fix his vacuum leak (Which sadly ended up evading his repair attempts) while David and team Colby tried to chase down his pesky rich/lean issue using the scan-tool. While this went on, Patrick and I argued about various things, and said goodbye to Harrison as he headed back home. We then sauntered over to Colby's car, but I missed the final consensus, one of them will have to post. At this point David headed home, and Gary instructed me to place money on the ground, near his tire.

Confused but curious, I did as he and he told Patrick to note where his headlights were, then left. As Patrick quickly fiddled with his lights, he got them spot on and we raced back home in time to run in to a mass of unmoving traffic.

And on that bombshell, we say goodnight.

Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
D_sensitized View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote D_sensitized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2011 at 9:46am
Well as you may have already figured out by the stumbling and
hiccuping as I drove away, my vacuum leak is still there. It also seems
that everytime I think I fixed something, something else pops up. On
the way back home later, sitting in traffic, the speedo would jump up to
around 30 even though I was going maybe 2km/hr. I'll see how it
drives tonight and hopefully there isn't some other problem coming up.
-Harrison
88GT 3800 SC1 F23 5-speed
Chilliwack
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2011 at 9:47am

You need to go 88MPH, Harrison!

So, what of that vacuum line coming off the EVAP canister, was it not to blame for the leak?

Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2011 at 12:52pm

I want to add that it was a pleasure to meet Peter and his wife Pat at the meeting. I got a chance to talk to Peter at length out in the parking lot about his '86 (which he's had since new!) as Peter and Pat were in the second Fiero to arrive at the meeting after Tristan and myself, and it was awhile before anyone else turned up.

Although Peter appears to be even older than me (yes Tristan, hard to believe I know), it was great to hear that he was still doing things to his Fiero himself such as swapping out transmissions, etc. I hope Peter doesn't mind me mentioning the age factor, but it's so easy as we get older (I'm 55) to think to ourselves, I don't "feel" like doing this or that in regards to car maintenance and therefore paying someone else to do it. As we all know though, the only way to get the job done right is to do it ourselves. Sometimes that's with the assistance of friends, and that to me is what this club is all about. (Several of you have given me a hand, you know who you are.)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic